Growing Up

Golden

~after CD release show~

As we wait for Fall Out Boy back stage I got this nervousness in my stomach. I can feel my hands start shaking. Why is this happening? Am I in love with him or scared to hang with him?
“hey are all ready?” Pete asked. He was wearing a clandestine hoodie, blue jeans and of course the famous bartskull necklace.
“Yeah I think so” I answered.

“Okay so where are we going today?” Joe said.

“I say we go to my favorite restaurant Friday’s!!!” Krissy says excitingly.

“fine lets go.” I say. As we pile into my trunk I can hear my heart beat faster and faster. Just to lighten the mood I decide to pop in their new album Infinity On High.

When we got to Friday’s we got a table right away. Joe MADE me and Pete sit next to each other. We got settled then my phone rings what joy. I look at the caller ID hey its my mom.

“Hey mom whats up?” I said into the phone.

“Shea I don’t know how im going to say this…” I knew she was upset the way her voice shook “…nanny… pasted away last night.” She said breaking down on the phone. I could feel the tears in my eyes about to flow like a river.

“What? No this cant be.” I started to tear up.

“Im afraid so im going to call your brother and tell him okay? You hang in there okay. And remember you always have Krissy with you. Bye sweetie.” She said crying.

“bye mom.” I said shutting my phone.

“Shea is everything okay?” Pete asked concerned.

“No my grandma pasted away last night.” I said breaking down crying on his shoulder. I hope he doesn’t mind. FUCK I hope my eyeliner isn’t running.

“Oh…” they all said at once like a big chorus. “… I had no idea im so sorry” Pete said.

“Im sorry if im getting your shirt all wet and stained with eyeliner if my eyeliner is running.” I say cheering up alittle bit.

“Oh its okay. Were you close to your grandmother?” He said smiling at me.

“Kris you want to take this” I said whipping my tears away.

“Sure Shea. She was so close to her grandma they were like best friends. They would have so much fun. And she told me that she was the only one who understood her besides me and all our friends. I’ve met her she was nice and if I needed her I would call her up and she would help.” Kris pointed out.

“Wow I had no idea” Patrick stated.

“Yeah now shes gone” I said.

“Shea remember this It Does Matter How Many Breathes You Take All That Matters Is How Many Moments Take Your Breathe Away.” Pete implied as I finished up my coke.

“Thanks Pete I feel better now”. I concluded as I looked at Pete I think he likes me just the way he is looking at me it makes me forget everything. That has just happened in the last 5 min or so.

“Hey Shea if you need anything call me and ill be right over okay.” Pete suggested.

“Okay hey do you think that you guys can come to the funeral with Krissy and me?” I asked hoping they say yes.

“Sure anything to make you feel better and to get close Pete” Patrick said. “Owww Pete why the fuck did you just kick me in the shin?” He continued.

“Because Patrick I did may I see out outside” Pete growled.