Status: Just starting. Subscribe/comment.

Made of Stone

2. I Threw That Away When I Found Out

I’ll be the first to admit, Ryan Hunter was certainly not my first choice. Nor was he my second for that matter. Hell, he wasn’t even on my radar. “Uncharted territory” was how Astria, my best friend since birth, phrased it. All it took was for Sal to introduce us once and I haven’t been able to shake him loose since. He was persistent in winning my heart. In the end, after his two years of constant chasing, he had finally gotten what he wanted. Plus a little more than he had bargained for.

I swear I’ll never forget the look of shock his face held once the words, “I’m pregnant.” flew from my mouth.

He looked pissed off as he had been working on the band’s van. I wasn’t even going to deny how good his tanned muscles looked with the sweat rolling naturally down his body. But I wasn’t focusing on that at the moment.

I cleared my throat hesitantly. We had gotten into a pretty big fight the day before and I was sure I was the last person he wanted to see at that moment.

He turned around, his expression souring once he saw it was me. He stayed quiet so it was obvious I would have to initiate the conversation.

“Can we talk?” I said very quietly avoiding his gaze.

He scoffed. “Oh so now you wanna talk.” I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms, waiting for him to get off his high horse. “Don’t roll your eyes, Harley. Especially at me of all people.”

“Sorry.” I muttered, keeping my gaze on the ground.

He rolled his eyes and simply turned back around to the van and continued working. I didn’t move. I couldn’t speak. The words were a lot harder to say than I would have thought. They were sitting there right at the tip of my tongue.

He turned around again, his expression growing with rage. “What could we possibly have to talk about, huh? I say we got out everything we needed to last night. After two years of chasing you, you finally decide to tell me that you can’t feel the same about me. That you want nothing to do with me. Two fucking years, Harley!” He yelled. He was making me seem bitchier than usual. “You just string me along and let me fall in love with you and then you do this shit. So what, Harley? What could you possibly have to say for yourself?”

I finally lifted my head to look at him. My expression remaining stoic. “I’m pregnant.” His face went through so many emotions in that second; rage, fear, doubt, guilt, etc. But shock stood out the most. It would have been completely comical had it not been happening to us.

But now three years later, I’m glad to report things are much better. For the most part at least. We still fight obviously. I may give him a ton of shit, but truth is, I love him more than anything. And we have the most beautiful three year old boy, James Dean, ever. Ryan Hunter was good to me. He was a good father.

Ryan Hunter was my best friend. I had grown a reputation for being a huge bitch. I just didn’t like to take shit from people. And he stuck with me through it all. I honestly don’t know what I would do without him.

“What’s for dinner?” I heard Sal, Ryan’s best friend, ask as he and Ryan came through the side door of the kitchen. Astria, my best friend since diapers, laughed lightly at his appetite. He was always hungry.

Sal began to rifle through the cabinets in the kitchen, earning a slap from my mom. That woman amazed me. She stuck by me once I got pregnant, and took Ryan in as well, as if he was her own son. She truly was an amazing woman.

“Oh, baby.” Ryan said dramatically, throwing himself down on the couch beside me and laying his feet on my lap. “A foot massage is so needed right now.” He wiggled his toes and smiled.

He couldn’t be serious, right? “You’re right.” I countered, setting my feet over his on his lap. “A foot massage does sound good right now.”

“But I meant I need one.” He pouted.

“I deserve one more.”

“But baby, I perform every night. It’s exhausting.” He argued.

“I take care of a three year old all damn day.” I cocked my eyebrow. He wasn’t seriously going to start this losing battle, was he?”

“I lug heavy equipment around each venue.” Yeah, he was starting this losing battle.

I gave him that look that signaled he was about to lose and said, “I went through childbirth. Naturally.” He stayed silent for awhile before pouting and grabbing my feet and began to rub them.

“I wish I had my man whipped like that.” Astria said, having witnessed our argument.

“Get pregnant. He’ll be bound to you forever.” I replied.

“It’s true.” Ryan agreed, making us all laugh.

“Hey, Harley.” Ryan began in that tone he used whenever he wanted something.

I pulled my feet away slowly, which he didn’t object to. “What?” I asked cautiously. I wasn’t even sure I wanted to know.

“Well you know I love you so much.” He started. “So so so much. More than life itself.”

“Uh-huh.” I waited for him to continue.

“We uh.” He cleared his throat. I could tell he was getting more nervous. He was starting to fidget. “The guys and I kinda need a new techie.”

“Uh-huh.” I knew what he was getting at. And I knew what the answer would be.

“And we were thinking, maybe you could-”

“No.” I stated, not even letting him finish his question.

“But Harley!” He whined. “It’s really important to us. And we don’t have the money to hire someone. And you know everything about that stuff.”

“No. Besides, J.D. needs me.” I said, referring to our son’s nickname.

“No, I don’t.” He yelled from the kitchen table where he was sitting with Sal.

“Oh, Har,” Astria said, getting on the floor and clasping her hands together. “It’ll be so much fun having a girl that’s not a slut on the road. Please do it! Please?”

“Yeah,” Ryan said, mimicking her actions and getting on the floor and clasping his hands together. “Pleeeeeaaaassseeee!” They both begged.

I stayed silent for awhile, looking into their pleading eyes. “Give me your credit card.” I commanded of Ryan.

“What?” He asked confusedly, reaching into his back pocket, but not pulling anything out just yet. “Why?”

“Well if I’m gonna be stuck on tour for three months, I’m gonna need new clothes.” I explained. Both Ryan and Astria threw themselves on me, thankful I had said yes.

Little did I know of the mess I was about to get myself into.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took awhile to get out.
Hopefully you enjoyed.
Kinda fillerish.

The real fun starts next chapter.

comment/subscribe.