Status: Complete!

Nothing in This World Can Compare to You

Plans

[Nate]

Today is Ash’s first day off in a long time, so he’s fast asleep now at 11am. I’ve got a lesson at 12.30 so I’m trying to get out of bed without waking him. So far so good, as I have both my legs out of the covers. Now, if I can just slide my arm from around his shoulders...

Aww shit, Ash whined and rolled over further up my arm.

“Where are you going?” he mumbled with his eyes shut.

“I’ve got a lesson at half 12 babe, I need to start getting ready,” I chuckled.

“I don’t want you to go,” Ash pouted.

Damn him. He knows I can’t resist his pout. With a playful sigh, I leant my head down and pressed my lips to his, silencing his complaints. I relax a little as he smiled into the kiss, sliding my hand round to the back of his head. Things have been a little tense between us recently, but its times like these that reassure me everything’s going to be alright. I broke away after a few seconds, resting my forehead against his.

“What time are you going to the studio?” I murmured, pecking the end of his nose.

“Uh, 1 I think,” Ash replied, finally opening his eyes.

“You got two hours then,” I smiled, standing up properly.

I adjusted my pyjamas pants around my waist, scratching my bare chest as I pulled a pair of clean boxers out of my drawer.

“What time do you finish today?” Ash asked softly, his eyes following my figure as I walked to the door.

“About 4, but then I gotta clean up and sort out finances, so I’ll be home about 5,” I explained.

“Alright, I’ll probably hang at the shop with Dylan, Geoff, Jared, Helena and Shelley then,” Ash shrugged.

“Nuh uh, it’s Helena’s day off,” I pointed out.

“How do you know that?” Ash asked, confused.

“Because I’m going to ravage her in my lunch break,” I said sarcastically.

Ash’s eyes flashed with hurt, and I rolled my eyes, forgetting how insecure Ash was. I know he worries about me being bisexual and not homosexual, I’m not an idiot. I just wish he’d have more faith in me. So I sat down on the bed and ran my hand down his cheek.

“Baby, I was being sarcastic. Geoff told me that Helena wouldn’t be in when I told him you were going to lunch with Dylan. The only being that I want to ravage is you,” I said simply.

Ash blushed deeply, making me chuckle.

“O-Okay,” he squeaked.

I grinned at his cuteness and pecked a kiss to his lips, before standing up again.

“I’ll pick us up some Chinese takeaway on my way home, okay?” I said softly.

“Sounds great,” Ash smiled.

I winked at him and left our bedroom, heading for the bathroom. Sometimes I wish he would just trust me.

*

[Ash]

It was now half 1, and Dylan and I had just arrived back at the shop after going out for lunch. I’m just glad I’ve been able to stay so close to at least one of my best friends since we graduated. I mean, I still talk to Misty every couple of days, but she’s got her own family to prioritise. And Oscar’s travelling the country, barely making a pit stop here every couple of months. But Dylan’s my rock. I don’t know what I’d do without him.

“Hey Ash!” Shelley called excitedly.

“Hey Shells,” I laughed, waving.

Shelley was the receptionist when I had my ‘Rise Above’ rib tattoo done, but now she’s training to be a tattoo artist. Her brown hair is now in dreadlocks, and she always has them in crazy high bunches. She’s awesome, and always happy. Geoff and Jared walked out from the backroom to see what all the fuss was about.

“I should’ve known Shell would be excited about you being here,” Jared chuckled.

“Well it isn’t often that Nate lets him out of sight,” Geoff taunted.

I blushed lightly, making them all laugh. Whenever I had a day off and Nate wasn’t home, I hung out here. All the people here at Ink Academy were friends of mine, like a backwards little family, so I guess I’m used to the teasing.

“Your sleeves have healed up nicely,” Jared commented, throwing his gloves in the bin.

“Thanks,” I grinned, admiring the half sleeve tattoos on both arms.

“How many have you got now?” Shelley asked.

“Uh, the half sleeves, the tribal chest piece, the script on my ribs and the hearts on my wrists,” I listed.

“All you need now is a back piece and you’re filled!” Dylan teased, nudging me with his hip.

“Well...”

They all groaned playfully, making me laugh.

“I don’t want a back piece, but I was considering something on the back of my neck. For my dad,” I explained.

“Shit, it’s ten years next month isn’t it?” Dylan sighed.

“Yeah, I want to dedicate something to him,” I nodded.

Jared, Shelley and Geoff all looked confused. So I took a deep breath.

“My dad died in a car crash ten years ago,” I said shortly.

“Damn,” Geoff winced.

“What were you thinking of getting?” Jared asked curiously.

“Maybe his name, and then a memorial phrase underneath. I haven’t been able to think about it much with all the stress at work,” I shrugged.

“Well as soon as you decide what you want, let us know and we’ll book you in straight away,” Jared said kindly.

“Thanks,” I said gratefully.

“On a brighter note, it’s my turn for a Starbucks run – who wants what?” Shelley asked cheerfully.

“I’ll have a double shot Latte,” Jared smiled.

“Decaf Cappucino,”

Geoff.

“Single shot skinny latte,”

Dylan.

“Mocha,”

Me. Shelley repeated that to herself before nodding and walking out of the studio.

“Well I’ve got a client coming in ten minutes, so I’m going to set up my station,” Jared announced.

When he walked away, Geoff turned to me, a serious look in his eyes.

“What’s going on between you and Nate?” Geoff asked softly.

“What do you mean?” I panicked.

“Chill, Ash, I was just wondering because Nate sounded stressed when I talked to him the other day,” Geoff explained.

I sighed and ran my hand through my messy blonde hair.

“I don’t know, things have just been tense lately. At least, it feels that way to me. Because my mom’s summer collection has its deadline coming soon, I’m working ridiculous hours to shoot and reshoot all the designs, so I’m always home late. And then when I do get a day off, Nate’s working. I don’t know. We just haven’t been spending a lot of time together recently,” I said sadly.

“Everything will work out, Ash. It’s just stress from work. Once the deadline has passed, I’m sure everything will go back to the way it was,” Dylan reassured me.

“I hope so,” I said, doubtful.

“I know so. And if it comes to it, I’ll kick Nate’s ass into gear,” Dylan shrugged.

“You’ll have to get through me first,” Geoff growled playfully.

“Bring it, foreigner,” Dylan retorted, sticking his tongue.

The three of us burst into laughter, only being interrupted when the door opened and Jared’s client walked in, closely followed by Shelley. As I sipped on my mocha, all I can hope is that Dylan is right. I can’t lose Nate. I just can’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dylan Rose
Geoff Lawson
Jared
Shelley

I hope that Dylan is right too!
This was a bit of a nicer one for Nate and Ash - at least they were getting along =]
Although Ash's lack of trust is worrying...

Thank you for all your comments!! Keep 'em coming!
xo

p.s. Okay, I've got a new story starting on Monday, called Drive Fast Until We Crash. It's an All Time Low Slash, Jack Barakat and Alex Gaskarth, so if you're interested, check it out!