Status: I'm gonna try and go for this whole update biweekly thing.

Someone's Gotta Give

It was mediocre

Brakes squealed and the bus lurched to a halt sending me sprawled out onto the floor. Outside the door I could hear Nikki swearing and Tommy laughing at him, obvious they were up. I blinked my eyes a few times trying to wake up, I tiredly rubbed my face as I tried to process what had happened only moments earlier.

"I guess that means that it's time for me to get up." I said rather annoyed that I had been woken up, after all I didn't want to be woken up, I preferred to wake up by myself and maybe lay in bed for a bit, not get thrown out of my bed onto the floor. I tiredly rubbed my eyes before getting up off the cool floor and pulling off my see-through shirt. I didn’t think that walking out in a see-through shirt in front of Motley Crue would be a very smart idea, well it would be a good idea for me and Tommy, but there was the slight drawback, meaning my dad was there.

“How the hell did Lucy sleep through that speed bump?” Vince wondered as I pulled on another shirt and pulled my red-orange hair into a ponytail.

“She didn’t” I muttered to myself as I opened the tiny door and slipped out of my room to where Motley Crue was sitting.

“Morning Lucy.” My dad said as he spotted me.

“Morning dad.” I mumbled as I shuffled over to him and sat on his lap like a kid.

“Don’t you think you’re getting a little old for this?” He asked after a moment of me sitting on his lap.

“No.” I replied tiredly as I rubbed my eyes and focused on staying awake, I really shouldn’t have gotten out of bed. “What time is it?” I asked after a moment of silence overtook the bus.

“It’s eight-fifty six in the morning.” Nikki answered, he sounded tired too, probably because of Crue Fest.

“I should’ve slept in.” I grumbled to myself as Tommy and Vince both laughed.

“Too late for that.” My dad answered as I stood up.

“No it’s not.” I argued, “and I’m going to prove that and go back to bed for another four hours.” I finished as my dad rolled his eyes and I shuffled back into my room, picking up my sketchpad and nearly dropping it again after seeing the picture I had drawn the previous night.

“Seems as though I severely fucked up on your snakebites Mr. Ashba,” I mumbled to myself as I studied the picture and flopped back down on my bed. Overall it wasn’t a bad drawing, it was mediocre. Not great but not bad, and certainly not something that I would settle for as my artwork.

**

“This is ridiculous.” I grumbled after we hit another bump in the road, a bump that resulted in a black streak across DJ’s face. I shook my head as I dropped the pencil I was holding and picked up my eraser, running it over the black streak, erasing part of his face in the process, I’d have to resketch that in before I continued. After an hour and a half of trying to sketch in the jaw section of the face it still didn’t resemble DJ very well and I was getting frustrated.

“Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me.” I snarled as the bus hit another bump sending my hand across the bump and making me erase things that I didn’t want to. “I give up, for now.” I said out loud, admitting defeat as I closed the sketchbook and put it on the floor then dropped my eraser onto the ground, my room had hardly anything in it, so I’d be able to find it later, hopefully. Someone knocked on the door as I fell back onto my little bed.

“Come in.” I said as I shut my eyes, I heard the door open quietly and then a familiar chuckle as I opened my eyes again. “Hi Tommy.” I mumbled as a smile broke out across his face.

“Your dad wants to know if you’d like something to eat for breakfast.” He said, was it just me or did everyone sound really tired this morning?

“Cereal sounds good to me.” I replied as I closed my eyes again.

“In that case I think you’re going to have to make it yourself.” Tommy said as I shrugged my shoulders.

“Fine, then I’ll be out in a second.” I said as I sat up and pulled my hair out of its ponytail and letting my straight hair fall to the middle of my chest.

“Okay.” Tommy replied as he started to shut the door before hesitating for a moment. “And Lucy.”

“Yes Tommy?”

“You look really pretty today.” He said before he closed the door with a gentle click as I smiled to myself before getting up and going to eat breakfast.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I've been majorly lacking in the updates for quite a while.

And this is the last one for about a month, it's getting put on hold along with everything else of mine because of National Novel Writing Month. Or the insane thing where someone writes 50,000 words in a month.

And I think you should all check out this story 'cause it's my NaNo project :)

Oh and this picture made this update possible so you should thank it. :P