Everyone Loves an Underdog!

Chapter Two; "I Need More Friends With Wings."

‘I love French. I love French. I love French.’ Taylor kept thinking to herself as she sat in the back of her French classroom.
“What? Taylor, I thought you hated French.”
Taylor shook her head, and looked over at her friend Rosalinda, who had said that. “Oh, I hate the subject, yes.”
“Then why are you saying you love it?” Rosalinda, also known as ‘Red’, asked, confused.
“Oh, no reason.” Taylor said, turning her attention to the front. Well, to the head in front of her.
She loved French because it was the class where she got to admire the boy she liked. He sat in front of her, & she just loved to stare at his shaggy dark hair, the pale flash of his neck & the back of his black hoodie.
Red saw what she was doing, and smirked. Twenty seconds later, a note landed on Taylor’s desk.

So, that Saller kid, huh? What’s his first name again?

BRANDON. SO YEAH.


Red read Taylor’s reply, & smiled. She shook her head slightly, & went back to her worksheet.
Taylor, mouth slightly open, stared at the heartgram on the hood of Brandon’s hoodie. She quickly averted her eyes when he turned in his seat.
“Hey,” He said softly. “Can I borrow a pen?”
She smiled weakly, & handed her pen to him.
“Thanks.” He smiled, & turned back around.
Unfortunately, as Taylor learned a moment later, that had been her only pen. “Fuck.” She muttered. “Red, you got a pen?”
Without looking up, Red handed Taylor a black pen.
“Thanks.” Taylor said, & began scribbling down answers to the questions on the worksheet.
Soon, the bell rang, & Taylor was relived to remember it was her lunch period, which she had with Chrissy. Brandon had it too, not like that mattered. Its not like he was going to talk to her or something.
She went to the cafeteria, & bought herself an apple, like usual. She went upstairs to sit in the drama classroom, & waited for Chrissy to join her.
Chrissy came in about five minutes after Taylor had, obviously slightly mad.
“Hey, Chrissypet, what’s up?” Taylor asked, knowing very well what Chrissy was going to say.
“Andy cancelled on me. His Dad is making him clean the garage.” Chrissy said, biting into a ham & cheese sandwich.
“Awe, that’s too bad.” Taylor said, faking sympathy. “Well, you can come watch movies with us now.”
“Yeah, I guess.” Chrissy said. “What time?”
“Be at my place at eight.” Taylor said, & they began talking about other things.
“So, that Brandon Saller, huh?” Chrissy asked after a silence.
There was another one, into which Taylor said: “What about him?”
“You like him?”
“A little. Hey, at least he’s not one of my best friends brothers!” Taylor said, referring, of course, to Andy & Tahnee.
“Owwie! That stung!” Chrissy said, laughing.
They both were laughing so loudly they didn’t hear the bell ring, & were kicked out by grade 12 drama students ten minutes later.