Status: Complete!

Nothing in This World Can Compare to You

New

As what seems to be my routine now, I arrived at Dylan and Geoff’s apartment at 6pm, just as they were getting back from work. It’s been two weeks since Josh and Geoff returned with the horrifying news that Nate’s back on drugs again. My heart broke when Geoff made that announcement – we all know what happened to Geoff, and Nate’s returned to that lifestyle because of what went on between us? I still care about him, after all. Dylan opened the door with a grimace. Ah. Josh must still be here. Apparently Josh is staying in San Marino for a little longer than planned – he’s temporarily working in a different branch of Element.

“Josh is grinning. I don’t like it,” Dylan muttered in my ear.

I sighed and pushed up the sleeves of my red plaid shirt as I walked into the living room. Indeed, Josh was grinning, and even Geoff looked fairly happy. Hopefully it’s because Josh’s bags are packed by his feet.

“I was waiting for your pretty little self to show up,” Josh mused to me as I sat down.

“Go on then,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“I’m going back to Montreal, because Nate has been let out of rehab early,” Josh announced.

W-What?

“What the fuck?” Dylan scoffed.

“He’s progressing quicker than they thought. Especially since…”

“Josh, no,” Geoff interrupted.

Josh snorted, rolling his eyes as his little brother.

“Since what?” I asked hesitantly.

“See Geoff? Ashley is interested,” Josh mocked.

“Fine,” Geoff grumbled, averting his eyes from me.

But Josh stared right at me.

“Nate found someone that helped him get out of his drug depression. A great girl called Louise who went to rehab for cocaine addiction. And they’re moving into Louise’s apartment today,” Josh said proudly.

Tears stung at my eyes, so I looked down at my feet. I-I should’ve known Nate would move on sooner or later. And at least it’s with someone that understands his problems. And at least it’s a woman – I wouldn’t be able to cope with him being with another male.

“You fucking asshole – you encouraged Nate to find someone else, didn’t you?” Dylan growled.

Dylan, just leave it. Please just leave it!

“Of course I fucking did. You’ve been doing the same to Ashley, haven’t you?” Josh retorted.

Uh, maybe? It’s not like I actually have though!

“Can you just leave?” I mumbled.

“With pleasure, now that Nate can live the life he was supposed to. One without you plaguing his thoughts,” Josh said simply.

A whimper escaped from my lips, to which Josh just snickered at as he left the apartment. Geoff sighed.

“I’m sorry about Josh. He’s not usually like this. He snapped when he found out about Nate using drugs because he nearly lost me to drugs, so he’ll do anything to make sure Nate stays clean, even if it means hurting other people in the process,” Geoff said softly.

“Doesn’t mean he has to be so mean though!” I choked.

“I know,” Geoff mumbled. But he didn’t say anything else.

“Aren’t you meant to be meeting up with Dan tonight?” Dylan asked, trying to change the subject.

“O-Oh yeah,” I sniffed.

“Well there’s someone you can go to, to get over Nate,” Dylan said, his lips curling into a smirk.

“Aw shit,” Geoff groaned.

*

“I think I’ve had too much to drink,” Dan snorted, stumbling out of the cab.

I just burst into giggles, holding onto his arm as I let him drag me out of the cab too. We’d ended up going to a few bars, a few drinks turning into a few dozen. So we’re both completely trashed.

“N-No, I have,” I eventually slurred.

Dan just grinned at me and looped his arm round my waist as we walked up to the door of his studio apartment. I leant into his chest, deeply inhaling the scent of his musky cologne. Mm, this smells good. I wonder what he uses? Whatever it is, it really suits him. Really suits him…

“Earth to Ash?” Dan mused.

I snapped my head up, blushing lightly as I realized we were already inside.

“I got sidetracked,” I mumbled, ducking my head.

“What by?” Dan chuckled, kicking his shoes off.

“You smell good,” I giggled.

Dan looked shocked for a second, before laughing.

“Now I know you’ve drunk too much. Let’s go sit down,” Dan teased, holding out his hand.

I kicked off my shoes and slipped my hand into my Scottish friend’s.Wow, his hand is warm. I let Dan lead me into his living room/dining room, but as I tried to sit down next to him, I stumbled and fell into his lap. We both froze, faces inches away from each other, knowing we should move but not really wanting too.

Well there’s someone you can go to, to get over Nate.

I inhaled sharply as Dylan’s voice rang through my head. It wouldn’t be wrong if anything happened between me and Dan, right? I mean, we’re both single, he’s very good looking, and we know each other fairly well…

“Ash,” He murmured, his dark blue eyes searching mine.

I swallowed heavily, before leaning my head up and pressing my lips firmly to his. I kissed him slowly, trying to encourage a response from his frozen-in-shock lips, and after a second or two he started replying, moving his lips in a fluent sync with mine. Following the swirling desire in my head, I turned my torso to face him and threaded my fingers through his messy hair, breathing his scent in through my nose. He really does smell good. I smiled as Dan’s large hands ran over my body, taking in every inch before resting on my ass, squeezing gently as his tongue begged entry at my lips. And of course I obliged. Familiar heat ran through my veins as our tongues danced, causing me to moan into his mouth, making him smile against my lips. Without hesitation I took one hand out of my hair and started to push up Dan’s t-shirt. This was when he broke our embrace, one hand on my chest to create a bit of distance.

“We shouldn’t be doing this. This is just the alcohol talking,” Dan protested, although his eyes were filled with lust.

“So what if it is?” I asked, my fingers running along the hemline of his jeans.

Dan’s breath hitched in his throat.

“You still love Nate,” Dan said softly.

A pang of hurt stung through my drunken haze, but I ignored it.

“I don’t care about him. I care about you. I want you, Dan,” I insisted.

And with that, I lowered my head to his throat, kissing and nibbling at his skin, smiling at the moans that spilled from his lips. Eventually Dan made a strangled noise of what I assumed was defeat, and scooped me up in his arms, carrying me down a hallway to his small bedroom. He kicked the door shut behind us and laid me down on his bed, switching on a bedside lamp to bathe us in a soft light.

“Are you sure you want this?” Dan asked, his face hovering over mine.

I raised an eyebrow and quickly slid my hand down the front of his boxers, wrapping around his length. Dan groaned loudly and hardened in my grip, making me grin.

“How’s that for an answer?” I retorted.
♠ ♠ ♠
a reminder of Dan (yum!)

Oh Ash...using Dan? Tut tut.
This is only the START of Ash going off the rails =]
Y'all wil meet Nate's new girl soon!

Comments?
xo