Status: Complete!

Nothing in This World Can Compare to You

Eat

One week later, and Sam and I still haven’t met Damon. Mom hasn’t tried to pressure us into doing so, which is probably better I think. That way we don’t have to be forced into attempting to get along with the guy that’s fucking our mom. Shit, I still don’t like that. Don’t think I ever will! Anyway, a week later, and I’m working late in the studio to develop some prints for advertising mom’s Christmas catwalk show, which is in exactly a month’s time. Drama, drama, drama! Everyone’s gone home, including mom, so when I heard footsteps coming down the corridor I was confused. What the fuck?

“Uh, hey Ashley,”

I lifted my head in annoyance, raising an eyebrow when I saw Damon standing in my office doorway. What the hell is he doing here?

“Uh, I guess you’re wondering what I’m doing here,” Damon said nervously.

“Yeah, pretty much,” I shrugged, standing up and walking round to the front of my desk.

I folded my arms over my chest while I stared at my mom’s boyfriend, enjoying how he looked uncomfortable under my glare. What? I’ve never been able to make anyone feel nervous in my entire life – it’s quite fun!

“What do you want, Damon? I have work to do,” I said simply.

“I just wanted to tell you that my intentions with your mother are pure. I really like her and I want our relationship to work,” Damon said seriously.

I couldn’t help but giggle, making him confused.

“Sorry, it’s just that I never thought I’d hear someone talk about my mom like that,” I admitted, smiling lightly.

“I’m not trying to replace your dad, Ashley. I could never do that,” Damon replied.

“Good, ‘cause you would never be able to,” I muttered, my mood shifting.

An awkward silence filled the room. I chewed my bottom lip, knowing that I’d promised Misty to try to get along with Damon, for mom’s sake.

“So where did you meet my mom?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I own a law firm, and just over a year ago we met in Los Angeles. Just literally bumped into each other in a coffee shop. I think your mom had a meeting nearby and I was assisting a friend’s case. 3 months later I was in Seattle visiting family and I saw your mom across the street. It may sound cheesy but I knew right then that meeting her was fate. So I had to go and talk to her. We kept talking and going on dates for months, nothing official because she was worried what you and your brother would think. Last month I just couldn’t wait anymore and asked her to be my girlfriend,” Damon explained, a happy expression on his face.

I hesitated for a few seconds, taking in his words. He really does care about mom, doesn’t he?

“Look, I know you make my mom happy, so I’m going to try not to have a problem with you. But if you hurt her in anyway, I know people that will make your life a living hell,” I warned.

“Duly noted,” Damon nodded, the corner of his lip curling into a smile.

I nodded too, then looked at my watch. Shit, I’ve got to take the photos out of the developing solutions now!

“I can see I’m interrupting your work, so I’ll go now. Thanks for giving me a chance, Ashley,” Damon announced.

“Call me Ash, damn it. You can find your own way out, right?” I smiled, walking past him.

I didn’t wait for an answer and just sped off down the corridor. The sooner I can get these prints done, the sooner I can get home to Nate…

*

“Nate! I’m home!” I called out, shutting the door behind me.

I only had to stay another hour after Damon left to organize and properly store the prints. And they turned out perfect! Score!

“Kitchen!” Nate called back.

I smiled and kicked off my shoes, dumping my rucksack on the floor. I smiled even wider as I realized Nate was only wearing his boxers whilst cooking. Mm I don’t know which I want to eat more!

“Eyes up, baby. Dinner’s nearly ready,” Nate smirked.

I blushed lightly and walked over to him, pecking his lips in a kiss.

“So why were you so late home?” Nate asked, turning back to whatever he was cooking.

“Damon dropped by and completely ruined my flow,” I shrugged, sitting down at the table.

“Damon? Your mom’s boyfriend?” Nate frowned, pulling two plates out of the cupboard.

“Yeah. He came up to state his intentions,” I snorted.

Nate chuckled and plated up our food, before walking over to me with it. Mushroom stir fry – my favorite!

“He came to state his intentions?” Nate mused, handing me a knife and fork.

“Yeah. I laughed and told him I found it funny. Then he said he wasn’t trying to replace my dad and I said good because he’ll never be able to,” I admitted, twirling some noodles.

“Ash, you’re meant to be trying to accept him,” Nate frowned, spearing a mushroom on his fork.

“I know, I know. I asked him how he met mom, and then he told me some long rambling story about how he owns a law firm and they just kept bumping into each other and how it must’ve been fate and all that jazz,” I shrugged.

“So do you like him?” Nate asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Eh, he’s alright. I can see he likes mom, so I’ve got to try, right? Besides, he’s successful and well-off so he won’t be dependent on mom for money, and he’s good looking so they’ll look good together,” I nodded.

“You think he’s good looking?” Nate asked dryly.

I giggled, rolling my eyes. Over-protective fool!

“Not as good looking as you,” I added, shaking my head in amusement.

“Good,” Nate nodded.

We continued to eat in a comfortable silence until we were finished. That’s one thing I love about being back with Nate – just being with him is enough. We don’t need to fill an empty silence. Nate took my empty plate to the sink so I took the chance to go and change into a pair of sweatpants and no shirt. Much comfier. Nate smirked and looked me up and down when I walked back into the kitchen, making me blush. I don’t know how he does it, but even with a glance like that he makes me tingle all over.

“Come here,” he beckoned.

I willingly did so. Nate pulled me against his body, resting his hands on my waist as I rested mine on his chest. Then he frowned. What?

“You’re so fucking skinny,” Nate commented, his warm hands running up and down my waist.

“No I’m not,” I pouted.

“Yeah, you are. Did you not eat properly in Paris?” Nate asked, staring me down.

I chewed my lip, thinking back.

“I…I guess not. No-one did really,” I shrugged.

There’s no point lying to him, is there?

“I can feel your ribs through your skin,” Nate mumbled.

“Is it that bad?” I winced.

“Personally, I prefer not to be holding a skeleton,” Nate replied, smiling a little.

“I-I’m sorry,” I murmured, dropping my gaze to his chest.

I didn’t realize it was that much of a problem. I swallowed heavily as Nate lifted my head up, connecting our eyes again. All Nate held in his eyes was concern.

“Can you promise me that you’ll eat more? You’re skinny enough as it is, baby,” Nate said softly.

I just nodded.

“I didn’t realize I’d gotten that skinny,” I sighed.

“I’m not saying that I love you any less, but I just want you to be healthy. I could snap you in half without even trying,” Nate chuckled.

I giggled and rolled my eyes, leaning up on my tiptoes to press a kiss to his lips. Nate smiled into the sweet embrace, squeezing my waist slightly before pulling away. What?

“America’s Next Top Model is on TV right now,” Nate explained to my confused expression.

I squeaked and pulled out of his arms, running to the living room. I love this show! Nate chuckled and walked in after me, letting me lay my head in his lap as he turned the TV on. This is perfect. Completely and utterly perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just five chapters left now.
I tried to address Ash's reluctance to replace his father figure, and Nate's concern with how little Ash eats.
Don't forget, I am going to start another original slash after I've finished this, so if you're interested please go and check it out!

Comments?
xo