Status: Active again! Yay! :D

Thicker Than Water

Second Heartbeat

My number one hate, ultimatums and my number two hate is my dad. Yet here I was listening to my dad give me an ultimatum. How lovely?

"Andie, Its either the baby and the dumbass fuck that got you pregnant or me?" he yelled in my face. I sat in silence with tears falling slowly down my face. "Don't just sit there dammit!" he said grabbing my shoulders.

"What the fuck do you want me to say, dad?!" I stood up. I couldn't believe he actually thinks that I'd give up the baby, even if I didn't know who that daddy was.

"Why the hell would you do this to me? Andie, all you ever do is fuck up everything! You and your damn 'lets be a hell raiser' attitude! You are the reason your mother left!" He screamed at me. I'd blamed myself for her leaving but she'd always sneak late night calls and secret letters just to make sure I was alright and to tell me she loved me. Though, I loved her I couldn't bring myself to forgive her for leaving me with my dad.

"Dad, back off." I braced myself for his anger that shined in his stone, black eyes. His fist made contact with my jaw and blood flooded into my mouth. Shock took over, freezing every muscle in my body. He rose his fist again and struck the side of my face. The horrible cracking noise of my cheek bone was only thing that made me realize that I needed to get away. I ran for the door before he could even register that I was leaving.

I slammed the door shut and was met with a foggy, moonless night. Tears flowed steadily down my cheeks and soon were joined with cool rain drops.

----------------------------

Drenched, I walked through the doors of a little pub, bumping into a severely tattooed guy.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said rushing off from him before he could say anything back. 'Gah, I'm such a klutz' I thought, shaking my head.

"Hey Andaroo what'll be tonight?" his Irish accent swirled around me, leaving goose bumps on my arms. He took another look at my face. "Or maybe we can sit down and talk?"

"No. I'm good, Marshall. What would you recommend for this lovely night?" I asked tearing up, the pain from my cheek made my head ache and alcohol is what I knew would soothe it but with the current situation I'm in, thats the one of the many things I can't have.

"Good lord Andie, you're hurt. We need to get you to a doctor." He said trying to get a glimpse of my eyes. He's been there every time whether it be a shoulder to lean on or someone to tell me that I'm wrong. I've known Marshall ever since high school. We were inseparable. I knew he loved me, but I didn't feel the same way. I couldn't, it would ruin everything. I've learned that love means nothing to a person that was taught everything but love.

"No. Marshall, I'm fine." I said sitting down on the stool. Marshall leaned over the bar and softly ran his thumb over my injured cheekbone.

"Andie." A frown made its way onto his beautiful face.

"I'm fine. Just get me some water." I turned away from his gaze.

"I know your cheek must hurt, do you want some aspirin or-"

"NO!" I said to quickly.

A confused look crawled over his features. "Okay..? Water it is." He grabbed a bottle of water and walked around the corner. "Well, I'm not going to let you drink alone." he winked, grabbed can of Dr.Pepper and pulled me over to the random couch near the back of the bar. I'd always wondered why anyone would have a couch in a bar, kind of seems pointless. Then again he was Marshall. I mentally shrugged my shoulders and relaxed against him.

"So, what happened this time?" He said with worry filling his dark green eyes.

"I- nothing." I frowned, twisting the lid off the bottle. "Nothing Marsh, he's just drunk again." Putting the bottle to my lips hoping that it would cool the pain radiating from my cheek. The truth was killing me but I didn't want him to know my secret. And for all I knew he could be that daddy. Wouldn't that be a shocker, I laughed to myself.

"He still doesn't have the right t-"

"I don't care!" I yelled, cutting him off. Anger was building its way up and it had a lot of baggage to come with it. My dad hitting me, my mom leaving me, him pressuring me, pregnancy, and how stupid I am, was baring heavier and heavier on my shoulders.

"Okay, okay." His lips pressed against my forehead, "So, do you remember anything about the Friday before last?"

"N-no" I stated looking down at the ground. 'Oh good god, he's the dad.' I mentally slapped myself in the face. As I waited for the news a very tattooed, very beautiful guy caught my eye. His eyes locked with mine and smiling, made his way over to the couch. I knew Marshall was talking but this boy captivated me, taking all of my senses and made sure they were all focused on him.

"....-Pregnant?" He definitely caught my attention with that.

Reluctantly, I pulled my attention from this boy, "What did you just ask me?!"

Marshall looked in my eyes, making them burning with his intensity. He looked away and stood up, "Hey, man. How's it going?" they done the whole 'Imma-guy-so-Im-gonna-hold-your-hand-shoulder-bump-and wrap-my-free-hand-around-your-back-so-it-doesn't-look-like-we-are-actually-hugging' thing. News flash guys, it looks like you're hugging, regardless.

The entire time he and Marshall done their brotherly love his eyes stayed on me. His hazel eyes filled with worry but contradicted it with a spark of excitement. "Hey, Its good to see you two again." He smiled. 'Did he just say you TWO?' For the life of me I couldn't remember who he was, let alone his name.

Seeing the confused look on my face, Marshall interrupted the awkward silence, "So, anyways Andie and I were talking and if you don't mind, Matt can you excuse us?"

"Oh, yeah. No problem I just thought she'd like to see me," He flashed a perfect white smile at me, "Since we haven't been in touch for a couple of weeks."

"Uh..." I stammered out. Thoughts raced through my head as Marshal mumbled words that didn't quite meet my ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
REVISED! and in my opinion i think its a WHOLE lot better than the first,.
Anywhooo... comment and tell me what you think?
Annndddddd soo far who do you guys think the daddy is!?