Holding On

Of Course

I opened my eyes, just wishing I woke up in my own bed, in my apartment, in New York. But instead, I wake up in the Joker’s other hideout. No wonder they can never catch the sucker—he’s got too many places to hide! And I don’t know where I am. On the way here, I was blindfolded.

My feet ached, and I didn’t want to run and make them feel worse. I didn’t want to put any kind of pressure on it. I have no idea what the Joker is planning on doing with me, but I wish he’d do it already. Giving me a guest-like junky room with a semi-comfy bed, I don’t know what he’s thinking.

I curled myself in a ball, staring at the wall…Ha…That rhymed…What else rhymes? Tall…Call…Mall…Hall…Yall. More like ‘Y’all’ really, but, whatever. I am bored…Scared… But I can’t show him that…It would be a sign that I am weak. I cannot show him I am weak!



At the main hideout, Joker arrived and saw Harley sitting on the couch with an icepack on her stomach and Riddler flipping through the channels on the TV.

“What happened?” Joker growls as Harley perks up when he spoke and started pouting.

“Puddinnnn’, Batman hit me on my tummy.” She whines,

He turns to Riddler, cocking his head, “Batman?”

“Yeah. Very strange meeting him there.”

“Meeting?”

“More like showed up uninvited…Like you at the party.”

Joker rolled his eyes, then closing them, “What did he want?” he hisses through his teeth.

“He wanted that girl…Melinda.”

Harley came by Joker and hugged his left arm as she glared at Riddler.

“He wants Melinda?”

“Yep.”

“Why?”

“He didn’t say…”

“You didn’t ask!” Harley snaps.

“SHUT UP!!” Joker screams pushing her roughly to the ground, and glares at Riddler who pursed his lips.

Joker cracks his neck and stretches out his fingers out. Riddler shrugs his shoulders and rises from the chair and leans on his cane.

“Well…Are you willing to hand her over dead…Or alive?”

“Neither.”

“Neither?” “NEITHER?!” both Riddler and Harley say/yelled at the same time.

“I believe, Batman doesn’t deserve to be awarded such a…beautiful creature, such as her…In fact…I think I’m not going to give her up…Both of you and everyone else is not allowed to touch my new toy…”

“Puddin’…Your not replacing me with her are you?”

Joker said nothing, only smirked and looked at Riddler.

“I assure you, Jokes…No one will touch a single hair on her.”

Harley whipped her head over at Riddler with her mouth gapped open, enough that she could catch flies. Joker nods his head slightly before turning around and walking out of the warehouse.

“He’s not really replacing me—is he??”

“Hmm….Well…” Riddler looks at her, before tossing his cane up and catching it at the middle and slowly turned and said, “She is very beautiful…” he smiles, tipping his hat then walking away.

Harley had this feeling she never had before…This…Aroma of anger and greed mixing up inside her. She didn’t like Melinda when she first met her…And she hated her when she got a beating from her Puddin’…And now she despises her, because she was slowly taking her lover away from her…

She looks down at her hands and noticed her nails digging through her gloves and cutting her palms open. She releases her grip and lets the blood drip to the cold floor. She couldn’t feel any pain…Then she questioned herself…Has she gone deeper into insanity?

She grins…Of course.



I was unwrapping my bandages from my foot, and looked at my wounds. When the cool air hit them it hurt. I hissed in pain as I heard loud footsteps approach the door and opened to reveal only the man in Halloween makeup.

Not showing that I’m weak—I sucked up the pain and put on a straight face. He only glances down at my feet then back at me. He walks around the bed while taking off his cloak, never taking my eyes off of him. He pulled out a clean roll of bandages and some ointment and came over to the side of the bed and sat on the edge, keeping his eyes locked with mine. I almost couldn’t see his eyes, due to his black eye makeup. I could only see the white of his sclera.

I jumped away once I felt his hand on my calf.

“Get away from me!” I hissed,

“I’m just going to change your bandages.”

“I can do it.”

“Now, princess…I really don’t like arguing”

“And really don’t like you touching me, thank you.” I gave a sarcastic smirk.

He cackles at me then suddenly stops and grabs my legs, pulling them straight out giving me a warning stare.

He unwrapped the other bandage and puts the ointment on. I never like my feet, I thought they were too flat and big for my bony legs. And I didn’t like people touching them, especially this guy. I wouldn’t mind if he’d cut my feet off. I’d die of blood loss due to the artery in the back of my ankle, seems painful but it really wouldn’t matter. I’d care less if he fed my feet to a bunch of Rottweilers or Pit Bulls, ‘cause that’s how much I hate them.

He finished wrapping them up and I pulled them up on the bed. I noticed he was not far away from me. His eyes seemed to change but his facial expression didn’t. His eyes had the look of sympathy. Confused, I muttered a ‘thank you’ without thinking. He sucked in a breath and shivered—avoiding eye contact, he stood and walked out the door with his cloak quickly as I ever seen anyone move.

What the hell was that about?
♠ ♠ ♠
I just came back from South C. :D it's so pretty up there.
I got a hair cut too before I went. It's short. I cried. :[

Anyways.
I made it to 100 COMMENTS!!! :D 104 really. lol and 100 subscribers and 200 and something readers. I'm so happy! I'm also a 10 stars. YAYY thanks everybody, keep the comments coming. Lets see if we can go 200 comments ;]

Thanks,
MentalMasturbation
Mckaela Haner
Shadow's Gate
Brooklynn Marie (100TH COMMENTER!!!)
jokie
xx; Ignorance
DaniBaby
Catharine.
serinitycelene
Escape.My.Fate
Strange Lifestyles
starbella
XxbrokensoulxX
ThereAre666Ways2Love
ChasingMemories
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
Bunny-on-Drugs
Angelofhellsfire
Xxsk8tersrockXx
XahhaxRey
I Am Vengeance 6661
Pamela Pandemic
Musicislife89
ItEndsTonight
xXxpeebeejayxXx
Death_to_Roses
wolfprincess1995
lost.in.time
melmelzie
for_the_love_of_me
zipzapzach

For Commenting<33