Heaven Help Us

So Long and Goodnight

“Scarlet, wake up hunn.” whispered Mikey, nudging me softly, “scarlet, are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah, Mikey, I’m okay.” I said quietly. He reached over and hugged me tightly. “Mikey, what time is it?” I spoke into his t-shirt. It felt damp.

“It’s 11. We didn’t think you should really go to school, so me and Gerard just let you sleep. We don’t need to go to school anyway.” he smiled.

“Aww thanks, where’s Gerard?” I asked.

“He’s downstairs getting some food for us. Is that okay?”

“Yeah that’s fine, Mikey, I’m so glad I have you guys. I don’t know what could have happened me last night if I had went home.” I said starting to cry again

“Aww hunn, please don’t cry, everything will be fine, you can stay here, you’ll be safe I promise.” said Mikey, still holding me tightly. I buried my head deeper into his chest.

“I’m sorry your tops all wet.” I apologised.

“Its okay. I have plenty of tops.” he smiled

“While your mom mind if I stay?” I asked quietly.

“Yeah, everything has been sorted, we told our mom that you were having bother and needed a place to say. that’s all we told her, we knew you didn’t want anyone knowing. Is that okay?”

“Thanks so much.” I said hugging him tightly.

A couple of minutes later Gerard came in with a tray of food.

“Good morning you too.” he said smiling, “you feeling any better scarlet?” he asked with a bit more concern.

I just nodded and smiled slightly. He set the tray down on the dresser and gave me a big hug. He handed me a plate with pancakes and syrup. He drew a heart on them. It was so cute. I just smiled at him and he giggled. I was completely awed by them, I just grabbed him and thanked him for everything. I was really hungry, and the three of us sat on the floor eating our pancakes. Gerard didn’t do a bad job at all.

“So scarlet, are you going to stay here for a while?” Gerard asked shyly.

“I’d really appreciate that, I just don’t want to be a burden.” I said staring at the floor.

“Awk, scarlet, you would never be a burden, I mean it.” replied Mikey.

“Do you want use to take you and get some of your stuff?” asked Gerard

“Well, my dad wont be home till 6. So we could go before that. I hope you guys don’t mind.?”

“Of course we don’t hunn. We’d do anything to help you..” said Gerard hugging me. “we’ll go as soon as we are ready, just to make sure he doesn’t come home early.” he said concerning.

“Do you need to borrow any clothes?” asked Mikey.

“Um, yeah, if you don’t mind.” I replied looking at my feet.

“Of course I don’t hunn.” he smiled.

For the next while we just lay in Gerard’s room and listened to music. Gerard also showed me some of his art and read me some of the lyrics he wrote. The three of us just lay on the bed silently. Gerard started to quietly sing. It seem that he was making up the lyrics as he went along, it was beautiful. His voice was so strong but amazingly soothing. I looked over to Mikey, he was lying at the bottom of the bed sleeping. He looked so calm, I watched his chest rise up and down as he breathed. After a while I was sleeping too, but suddenly woke by a loud bang. Me and Gerard bolted up and looked around the room, only to find Mikey struggling to get back onto the bed, he was still half sleeping and finding it difficult to et up so Gerard went to the rescue.

After Mikey finally got back up Gerard suggested that we headed over to my place to get my stuff before it was to late. I helped a sleeping Mikey off the bed and we all headed out to Gerard’s car, hand in hand as usual.

It only took around 5 minutes to get to my house. We all got out and slowly approached the house. ‘His’ car wasn’t there so we felt a bit more at ease when we got inside. Gerard had brought some black bags to put my stuff in. Mikey and Gerard went and got some clothes. I got my makeup, diary, a few teddies and random shit I get comfort from. I also grabbed my cds and DVD’s. we left quickly after, scared in case ‘he’ would arrive home. On the way back we stopped at the shops and got some food and headed on home.

When we got back we watched television for a while. Then Donna arrived back. She came rushing over to me an hugged the breathe out of me. She said I could stay for as long as I needed and that she ad the boys would always be there for me. She walked on off into the kitchen. Mikey sat with his arm around my neck and Gerard lay my head on his shoulder. We watched television of about an hour, just random cartoons and some music videos on fuse.

Donna soon announced that dinner was ready, so we all went in and sat around the dinner table. She made a lovely chicken casserole dish and gave us ice cream after to cheer us up. Mikey was defiantly overjoyed by the ice-cream and all we could do was laugh as he cleared his bowl within seconds. He’s so enthusiastic to stuff he loves. When we had all finished I thanked Donna for the dinner,

“Not a problem pet, all I want to do is make you feel at home.” she said.

I smiled and Mikey came and lifted me and carried me upstairs.

We all went to Gerard and Mikey’s room and plonked down on the bed.

“Gee, can we watch a scary movie?” whined Mikey.

“Yeah sure, is that okay with you?” he asked me.

“Yeah, I don’t mind.” I simply replied.

“I wanna watch Scream!” Mikey shrieked.

“Okie dokes.” giggled Gerard switching on the TV and poking for the DVD.

We all huddled up under the quilt and me and Mikey hid behind one of the pillows while Gerard sat with his arms wrapped around me. Mikey was hell scared and clung onto me for dear life at every scary part in the film. I felt so bad for him so I gave him my jumper so he could cover his eyes at a scary part. I was cold, but Gerard gave me a blanket and wrapped it round me to keep me warm. At one of the scariest parts, Mikey buried his head under the covers. He was nearly crying s I hid under the covers with him. Gerard soon switched it off when he realized Mikey was so scared. After he joined us under the quilt. We just lay and talked about random stuff and Gerard told me about the hazrardess things Mikey had done when he was younger. After a laughing session we were all really tired, Mikey had passed out after about 5 minutes after Gerard had switched of the TV.

Me and Gerard cuddled up and he sang to me softly until I dosed of to sleep. The last thing he said was goodnight sweetie. He kissed my forehead and we both fell asleep in each others arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of an in between chapter
spending alot of time writing the next few