Status: Just starting. Subscribe/comment.

Made of Stone

1. I Don't Believe In Much Of Anything

"Hey Harley," Ryan drew out slowly and with much apprehension. He looked over at his girlfriend of the past four years who was laying next to him on the hood of his beat up 1966 Chevy Impala.

She lazily turned her head to look at him, signaling for him to continue.

"Please don't hate me for what I'm about to say." Her body tensed at the possibility of his horrible news. He only ever started conversations between them like that when they both knew she was going to get mad. "But it's very possible I might have misplaced the keys."

"I'm sorry," Harley propped herself up on her elbows and looked at him. "what?"

"I could have sworn I put them in my pocket." He said, growing more nervous.

"Check again." She said with a low growl.

He decided against fighting her on it and got off the car to stand up. Harley watched him as he shoved his hands in each of the pockets on his skinny jeans.

"No," he started. "I remember we got out of the car and I--" A look of horror washed over his face as he frantically put his hand in the pocket of his hoodie, only to expose his fingers on the other side.

Harley's eyes widened to the same degree as Ryan's. "You put them in the pocket with the hole?" He nodded meekly. "Well they can't be far off," She reasoned, jumping off the car and trying to think and retrace their steps. "Okay, we got out of the car and--fuck!" She yelled. They had played a brief game of hide and seek/tag out in the abandoned field.

Ryan swore under his breath and followed Harley out into the middle of the field. "Sor--" he began to say, but Harley had cut him off.

"Just focus on the task at hand." She snapped, bemused by the situation.

After a few moments, Ryan said quietly, "Marco."

Harley couldn't fight the smile growing on her face. Before she could contain herself and remember that she was mad at him, she yelled, "POLO!"

"Marco!" He yelled, jumping up and pounding his chest.

"Poloooo!" She screamed, remaining on all fours in her quest for the keys.

Harley and Ryan continued with their silly antics as they searched for the keys for what felt like hours.

"Polo! Polo! Polo!" Harley yelled excitedly as she came upon the sight of the keys.

"Uh, Marco?" Ryan called back confused.

"I found the keys." She said, reaching over to grab them. "Whoa, what's this?" Attached to the keys was a sparkling diamond ring.

"So, I may have lost the keys on purpose." Ryan said, appearing next to her with a mischievous grin spread across his face.

"What are you talking about?" She asked with a confused smile.

He playfully rolled his eyes, taking the keys from her and removing the ring. He got on one knee and took her left hand in his. He smiled up at her and asked, "Harley Leeann, will you marry me?"
♠ ♠ ♠
:D

Comment/subscribe.
I got big plans for this.