The Dark Side of the Moon

This Was Not Right

(Jasper’s Point of View)

When my siblings and I arrived back at our house after school we were surprised to find that Carlisle and Esme were not home. “Is Carlisle still at work?” Alice asked, though she would know better than any of us. “That’s possible, but where’s Esme?” Edward replied. “You guys are overreacting.” Emmett added. It was Edward who responded again. “That may be, but with these new vampires in town I’d feel more comfortable knowing where they were.” I shot him a dirty look. Anabelle and her family had been nothing but kind so far. They would never hurt Carlisle or Esme. “I know Jazz. I just want to be sure.” I almost forgot that he could read my mind. “Alice?” I growled. That was her cue to start looking for our two missing parents in her visions.

After a few moments of watching Alice’s blank face I began to get extremely impatient. It seemed like an eternity before she snapped back to reality, and there was no doubt that the look on her face was worried. “What did you see?” My voice was close to yelling. I had never yelled at Alice before, but this was about Anabelle. I couldn’t let my siblings blame her for Carlisle and Esme’s disappearance. What was happening to me? She looked up at me, eyes wide. I felt guilty for overreacting, but I wouldn’t be able to calm down until we found our parents, and cleared the Giordanos’ name.

“What did you see?” Rosalie echoed. She was becoming impatient too. “Carlisle…” stuttered Alice, “He was alone with another vampire. It was dark. I could be wrong but they both looked upset.” That was all Edward needed. All of my siblings sprung into action. Edward looked around at us all. “Rosalie and Alice stay here in case they come home, and Alice keep looking. Emmett and Jasper go get in the car, I’ll call the school and get the Giordanos’ address.” We did as we were told, and I was more then glad that Edward hadn’t tried to convince me to stay home, because I wouldn’t have.

Soon we were on our way to Anabelle’s house. It was only a short drive from our own. I was nervous, clenching and unclenching my fists. What would I do if Carlisle and Esme were in trouble? Would I be able to attack Ana? Maybe if I smelled her blood again, I thought grimly. It was a humorless joke.

We arrived at our destination quickly, and all three of us emptied out of the car at an incredible speed. I reached the door first, and knocked loudly. “So polite.” Emmett scoffed. We didn’t have to wait long before the door opened. It was remarkable that even in this situation I still smiled when I noticed it was Anabelle who answered. It faded quickly however when I saw her furious expression. “What are you doing here?” She yelled. Although all three of us were taken aback Edward still managed to speak. “Where is our mother and father?” Her mouth hung open. “Is that what this is about? My god, what did you think we did, kidnap them?” Her words stung me. “Come on, relax Ana, we were just worried.” Emmett said. She glared at all of us, her eyes lingering on my face. She walked back inside, and we took that as our cue to follow.

(Ana’s Point of View)
I was fuming. My face was hot with rage. How could he think I would hurt his family? Emmett and Edward were one thing, but would Jasper honestly think I would stoop so low? I stopped my furious thoughts for a moment. Why would he not? I have only known him for two days. Why would I think that we had some close relationship? I barely knew the boy after all! I took a deep breath trying to clear my head of any remaining anger, but it was pointless because it had already been replaced with sadness.

I led the three brothers upstairs to Cyrus’s office. I knocked lightly, turning around to continue glaring at the Cullen boys until the door opened. “Yes?” Cyrus had answered the door, and I saw a flash of familiarity flash in the boys’ eyes. I understood. When I had met their father Carlisle a little while ago he had immediately reminded me of Cyrus. Edward emitted a low feral growl. “That’s the one from Alice’s vision. Where’s Carlisle?” My body reacted simultaneously as I listened to him. I crouched low in front of Cyrus, my eyes locked on Edward’s face. I knew he did not stand a chance. How dare he growl at my father?

“Calm down Anabelle.” Cyrus’s words did not make me move from my position. “Boys?” a voice called from within. I watched as Jasper peered over Cyrus’s shoulder. It hurt to know that he felt the need to check. “He’s right there Edward, knock it off.” I moved aside only when Cyrus had retreated back into the room, and then I let the rest of them in. “Of course I am right here.” Carlisle’s voice sounded disappointed. I took no small amount of gratification out of that. “Really boys how could you be so rude?” They looked at him apologetically. “We’re sorry Carlisle, we were just concerned.” Edward murmured. “Yes, we beg your pardon Mr. Giordano.” Jasper added. He was so polite. If I was not still furious I would have smiled.

Cyrus laughed. “Please call me Cyrus. Besides, my last name is actually Kresmira, but do not worry about that. Perhaps it is a story for another time. It is nice to finally meet you all, even under such unusual circumstances. Carlisle was just telling me all about you. There are two more correct?” “Yes,” Jasper said, “Rosalie and Alice, our sisters.” It made me happy to see them talking, but only for a moment. I knew this was not right. It was not right for me to care.

My brothers came rushing into the room, quicker then any animal. They stopped when they saw the visitors. “Hey Cullens! What’s up?” Avis eagerly welcomed them all. I was surprised by the warmth my brothers showed the visiting vampire boys. Cyrus stood up from his desk. “Ah, boys, perhaps you would show our guests around.” They nodded eagerly. “Hey Emmett, you want to have a go at a wrestling match?” Avis and Malcolm said the words together. They had a habit of doing that. Even I knew their invitation was one that Emmett could not resist. Edward grinned. “Tag team?” He asked, and they were gone.

Jasper and I looked at each other. I sighed. “Would you like to go for a walk?”
♠ ♠ ♠
That was fun to write! Interested to see where this goes? Well keep reading please! It is only going to get better :) Comments are greatly appreciated!