I'm Tthe Beast?

The First

Image

“Okay, now look down and away from the lion… that’s it, good.”

I stayed still as the cameras flashed, making sure to keep my arm on the stuffed lion.

“Good, good. Okay, let’s take a break people!”

Immediately retrieving my arm I stand up, “Where’s my water?”

At once people begin to scatter, all looking for the bottle of liquid. Brushing the fake plants from my dress I wait impatiently for my water, growing more irritated with every second that passes by.

Finally some meek little girl rushed forward, bottle in hand, “Here you go Ms. Leon-“

“Finally,” I interrupted, “it took you long enough.”

Guzzling the water I watch as a couple people brush through the fake lion’s mane. I frown, why am I not being attended to before that beast?

“Where is my beauty team?” I question.

I raise my eyebrow when no one moves.

“I said,” I stated louder, “where is my beauty team?”

“I gave them the day off.”

Turning at the deep voice I look at the head photographer. As one of the greatest photographers the world has known, Fernando can get away with just about anything, but denying me of my beauty team?

No one denies Rhoslyn Leon anything.

“Fernando, really. What made you do something like that?”

Fernando glared at me, “Because you are one of the worst models to work with. It’s time you’ve had a little lesson in compassion…”

Wow, Fernando’s getting a uni-brow. Maybe I should stop working with him. It’s really not good for my image to be associated with the ugly people-

“Rhoslyn!”

Blinking at Fernando’s angry voice I snap out of my thoughts, “Hmm?”

“Have you been listening to anything I’ve been saying?”

“Oh, that. No.”

Fernando narrowed his eyes, “Why do I even bother working with you?”

I smiled, “I was just thinking the same thing! I mean, how can I possibly work with someone who can’t pluck their eyebrows?” I sighed, “I guess it’s true when they say ‘great minds think alike.’”

The studio went silent.

“Get out,” Fernando growled

I frowned, “What?”

“Get out!”

Jumping at his loud voice I place a hand above my heart.

“How dare you,” I whisper, “How dare you yell at me?”

“I dare very easily. Now remove yourself from my studio before I have you forced out!”

~*~

“I don’t think this is going to work.”

Fey lord Cornelius, still in the form of the photographer Fernando, looked at his second in command, “We’ll just have to make sure she breaks.”

Both lord and second in command watched as Rhoslyn Leon argued with the taxi driver.

“It’s going to take a lot to break her.”

Cornelius nodded, “But I think I have the right person to do it.”