Sequel: Next Level
Status: Completed :) Wow....

Have We Gone Too Far?

Chapter 76 (Cole's Point of View)

Earlier that day

To be honest I'm still a mess right now. I’ve got to hold myself together though, if not for my own sake, then for the class that I’m covering right now. The fact is I just can’t handle the thought of Mr. Baker being out there still. Zack doesn’t even seem bothered anymore. Sure at the time he looked petrified, but as soon as it settled in he seemed more relaxed than I’ve ever seen him before. Doesn’t he know that that man is still out there? I know he’s younger than me but even he can understand that. It’s a bad world and right now simply stepping outside the front door is dangerous.

“Sir,” a girl from the back of the room shouted, snapping me out of my thoughts. She stretched out the r as she called me. Something about that made me uncomfortable.

I walked over to her desk, not wanting to disturb the others. It was another group of year eleven students today, but this time I didn't have Zack. I did recognize some of the people in here though; they’re ones that he hangs around with.

Jay was glaring at me. I don’t know why, but I felt as if he knew something. It’s not as if there was any other reason for him to look at me like that. a few days ago, Zacky told me that Jay was the one who told them all that he was gay. When I found out this information I wanted to kill the kid. That was Zack’s business! But seeing him now, I know I’d never do that. I was just angry.

“What’s up?” I asked the girl, doing my best to ignore the look that Jay was giving me. I spoke to her in the least teacher sounding voice I’ve ever heard myself use. What’s wrong with me?

“I don’t understand question 8,” she told me.

I leaned over the desk and looked at the textbook she had in front of her. I frowned as I read the question. I’ve never been good at science.

“Right,” I sighed, standing up straight again. I rolled my eyes at the faces on the girls I saw behind me as I turned around. What is it about people bending down that people find so interesting? Come on! It’s not a big deal. I coughed to get the classes attention before asking them to explain question 8.

I was pretty proud of myself really. I didn't know the answer so I subtly made the class do it instead. Creative really, isn't it?

“Oh Sir,” the same girl said once everyone got back to working.

“Yup,” I said, swiftly turning back around to face her.

She smirked at me and then fluttered her eyelashes a little.

“Do you live on that new estate near the beach?” she asked me.

Her question caught me off guard. What sort of thing is that to ask? I know it’s true, but maybe it’s best to just say that I don’t. I don’t need a stalker right now, well, not another one.

“No,” I muttered, not convincingly enough though. I could see in her eyes that she didn't believe me. “Why?”

“Oh I just saw you round there a few weeks ago,” she smiled. “I think you were with a friend.”

The way she said that scared me. A friend? What did she mean by that? I looked at her and nodded my head. If I deny everything there’s no chance she’ll believe what I'm telling her.

“I know a few people around there,” I told her with a smile before going back to my desk.

Right now I feel so paranoid. Seriously, I actually have a theory that the girl might be Mr. Baker in some kind of amazing disguise. That’s a stupid thought though. It’s impossible that something like that could ever happen. He wouldn't fit into a school girl costume. Of course he wouldn't.

When the bell finally rung at the end of that lesson, the last one of the day. I let out a sigh of relief, but curiosity had gotten the best of me. I had to know what that girl knew.

As she was walking out with some of her friends, I asked if she could wait behind for a few minutes.

“So what’s your name?” I asked her.

She gave me a really weird look, but I could tell that on the inside this was exactly what she wanted. Sure, she might have just said what she said earlier because she did see me with someone. It was probably just John or something. The thing is I'm so on edge right now I need a definite answer from her.

“Miranda,” she smiled, pouting her lips a bit.

The closer the look at her, the more shocked I am. How does she get away with coming to school looking the way she does? Her skirt is so short! And other than that, her first top three buttons are undone and she’s practically shoving her cleavage in my face. It’s a good job I’d never go for trash like that.

“What you said earlier-” I started saying but was interrupted by her placing her finger on my lips. She can’t do that.

I quickly pushed her hand away, not with enough force to alarm her or anything though.

“You don’t need to worry,” she smiled. “I don’t follow you around or anything, I just saw you.”

I nodded at her.

“And who was I with?” I asked her.

I know I'm raising all of her suspicions now, and I have a feeling that I’m going to regret doing this.

“Some guy,” she sighed. I let out a sigh of relief but she then added something. “It was the night before the first day at school,” she mumbled. “And I saw you and...this guy,” she told me.

My mouth almost fell open, but I just about managed to stay in control of myself.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“I know what I saw.”

“Well I don’t know what you’re on about,” I told her. “And whatever it is that you’re trying to say, I think you should just drop it.”

She nodded her head at me, actually looking kind of scared. I signaled towards the door, letting her know that she could leave now. She all but ran out of the room, leaving me alone in there.

She saw us. I was only with one person that night, well, it was morning actually but that’s the only thing that it could be. She saw me and Zack. Why did she bring it up now though? She’s had so long.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this made sense...It's been a while. You all remember Miranda....right?

I'm going to make my chapters a bit shorter now, just because sometimes i feel like I'm writing just to fill up more space, which is pretty pointless really. i should be able to update more often if i make them a little shorter as well. So instead of doing 5,6,7 pages I'm going to do 3,4,5, which is like a lot less but it's still over 1000 words, which is the lowest that i plan to go hehe

Oh and I'm going to start on the next chapter now, maybe even finish it tonight, so it shouldn't be too long before i update again :)

And yeah, sorry for the wait guys. I'm hoping the shorter updates will sort the long gaps out though hehe

Next chapter is still Cole because in my plan this chapter would be a lot longer, but i sort of wanted to leave it here for now xD

Right! Stuff....
I sort of wrote this thing for English and i sort of based it on this in a way tee hee, but i made it so it wasn't too unsuitable for school and stuff. A link for that is here

Oh and I'm reading this story and they made like a poll thing, and i got bored so i decided to do one too hehe So I'd love it if you went on it or something. (oh and i doubt I'll use the account i have on that website much...hehe)

Thanks...
Not yet! Lol. Forgot the link for the poll. Its a team Zan/Cole thing because i couldn't think of anything else. Any suggestions? link

Now, thanks to
HeartShapedLocket
HeyxMartini
rossakamfzb
Moosey
Danny Worsnop.
SillySunny
For commenting

(I hope that's the right list xD) I don't have time to check...

That's all i have to say this time...I think.