Status: Slow updates

Just Friends

A Nice Surprise Visit

Nicholas’ Point of View


As I rode the elevator up to our hotel rooms, graciously provided by our new label, I couldn’t help but smile, like the rest of my family. We were in our home state to play two back-to-back shows at the Prudential Center and then do a performance on Dick Clarks’ New Years Rockin’ Eve in New York City.
Two thousand and seven had been a really interesting year for us. Unfortunately, we had been dropped by Daylight/Columbia Records. But thankfully, a few months later, we signed a contract with Hollywood Records and Disney. In August, we released a self titled album. If we thought we had fans in two thousand and six, they were no match to the fans we gained with this album and all of Disney’s support. Still, Disney had us doing a ton of work already. Because of this, we hadn’t been home in Wyckoff for more than a few days at a time, so our parents decided that we should have a house in California. But with our schedule looking busier on the west coast, we had to sell our Jersey home. None of us loved the idea of leaving our family and friends behind, but we were grateful for all we had been given and for their support.

As we reached our rooms, we split off into pairs. Oddly, Joe walked over to with a room key rather than Kevin.

“We’re together?”

“Yep,” He nodded, sliding the key in the door, “You’ll thank me later for it.”

“I doubt that,” I mock scoffed before sauntering into the room.

“Well, fuck you, too!” He flopped onto one of the beds and threw a pillow over his head, “Wake up before we have to go.”

“That is if I’m back. Can I have the room key?” I questioned, stretching out my hand for him to place it in.

He lifted the pillow and gave me a questioning look, “Going to spend some ‘quality time’ with Miley?”

“You already know the answer so why are you asking? But seriously, c’mon, I wanna go before Mom and Dad come over and force me to do something,” I pleaded.

“It’s on the table by the door,” He waved his hand as if motioning to it.

“Thanks!” I ditched my suitcase and ran for the door.

“Just try to be back before we have to leave. Trust me on this, you don’t want to miss it,” He called after me.

“Sure, sure,” I shook it off. My parents always wanted us to spend some family time together before the show, which I wouldn’t mind missing.

I called Miley to let her know that I was on my way to the lobby, which is where we usually met.

We had a quick hug before wandering off to go and find somewhere to be alone.

-0-

A few hours later, my phone would not stop buzzing.

Eventually, I pulled away from Miley to reach into my back pocket for my phone.

“Joe? What is it?”

“Did I not tell you to meet us? Hurry up, or Mom’ll have a fit.”

I groaned, “Fine, fine. Be up in a few.” I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and gave Miley one more peck, “Sorry, babe, I’ve gotta go do family stuff.”

“I understand, Nicky. We can always hang out after the show, too,” She winked.

“That is a very good point,” I smirked, leaning in to kiss her again.

“You really have to go. I don’t want to make your family mad,” She gently shoved me off while chuckling.

“Alright. Bye, love you.”

“I love you, too. See ya later, cutie.” She blew a kiss as she walked out of the ballroom through the opposite door from me.

I sighed and made my way towards the elevator. When I made it up to our floor, I saw my family gathered in front of my parents’ room. They were all facing away from me, so I tried to quietly make my way over to stand near Joe. He decided to clap a hand on my shoulder and shove me in front of him.

“Nice of you to show up!” He commented as I glared at him, “What? The Kings were starting to worry that you got abducted or something.”

“The Kings?” I questioned before turning towards our family friends, “Liz!”

“Hey, Nick,” She smiled softly.

I shook Joe off me and stepped closer to her so I could pull her into a hug. “Well, this is a nice surprise visit. Why didn’t anyone tell me I was going to see you?”

“You didn’t ask,” She shrugged.

“Mom, did you set this up?” I asked, but she shook her head.

“I did!” I heard Miley’s voice say as she stepped into the circle, also.

“Did you know that you’re the best?” I questioned.

Both families ‘aw’ed at my statement and I felt my cheeks redden.

“So how long are you here?” I asked Liz.

“Just until after tomorrow’s show. Then we have to head out to Pennsylvania for my uncle’s party.”

“I’m actually pretty upset to be missing that this year,” Joe added, “Tell Bob I said hey.”

“Will do.” She nodded.

“Well, we’re going to go to dinner with the Kings. We’ll see you before you go on. Come on, Frankie!” My dad said before the parents walked off towards the elevators.

“So what are we going to do with our half hour of freedom?” Kevin asked.

“I was thinking we could show Liz around the venue and maybe mess around on stage,” Miley suggested with a devilish grin.

“Great idea,” Joe pointed at her, “Let’s go.”

So we did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello again! So, as you can tell, the story is starting off at the very end of 2007. This chapter doesn't actually get too much into anything, its more of a filler and a set up than for character development or plot building. The next chapter will have more of that. Irregardless, I hope you enjoyed this enough to comment, subscribe, and recommend it to others before waiting anxiously for the next chapter. Thanks for the read! I'll hopefully have the next chapter up sometime this weekend.