Holding On

Feelings

Anna woke up the next morning feeling guilty for screaming at Jack. She looked over at her clock to see it was 4 in the morning. She had stayed in her room for the whole day with nothing to eat besides that granola bar. She got out of bed and went across the hall to Jack’s room and opened it slightly to see him in his usual position. Lying on his stomach, arm hanging off the side, and covers down to his feet.

She slowly walks over to the right side of the mattress and climbs in pulling the covers softly to his waist and her shoulders. He didn’t wake up but he moved his head so he faced her. Anna didn’t know what came over her but she found Jack cute asleep. She felt butterflies in her stomach as he snored softly. She started scooting herself closer to him so her face was inches away to his. She memorized all his features, his forehead, his eyes, nose, lips, jaw... Lips.

She felt her heart race as she stared at them. She sighs closing her eyes then reopening them to see brown orbs staring back at her grey ones.

“Hi.” She whispers with a slight crack in her voice.

“What are you doing in here?” he asks,

“I-…I wanted to…Apologize for yelling at you.” She studders, “I didn’t mean to cuss at you.”

“Its fine, Anna. I should have known this was going to happen since I’m dealing with a pre-teen.” He rolls on his side and props his head up with his hand and looks down at her.

“I feel horrible about it.”

“Forget about it, alright?” he smiles, brushing her hair behind her ear and just petted her.

“I can’t” she whispers.

“Shh, go to sleep.” He coos bringing her in and shutting his eyes. “I forgive you. You’ll feel better in the morning.”

Anna knew she was forgiven, but even sleep couldn’t help the way she acted. Especially towards someone who saved and took care of her. She looks up at his peaceful face and realized how handsome he was. Her favorite part of him was his nose. She didn’t know why, but she loved it. Love. Was that the feeling she had towards him? The butterflies fluttering every time he’d breathed on her face. Her second favorite was his eyes. They were closed, but she seemed lost in those brown eyes. And finally his lips. Something in her mind wanted to press hers against his.

Anna scowls at herself for thinking of her best friend like that.

“What are you doing?” she heard Jack mutter.
‘Crap.’ she thought.

“Thinking.” She almost stuttered as she closed her eyes, avoiding his.

“About?”

“Nothing.” She growls then flips over to her left side with her back facing him.

“Hormones.” He sang.

“Go to sleep, Jack.”

“Go to sleep, Jack. She says.” He chuckles mocking her before closing his eyes.

Anna expression softened as she clutches Jack’s pillow. She decided to keep her feelings to herself…Or…At least keep them in till she was ready to tell him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lalala. It's short.

Thank you,
MentalMasturbation
LoveMckaela
Shadow's Gate
Brooklynn Marie
Liz loves matthew.
xx; Ignorance
DaniBaby
Catharine.
serinitycelene
Escape.My.Fate
Strange Lifestyles
starbella

For Commenting<33