Sequel: Next Level
Status: Completed :) Wow....

Have We Gone Too Far?

Chapter 43

When we were back at Cole’s house we were both a lot calmer and we weren’t really worrying about much now. They won’t expel me; not without a really good reason, which missing the odd form time and PE lesson isn't, so we both have nothing to worry about.

As we sat down for tea I remembered what the plans were for tonight: meeting up at Beth’s house and going out to a club or something. I knew it was going to be hard to get Cole to let me go out with everyone, so I've decided to not mention the whole story to him. I’ll just tell him that I'm going to stop at Beth’s house. He knows we’re close so he’ll believe that... I hope anyway.

“Cole?” I asked him as he finished eating his tea.

“Yes?” he smiled, sounding a little suspicious, like he knew something was going on.

“Can I stay over at Beth’s tonight?” I said, quickly putting on the puppy dog eyes.

“Well...”

“I know you said I need to stay with you but it’s not like my dad or Mr. Baker are going to go to Beth’s house looking for me, is it? Plus if you don’t want me walking on my own at this time of night you could drop me near hers,” I smiled at him.

“Okay,” he whispered.

Did he seriously just say I could go? I didn’t expect it to be that easy by a long shot. Cole never budges that easily, but for now I'm not going to question it because I don’t really want to risk him changing his answer.

“You better behave yourself though,” he told me. “And sleep in separate rooms,” he smiled. “We don’t want to risk you two doing anything, do we?” he laughed.

“We wouldn't dare,” I laughed. “I like someone else anyway,” I muttered.

“Who?” he asked me, as soon as I’d finished speaking, like an excited little kid.

“You,” I smiled as I leaned over and kissed his nose a little. “You pretty dumb for a teacher,” I teased him.

“Oh shut up,” he laughed. “I’ll have you know that I'm doing my first cover lesson next week.”

“Ha, good luck,” I joked. “What year do you have?” I asked him.

“Yours,” he grinned.

“Oh you defiantly need luck then,” I laughed. “What lesson is it for?”

“Mr. Markham’s maths,” he sighed. “What joy?”

“That’s my group,” I smiled at him and he smiled back.

“Well you better pay attention because I'm going to pick on you the whole time.”

I shook my head at him, not even he could make me pay attention to a maths lesson, even if he was planning on making me look like an idiot in front of everyone. Who knows we might get a chuckle out of it.

“Erm, could I borrow something to wear?” I asked him nervously as I changed the topic.

“I thought you didn’t want me to get you things.”

“I don’t but, I don’t want to wear this again at Beth’s,” I told him.

He nodded unsurely and we went upstairs to his room to find some clothes for me. We decided on this green button up shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans, which were pretty baggy on me seeing as they were his.

“Would you like underwear this time?” he asked me, laughing a little.

“That’d be nice,” I blushed as I changed into all of the clothes we’d picked out for me. “Thanks Cole,” I smiled.

“As usual, you’re welcome,” he said rolling his eyes a little. “Come on, we best get you round to Beth’s.”

***

Cole dropped me off round the corner from her house so that they didn’t see him and then I walked the rest of the way there. Unsurprisingly I was the last there, as usual, and everyone seemed shocked that I even turned up.

“You’re here!” Beth shouted wrapping her arms around me.

“Thought you weren’t going to show for a minute there,” Jay shouted out from the living room.

“Come in,” she smiled at me.

As soon as I stepped foot into the house I saw her slightly younger sister, who apparently has a crush on me. She stood halfway down the stairs looking down at me, waving a little. I tried not to laugh at the attempted dirty smile that spread across her face.

“Hi Sammie,” I called up to her and smiled a little.

“Hey Zack,” she grinned as she slowly came down the stairs to where me and Beth were. “How has your night been so far?” she asked me.

“Alright,” I smiled. “A lot better than usual actually.”

“Come on Zack,” Beth hissed as she took hold of my hand ready to take me to the other room. “Just leave him alone Sam!”

I laughed as we left her sister just standing there. I don’t really know why Sammie and Beth hate each other so much; I actually think they’re both pretty cool.

“Zacky,” Ellie smiled as she gave me a quick hug.

“Sorry I'm late guys,” I told them.

“You should be,” Jay joked; well I think he was joking anyway. “What took you so long?”

“The usual,” I muttered.

“Oh...” he said, still sounding a bit confused.

After that we all started talking about random topics; all of us except Kyle that is. He was sat on his own lying down on the couch as he looked out the window. Then I realized something that I should’ve noticed straight away; Miranda’s not here. Did Kyle break up with her?

I decided to go over and talk to him, even though we’re not getting on too well at the minute.

“No Miranda,” I stated the obvious.

“Too sluty for my liking,” he mumbled back at me, only turning his head slightly away from the window.

“I thought that was how you like them,” I joked making him smile a little bit. “So, did you dump her?”

“Not exactly,” he smiled.

“She dumped you?!”

“Wow, hell no. We just had a bit of a fall out, I suppose.”

I nodded at him and acted like I understood. It looks like they’re not over after all, but oh well; I mean they’re not likely to last much longer, are they? As Kyle said, he doesn’t go for girls like her and if he doesn’t want someone like her there’s no chance that their relationship will work.

“Guys are we ready to go?” Beth asked.

We all started randomly screaming to answer her making her laugh a little and her mum and dad walk in to see what was going on.

“Can we keep the noise down everyone,” her mum said, even though I knew she secretly loved it when we were all round.

She use to be pretty worried about Beth because she stopped going out, speaking to them, and spending time with her friends. So now that she’s back to normal her mum is grateful for all of the time she spends with us.

“Sorry Tracy,” we all said at once, laughing a little.

“Oh Zack I didn’t see you there,” she smiled as she walked over and gave me a hug. What can I say? I told you her parents love me. “We haven’t seen you around here in ages; where’ve you been?”

“I've just had a few things to deal with at home,” I smiled at her, trying to hide any real emotions. “It’s nothing to worry about though.”

“Well that’s good to hear,” she smiled in a motherly way.

I've suppose I've always felt like other people’s families were mine to be honest. Like at Beth’s I'm always made to feel like I'm one of them, and when we use to go Kyle’s, I'm sure some of his brother’s actually thought I was related to them. We use to be so close.

“Zacky,” her dad said in a fake stern voice as he came over to me.

“Joey,” I smiled as we did our old handshake.

“It’s been a while,” he sighed.

“Too long really,” I laughed.

“GUYS!” Beth shouted. “Can we go now?”

I looked around the room and realized everyone else was now in the waiting by the front door, staring at me impatiently.

“I’d better get going,” I smiled. “But it was great seeing you again.”

“It’s a pleasure Zack,” Joe, Beth’s dad, said as he shook my hand. His grip was really firm which worried me slightly. I wonder how he’s going to react when Beth tells them I'm the dad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm, I'm not sure what i think of this chapter at the moment...

But I've started planing what I'm writing now so hopefully that's a good thing :)

I have the next 4 chapters planed (not wrote) but this one and the one I'm planing to write next were meant to just be one but then i decided this was enough for a chapter so... yeah

Thanks to
StarstripexMoose
Moosey
rossakamfzb
Danny Worsnop
For commenting :)