Sequel: Next Level
Status: Completed :) Wow....

Have We Gone Too Far?

Chapter 84 (Zacky's Point of View)

Slowly I opened my eyes, but as soon as I did I regretted it. There was so much blood. He was on the floor now, Mr. Baker that is, lying in a pool of his own blood. Even though there have been many days where I’ve wished him dead, actually seeing it makes me sick to my stomach.

What even happened? He was the one holding the gun, I doubt he’d be inexperienced enough to not know which way to face the thing.

It wasn't until I realized that, that I noticed Zander in the doorway, holding a gun firmly in his hands, it was still pointing at Mr. Baker now. Zan shot him. Oh my God.

I couldn’t move my eyes from his most likely dead body. The bullet had gone right through his head and I mean right through onto the other side. Wait a sec. On the other side of Baker was Cole...

My heart started racing as I slowly averted my eyes from him and placed them on Cole. I could see the pain edged into his face as he gripped onto his shoulder. I just looked at him, knowing that he was hit. Even though he still had his blazer on, I could see blood socking into his white shirt. Lots of blood.

“You little brat!” I heard after a few minutes as Derek turned to look at Zander.

After the sound of the bullet that penetrated through both Mr. Baker and Cole, we’d all stopped what we were doing. John and Derek even stopped fighting to see what had happened. I suppose it’s only now sinking in for them. Zander fired the bullet. Both Cole and Mr. Baker were hit. Wow.

I didn't know what I was meant to do. Do I go to Cole? To Zander? Or do I stay right here where I am now? In my head none of those choices feels right. They all have some form of consequence with them.

“What the hell have you done?!” Derek shouted, jumping up to his feet and running his hands through his hair.

For some reason the whole situation, although it’s so surreal, is starting to feel slightly better in some ways. I mean, one less person to worry about, looking on the bright side. Plus, Derek seems slightly human right now....In some ways. He isn't going over and checking on Mr. Baker like I expected he’d do, but he isn't lashing out either. He’s just standing there, most likely trying to work out what to do next. At least he’s thinking about his actions. If he wasn't doing that, I have a feeling that this would all end very badly for us.

Zander’s hands were shaking now. I can’t work out why he’d be the one to do it. He doesn’t really have a motive and to be honest, I didn't think he’d have to guts to shoot someone.

He opened his mouth slightly and I thought he was going to say something but in the end nothing came out.

“W-what happened?” John asked, realizing that it was safe for him to stand up again now. “Cole,” he gasped when he looked beyond Mr. Baker’s body, and then made his way over to him.

“I-I’m fine,” he stuttered, straining his voice though. I could tell he was in pain, I mean, who wouldn't be after having a bullet through them?

“Call an ambulance!” John shouted over to no one in particular.

I was scared and didn't really want to move, but I took it as my responsibility to get help, so I risked getting up and tried to get out of the room. I felt my dad trying to pull me back but I just about pushed him off me.

I didn't run. I walked. I wasn't ready to move that quickly yet and I doubt that sudden movements would be good for me, even if it’s only Zander with a gun in his hands right now.

“You ain’t calling anyone!” Derek shouted, sounding really panicked as it sunk in that I was going for a phone.

I froze, but for some reason he didn't scare me right then. He sounded too scared himself to be truly intimidating at the moment.

“No one move,” he shouted after another pause.

“It’s over Derek,” I heard John say softly to him.

“Shut up!” he yelled this time, stressing out now.

John was right, we’re all still stuck in this situation, but now they’ve lost their leader, my dad doesn’t seem to be on their side either now and Cole’s been hit, which is pretty much what Mr. Baker wanted. Derek is just like a lost sheep right now. He doesn’t know what to do. There’s nothing more he can do; he’s even lost his bloody weapon.

“Give it up Dee,” I heard my dad tell him as he slowly got up to his feet.

“I SAID DON'T MOVE!” He snapped, startling my dad as well as the rest of us.

If he wasn't insane before, he definitely was now. Stable people don’t snap like that.

“Shut up,” he hissed although no one was talking anymore.

Derek was stood in the middle of the room, Zan was in the doorway still, dad was against the wall where he was earlier and Cole and John are opposite him. I'm pretty much in between Zan and Derek right now.

“No one’s getting help,” he said as soon as he thought he’d had enough quiet time to think in.

“He needs help,” John said firmly.

“Tough...”

“No, it’s not tough because he is getting help,” John said, getting up to his feet. I wouldn't have the courage to do that, but John has always been brave and I guess he no longer sees Derek as much of a threat. He’s unarmed and not thinking straight; this is the weakest we’re ever likely to get him. “Don't you even care about Frank? I thought he was your friend. If we don’t get an ambulance down here, he’s going to die. Do you really want that on your hands?”

“It isn't,” he insisted. “He’s ya killer,” he snarled looking over at Zan who still hadn’t moved from where he was standing.

When Derek turned back to face John again I quietly made my way over to Zander’s side. He’s in complete shock. I bet the kid’s so scared right now. He doesn’t have the guts to kill someone, I know that. But now that he might’ve, he’s going to have to live like this.

I went to touch him but he flinched away from me. Instead of trying to make contact with him again, I just stood beside him, knowing that he at least needs to know that someone’s there.

“Open your eyes!” John shouted, moving slightly closer. “This whole thing is because of you following that mad man,” he said, gesturing over to Mr. Baker. “Sure, what my brother did was wrong, but this...This is just psychotic! I get that he’s the type of guy to hold a grudge, but come on Derek....Why are you even here?” he asked. “You don’t even know Cole. You didn't need to be involved, but now you are. And that man there, your friend, he’s dying. You’re the one with the guns, right? Without them, he’d be fine right now.”

Some of the points John raised I completely agreed with. I mean, it is them that are most in the wrong. Cole may have been the reason why they did it, but does what he did really excuse all of this? Everything that they’ve put us through? Was it seriously worth it?

“What exactly do you want me to do?” Derek sighed, walking towards John.

“You weren’t here,” John said with a look of regret on his face. “You leave right now, and we forget you existed. We call for an ambulance, and they get help.”

“What about that kid?” he asked, looking back at Zander and frowning when he noticed that I’d moved. I quickly dropped my head, not prepared enough to risk having eye contact with him.

“He can’t go down for this,” John whispered. “Why do you care anyway?”

“Because I'm not having you putting the blame on me and sending the cops on me as soon as I make a run.”

John nodded, knowing that he was unlikely to trust his word.

“We could try and say Frank shot Cole then himself,” my dad suggested, but I had a feeling that they’d struggle to believe that.

Wait.

“Yes,” I said out loud, making everyone turn to look at me.

“What?” My dad asked, trying to suppress a small smile because he knew it was inappropriate.

Seeing him again made me feel sick, but at the same time, he’s still my dad, and part of me has missed having that father figure around for me.

“When Derek goes, he could take that gun, the other one only has Baker’s prints on it.”

They all nodded at me. We had our story. We might actually get away with all of this. It’s not like I really want to let Derek get off scot-free, but if that’s what needs to be done to get Cole and Mr. Baker help, and to keep Zan away from jail, I am willing to cooperate with John’s little plan.

“I can’t believe this,” Derek whispered, most likely referring to the fact that we are actually working together right now, or that someone like Zan shot Mr. Baker... To be honest, not one person in this room seems to care though. Only Zan, but that’s because he can’t believe he did it.

For some reason, I don’t feel that bad anymore. There’s a guy dying on the floor and I can see my boyfriend in pain, but part of me feels relieved. For the first time tonight, I know that we’re going to get out of here.

I jumped when I picked out a noise in the distance. One that I really didn't imagine I’d hear tonight after all of this.

Sirens.

Police sirens.

Derek noticed them to and I immediately noticed the panic reappear in his face, at the same time, I saw Zander’s face pale.

“WHAT THE HELL?!” Derek yelled.

“It won’t be coming here,” my dad assured him.

“You better bloody hope not,” Derek said, panicking still.

Derek then got into an argument with my dad and John. He was saying that they’d called when he wasn't looking, but we all knew it was impossible that they could’ve done that. There was no reasoning with people like Derek though. Once they have an opinion, you can’t change it.

“They’re coming here,” I heard Zander whisper.

I knew I was the only one who heard him.

“How?” I asked quietly, getting the message that he didn't want everyone else knowing.

“I c-called them,” he whispered beneath his breath. “I didn't tell them where,” he said, looking up at me with pleading eyes. “I didn't want to get Cole in trouble...”

A small smile spread across my face. I hadn’t even thought about what would happen if the police or the paramedics found us at our teacher’s house. You’d think we would have realized that already really.

“Thanks,” I whispered, knowing that it must’ve been hard for him to choose between help and Cole. If I was in his situation, I have no idea which option I would’ve gone with, even though I am a lot closer to Cole than Zan is.

I waited until the other three were arguing again, sometimes the volume faded so I didn't want to ask him anything then in case they got suspicious or overheard anything.

“How do they know we’re here?” I asked as I heard the sirens getting a lot closer. My mind was saying that they were right outside, but part of me thought I was just being paranoid. Maybe Zan’s wrong.... They don’t know where the call came from, they can’t be here.

“Maybe they tracked the call or something,” he mumbled, like he hadn’t given it that much thought but had quite easily come to that conclusion.

I nodded at him and left it at that. If they were here, they were here. We can’t exactly move somewhere else now, can we?

“You might want to put the gun down,” I whispered to him but he shook his head at me.

You’d think that after doing something like that he’d want to be as far away from the thing as possible, but instead he’s clinging to it, like he doesn’t want to let go.

I looked out of the kitchen and out into the hallway, seeing the door fully opened again made me cringe as I remembered how scared I was when they first came in here, forcing through the door. It was horrible.

My heart then started racing when I saw the red and blue flashing lights appear outside.

Crap crap crap.

“They’re here!” I said in the loudest voice that I could that wouldn't attract attention from outside.

Derek’s face dropped and he quickly pushed John out of his way, eying the backdoor he was planning to use as an exit.

“Get the bloody gun,” dad called after him but he didn't listen.

I stood there and just watched as he darted out of the door. If he was subtle he’d definitely manage to sneak away. What’s going to happen to the rest of us though? He was meant to get rid of the gun. For God’s sake!

John quickly ran his hands through his hair. They were outside right now. In seconds they could be in here. What the hell are we meant to do?

“Give me the gun,” John said quickly. “Zander!” he hissed. “Pass it to me!”

When Zan didn't move John rushed over to us and grabbed it from his hands. As he touched him Zan tensed up again, obviously not liking the body contact.

“What are you doing?” I asked quickly.

He better not be thinking of taking the blame. If he is then he’s a bigger idiot than I thought I was.

John shook his head at me, confirming my thoughts. Idiot!

“Hide it,” I mouthed to him, knowing that we could still use the story we planned if we keep that gun hidden.

My dad must’ve noticed what was going on because he rushed over to John’s side and took the gun from him and hid it down behind one of the cabinets in the kitchen. For now, that’d have to do.

John sent a weak smile to him, just as the police came in. At that point I just stayed sat down in the corner.

I didn't say a word. I left all of the speaking and everything else to John and my dad as we waited for an ambulance to come.

The only part that really sunk in for me, were the two words that one of the officers said. They were two words that I was unsure whether or not were true. It could’ve all been some sick trick... I didn't know if I should be happy or sad. The man checked Mr. Baker’s pulse.

“He’s dead.”

A man’s died today. My best friend became a murderer. We all covered for him. We let one of the guys that caused this get away, and from the way things look, we’ll be keeping dad out of this story as well. All of tonight is going to be blamed on a dead man. Parts of that seem so wrong, but what other choice did we have?

They went too far. We all went too far at some point, but tonight was pushing the limit. Tonight, tonight will be a night I’ll never forget. The start of something...Maybe the end as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my God. I can't believe this is over. I was thinking of doing an epilogue thing but i think I'll just leave it at that instead because I'm pretty happy with it hehe

I actually have tears in my eyes xD It's finished! I'll probably get working on the sequel at the weekend because i won't get much chance before then

Oh and thank you to everyone who's read and subscribed and commented on this, I loves you all and I've actually got to know loads of people through this story and made loads of mibba buddies haha You know who you are! :))

I seriously didn't expect to get anyone reading this when i started. I thought I'd just give up on it too, because i only made the account on here because i wanted to show one of my friends the first 4 chapters of this and her email wasn't working so this was the only way i could show her haha So when i got a comment on it i was shocked xD

Anyone get any suggestions for the sequel? I have some ideas but i thought I'd give you guys a say in it all as well?

Sorry if not all of this is realistic but it's how i imagine things...kinda hehe

Okay
so thanks to
Moosey
HeartShapedLocket
Naoko
nicholas joseph;
rossakamfzb
Deek8400 x2 (new commenter)
For commenting
You guys are awesome! :))

Oh and sorry for the wait with this one
I was on this retreat with school and if i remember right i got distracted before i went and then only bothered writing this tonight haha I think i was putting it off because i didn't want it to end :( But it has now mwhahaha....except for the sequel.

Oh anyone got any questions? I might've forgot to mention some things, some accidentally but some purposely cause i want to use them in the sequel, but point anything out that I've missed if you can think of it :) hehe

BEST BIT!
MR. BAKER IS DEAD
Oh and to anyone who entered my killing mr. baker contest, I'm still waiting on one entry but I'm not too sure if they've been on lately or still want to do it....
But i did get all the marks for everyone and i had a system and everything....but then i tidied my room and lost EVERYTHING! But i don't mind doing it again haha

I have a feeling this author's note will be pretty long. I'd try to make the last one the longest of the story but I'm tired and if i remember right the longest one was REALLY LONG, so i don't think I'll bother trying haha

...I've finished writing this so many times but i keep adding more lol

Like this

Bye!

26 WORDS CHANGED! MY SPELLING IS GETTING EVEN WORSE! Hahaha