Status: I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THIS!! I guess life happened and well... Hopefully I'll get back to this one day. And again, SORRY!

Fairy Tail

Chapter Twenty Two

*9 days later in Chicago*

Hayley’s POV

“Jeeeeeeremy!” I whined and wrapped my arms around him from behind.

“What do you want, Hayles?” he asks teasingly while giving me a wide smile.

“Dude, we so need to have a movie night, like right now.” I answer enthusiastically.

“Well, that’s an offer I can’t refuse.”

“Exactly my point.”

“So, what do you have in mind?” he asks with a smirk, while standing up.

“Horror night” I stated and gave him a wide grin, while we walked towards our bus.

“Any victims?”

“Well, our little Farro’s are hiding somewhere, probably in the same place as Ray. Hey Monday are off writing songs or practicing, not really sure. That leaves us the fearsome trio, Vince, Park and Alex.” I said, counting on my fingers to make sure I hadn’t forgotten anyone.

“Sweet.”

I opened the door to our bus, but didn’t have the chance to get inside before I heard a loud scream as someone jumped in front of me. My heart literary skipped a beat and I let out a small shriek. It took a few seconds before I managed to get my nerves in check. In the meantime, Vince was lying on the floor in front of us, laughing with tears in her eyes. Park was next to her, clinging on to a chair as if it was a matter of life and death, while laughing hard. Behind me, I heard Jeremy join them, laughing in amusement. I glared at Vince. She caught my gaze and immediately went silent.

“Oh, you are so dead.” I threatened evilly.

It took less than a second for her to get to her feet, while I tried to grab her arm. I missed and she hurried to the back of the bus, with me following close behind. I reached her after only a few steps, wrestling her to the floor. Unfortunately for me, she was stronger and soon had the advantage.

“Payback time...” She whispered in my ear, before starting to tickle me.

I screamed and laughed, trying to defend myself.

“Help… Jeremy…” I screamed.

“Oh, no Hayles. You’re on your own this time.” Jeremy laughed, while walking past us and taking place in the small couch.

I slapped Vince on her shoulder, making her stop with the tickling and instead burst into laughter while she lied down next to me on the floor.

“God, you’re annoying.” I pointed out as I turned my head to look at her.

“And still, you like me. I wonder who the fool is…” she answered with confidence and laughed.

“It takes one, to know one.” I replied and stuck out my tongue.

For the first time in a very long time, it didn’t feel tense or awkward between us. I didn’t know why and frankly, I didn’t give a damn. I felt good and that’s what mattered.

“Come on ladies, get up from the floor and take place. Movie night, remember?” Park said impatiently, making us both laugh as we got to our feet.

“Where’s Alex?” I asked when it suddenly hit me, looking from Vince to Park.

“She went looking for Zac, to see if he wanted to come along.” Park answered nonchalantly.

“Well, they better get here before this falls under the category of a double date.” Jeremy laughed.

“In that case, I pick Hayley.” Vince almost shouted and put her arm around my waist.

I felt a small blush spread on my face, but choose to ignore it.

“Not tonight, Hayles…” I thought.

“Hey, not fair.” Both Park and Jeremy said disappointed.

“Well, duh… I don’t want to date the two of you.” Vince explained and stuck out her tongue towards them. “Besides, you two make a great couple on your own, right Hayles?”

“Totally” I answered and nodded my head in agreement.

Park and Jeremy looked at each other and then back at us. With a swift move, Park had caught Vince and it was now he who wrestled her to the floor, and with more success than me.

“It looks like someone just stole your date.” Jeremy said and gave me a pout, while Vince let out a shriek.

“It looks like it.”

“I’m here for you.” He continued and patted the seat next to him.

“Hayley…” Vince shouted in despair.

“Sorry Vince, it’s over. I’ve moved on…” I said plainly, while taking place next to Jeremy, cuddling up to him.

“Ouch.” Vince said dramatically and place a hand over her heart.

“Come on, Casanova. It’s film time.” Park said and lifted her off the floor.

She took place next to me, sitting very close. I would lie if I said I didn’t like it. The feeling of her body so close to mine, made me smile widely.

“So, the rules are simple.” Jeremy stated, giving me a small nudge.

“Everyone pick their favourite horror movie. The only requirements are; it has to be a classic and that we have it here.” I filled in.

“Hmm…” Vince said thoughtfully. “Well, then… Chainsaw Massacre it is.”

“It seems we have ourselves a splatter.” Jeremy said and high-fived Vince.

“Well, since I don’t get scared, I’ll settle with blood.” She said with a smirk.

“Don’t get scared, huh?” Park said with a mischievous grin on his face.

“That’s right, and you know it.” She continued proudly.

“The I guess you don’t mind if I chose an old favourite of mine…”

“Okay, what are you up to?”

“Killer Klowns From Outer Space.” He said and gave Vince a wide grin.

“NO!” both Vince and I screamed as we sat up straight.

I turned to look at Vince, who looked back at me with surprise, while both Jeremy and Park laughed.

“Clowns…?” I asked, keeping our eye contact.

“Clowns…” she answered while nodding her head.

“I really don’t see how you can be afraid of them.” Park said tiredly.

Vince turned around and slapped him on his thigh.

“They are evil, Parker. It’s common knowledge… And we are NOT watching that film.”

“Yes we are.” He said and put his hand on Vince’s shoulder. “I promise I’ll protect you from the…clowns....”

“Oh, no you don’t. Hayley does.” She said and grabbed my arm, moving away from Park.

“Hell no!” I said with a frown, releasing my arm from her grip. “I’m not getting eaten by space clowns.”

“Hey guys, you know it’s just a movie right?” Jeremy said with amusement.

“Movie or not, the clowns are not to be trusted.” Vince said with a spooky voice, making us all laugh.

“Vince, I got it. Since the guys obviously won’t be any help, we’ll just sacrifice them while we make a run for it. How’s that?” I said seriously.

“See Park, this is why I love this girl.” Vince said and glared at Park. “She understands me.”

“Well, if the space clowns actually attack, I’ll sacrifice myself willingly, just to get away from you.”

“You know what, Park… Now I’m almost hoping they’ll attack.” Vince stated while giving Park one of her gorgeous smiles.

Jeremy and I just laughed at them, considering the fact we also had that “brother- sister-thing” going on.

“If we forget about the clowns for know…” Jeremy said with an amused smile. “Night of a thousand cats…”

“Oh, that’s a good one.” Park filled in.

“What about you, Hayles?” Jeremy asked.

“Do you really need to ask?” I said, before I started singing. “I don’t want to be buried in a Pet Sematary.”

“I don’t want to live my life again.” Vince filled in enthusiastically.

“Ramones, yeah!” I laughed, giving Vince a high five.

“Can we start now, before I fall asleep?” Park asked tiredly.

“Just start the movie and be quiet.” Vince teased.

“On my way, dear…” Park teased back as he started the first movie.

“Fuck you Parker.” Vince snapped when Killer Klowns came on.

“Well, you didn’t say which movie…”

Vince glared at Park as I felt her get even closer. I hate clowns, but if it meant having Vince this close to me, it was a price worth paying. The movie started. Park and Jeremy looked half amused, half bored, while Vince stared at the screen with a mix of anxiety and dread. I would lie if I said that I paid any attention to it. All I could think about was the girl sitting next to me; the girl that literary had turned my world upside down.

The movie had been going on for more than an hour or so. I glanced at Vince, who had gone from burying her face in my shoulder, to close her eyes, each time a clown popped up. At the moment she had her eyes closed, while holding my arm in a firm grip. I guess it’s true; horror movies do bring people closer together, literary speaking.
“Vince, you can open your eyes.” Park said amused, looking at her instead of the ongoing movie.

“I rather not…” Vince muttered back.

“Come on, it’s not scary. It’s funny.”

“Nothing about clowns is funny. I’m keeping them closed, thank you very much.”

“And I thought Hayley’s fear of clowns was a bit much.” Jeremy said and laughed.

I nudged him on the shoulder and stuck out my tongue. He gave me a quick pat on the head, together with a smile.

“Well, this one can’t even look at a clown without crying.” Park continued, still with his eyes focused on Vince.

“I’m not crying.”

“That’s because you’ve kept you eyes closed this whole time, stupid.”

I shook my head. The whole situation was quite amusing. I mean, two guys who had been laughing through the whole film, one girl who’d been scared to death and then me, who hadn’t been able to focus on the movie since my huge crush was using me as a pillow. If that’s not amusing, then I must have a really bad sense of humour. Still, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for Vince.

“Come on, Vince. At least tell us the story behind it?” I said encouraging. “I mean, you must have quite a reason if you can’t even look at them…”

“I’ve never liked them. Not just clowns, but puppets, dolls and mimes too... Plain scary if you ask me….” She said and glanced at me. “Though I guess that “It”, would be the trigger… Thank you very much, Stephen King.”

“The film?” I asked a bit confused, since the film even made me laugh.

“The book…” she muttered. “Trust me when I say it scarred me for life.”

“I’m already convinced.” I said and laughed.

“I mean, how can you trust someone that covers their face with make up? Really, what are they hiding?” she asked suspiciously, making me laugh again together with the guys.

“Let me guess… You’re one of those people who take mental notes of where the dolls and puppets in a room are, when entering it?” Jeremy asked amused.

“Well, duh. If I didn’t, how would I be able to tell if they moved? I told you, they are not to be trusted…”

The three of us kept laughing on Vince’s expense. I couldn’t help myself, even if I felt bad. It was just so…adorable.

“Vince, the movie’s finished now.” Park lied after a while.

Vince, who had gone back to closed eyes, hesitated for a second, before deciding to trust him.

“Really…?” she asked and opened her eyes, to quickly close them again. “I hate you, Park. I’m seriously going to have nightmares.”

Both Park and Jeremy laughed and I couldn’t keep myself from join them. She was like a little kid, but that only made her more irresistible. God, was there anything about this girl I didn’t like? Well, besides the obvious; she still had a girlfriend.

A couple of minutes passed, before the movie finally ended.

“You can open them now.” I said and nudged her arm.

“Hayley, if you’re lying, we are so over.”

“I don’t think that would be such a bad thing, but still...” I said and laughed.

“Oh, Vince. You just got burned. This one’s feisty.” Park laughed as he put on the next movie.

Vince slowly opened her eyes, looking at the TV screen and then back to me.

“You’re quite the heartbreaker, aren’t you?” she said and gave me a teasing smile.

“HA! Look who’s talking.” Park said quickly as he took place in the sofa again.

“I am not.” I stated and crossed my arms over my chest.

Vince was about to say something, when Jeremy interrupted her.

“Come on girls, you can break each others hearts later… Now it’s time for some massacre.”

Both Vince and I stuck out our tongues to each other at the same time, which led to a smaller laugh attack. Jeremy gave us a half-serious glare and we stopped, focusing on the movie instead. A movie that wasn’t really my cup of tea, so to speak, which meant it, was my turn to hide behind Vince. Once again, saying that I didn’t enjoy it, would be a big lie.
♠ ♠ ♠
From now on, I give up my Friday plan and stick to updating whenever I feel like it or remember to... Next chapter will be up right away since it kind of the same scene.

Hope you like it, 'cause I'm not sure I do...