Guilty Pleasure

Reuniting with the Unknown

I found myself in a cab on my way to Kristin's favorite NYC club, Scene. After the amount of champagne we consumed in the hotel, Kristin got drunk. She was now breathing on the windows of the cab and drawing funny faces in the fog. I rolled my eyes and wondered why I was dating someone with the brain capacity of a three year old. The cab soon came to a halt and I literally had to drag Kristin out of the cab, already starting off the night on the wrong foot.

About fifteen minutes after we got into the club, I finally made my way over to the bar. I needed to forget. I needed to forget how immature Kristin was. I needed to forget that I shouldn't be partying as excessively as I do. I needed to forget that I do stupid things when I'm drunk. I just needed to forget.

As I was about to take a seat at the bar, someone caught my eye.

"Well well well, who do we have here? I had a feeling I was gonna see you tonight" I spoke up, and when the person in front of me turned around, it was exactly who I thought it was.

"What can I say? Believe it or not, I'm really glad you're here" she said, smiling at me weirdly. To be honest, I thought she was going to pour her drink on me, crisis averted.

"You didn't seem like it earlier" I retorted.

"I wasn't in a good mood, sorry if I took it out on you" she said, her voice sugary sweet, which should've made me suspicious, but in the time I saw her, I already had four shots of Bacardi.

"It's okay, I was rude too and I'm uh, I'm sorry" I said, my sincere, moody, drunk side emerging.

"Do you wanna dance?" she asked me. Jackpot.

"Yeah, sure" I said nonchalantly.

Soon, we dominated the floor and she was the only girl in the room. She looked at me and I knew that look on any girl's face. She was going to go for it, and I wasn't going to do a thing to stop it. My stupidity got the
best of me because I forgot who was in the same club, my psychotic girlfriend.

Even though it felt like we just started making out, Kristin had to be a killjoy, as usual. She came over and threw a bitch slap, which was returned with a punch in that pretty little face of hers. It bordered on comedic.

The two girls continued to scream in front of me like I wasn't even there, but soon security was on their way, courtesy of one of Kristin's snobby, dramatic friends.

As I turned to say sorry about Kristin's actions, she ran over to the VIP section, yanked two girls who were the same girls from the Palm Court, and ran out of the club as though she was being chased by a mass murderer.

I decided that I would call her later, but realization soon hit me. Not only did I not have her number, but I didn't even know her name. She was a mystery girl; and there was a chance that I would never see her again.

Five Years Later

After picking up my son and daughter from preschool, I drove past Scene nightclub. I could never forget what happened there five years ago. I still think about mystery girl from time to time. I wonder if she has kids, where she lives, and what her name is. She intrigued me, and she was unforgettable.

Sixteen minutes later, I pulled up in front of my townhouse, which was within walking distance from Central Park. I unlocked the door, and walked into my children's bedrooms, where I laid them down gently so they didn't wake up.

I proceeded to walk down to the kitchen, where I grabbed a bottle of Fiji from my fridge. I pulled the iPhone out of my pocket and dialed the number of the babysitter, Kelsey. Since the Annual Academy Awards were being held in New York City tonight, I needed a babysitter to watch the kids.

After I showered and put on my tuxedo, my front door opened. I turned around to see my wife, Sienna, walk through the door telling me that our driver was here and it was time to go. Kelsey was in the living room, watching MTV, and I told her that we would be home by three. She nodded her head and said she'd call or text if there was an emergency.

I closed and locked the front door and hopped into the black limo that we would arrive in. Sienna grabbed my hand and intertwined it with hers. Soon enough, my door opened, and I escorted Sienna out of the limo.

We posed for pictures on the red carpet and proceeded to walk into the ceremony. It was a good show, I was just sick of going to them all the time.

We ended up going to an after party at a lounge near our house. I texted Kelsey to tell her we were in the neighborhood and to check on the kids. She said they were fine, which relieved any worry I might've had built up inside me.

We walked into the lounge and Sienna immediately left my side to go chat with her group of best friends consisting of Katherine Heigl, Kate Beckinsale, Cate Blanchett, Kirsten Dunst, and Anne Hathaway. I ended up chatting with my good friend and ex-girlfriend Kate Hudson before I walked over to the bar.

I sat on a stool and ordered some Jack. The sound of a stool squeaking next to me announced that I now had some company.

"Fancy seeing you here. It's been a while don't you think?" That confident voice filled my ears, and my eyes bulged out of my skull as I looked to the left and saw who was sitting next to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
James' wife is played by Sienna Miller. Kelsey is played by Alyson Michalka.