Status: I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THIS!! I guess life happened and well... Hopefully I'll get back to this one day. And again, SORRY!

Fairy Tail

Chapter Six

Vince's POV

I was sitting on the plane, drumming on my knees with closed eyes. I was both nervous and restless, having a hard time to sit still in my seat. I hated flying and on top of that, I was afraid of heights. The pilot had just announced that we were about to land, which was the reason I was having a nervous breakdown. The landing was always the worst part of the trip.

“Vince, are you alright?” Park, who was sitting on my right, asked, sounding quite worried.

“Oh, I’m just fine and dandy… Life is full of kittens and sunshine and… NO, I’M NOT OKAY!” I shouted.

My outburst had reached every passenger on the plane and I could sense all eyes on me. Alex, who was sitting on my left, grabbed my hand.

“Vince, please don’t scare the other passengers. Just try to calm down and breathe before you start hyperventilating.” She said quietly.

“Is everything alright over here?” A stewardess suddenly asked.

“Yeah, it’s fine. She’s just not that fond of flying… or landing… She will be alright though.”

“That’s good. Just make sure she doesn’t shout again. It will worry the other passengers.”

“Of course…” Alex said, trembling on her voice as she tried to not laugh.

“She could at least have talked directly to me… I’m not senile… Most of the times…” I muttered as the stewardess disappeared.

“Okay then grandma…” Alex said and gave me an evil grin. “The nice lady told me to keep you quiet and there is two ways of doing that… Either you’ll be a nice granny and remain quiet or I’ll have to force something down your throat. It’s really up to you.”

“Alex, there’s no need for threats…” Ray suddenly said from the seat next to Park.

“Oh, was that a threat?” I said to Alex, completely ignoring Ray. “So if I shout again, then you’ll really do that?”

“Vince, I’m warning you…” Alex said, looking a bit nervous.

I grinned to her and opened my mouth ready to shout, but she was already ahead of me and quickly put her hand over my mouth.

“Vince, I swear to god that if you don’t stay quiet, I’ll throw you off this plane.”

I tried to answer, but her hand stopped me. After a smaller staring contest, I gave up by nodding my head. She pulled back her hand and sighed. I was about to finally calm down, when suddenly the plane began to shake as it dropped height.

“Alex…” I said quietly and grabbed her hand. “I’m too young to die.”

“We won’t die silly. Close your eyes and think about Cassie or something and we’ll soon be on the ground.”

I took her hand in a firmer grip as I closed my eyes.

Alex’s POV

I felt how Vince’s grip around my hand hardened as she closed her eyes. She really hated flying and I wondered how she was able to fly back and forth to Sweden alone. “Poor stewards...” I thought and smiled. After a few minutes, the plane was on the ground and the passengers quickly got to their feet, grabbing their belongings and walked towards the exit. Ray and Park stood up and took a few steps, before they noticed that I was still in my seat.

“Vince… You can let go now. We’re on the ground.” I said tiredly as I tried to release her grip around my hand.

“And what if I don’t want to?” she asked and slowly opened her eyes.

“Well, then you’ll probably spend the rest of the day in this plane… And most likely, in the air…”

Quickly, she let go of my hand and stood up. She reached for her luggage and with only a few steps, she was outside the plane. Ray and Park followed her, laughing, as I got to my feet and grabbed my bag.

“Hey, wait up.” I yelled as I ran after them.

*a little forward*

Vince’s POV

“Well, here it is.” Alex said as the taxi drove away.

I looked at the house in front of us with wide eyes. Apparently it was owned by Alex’s father’s record company and worked as a hostel for bands on tour, if they wanted to get away from the tour bus that is. The house wasn’t that big though, probably just enough room for two bands. Even so, with the garage and atmosphere, it was the perfect place for a band.
Alex walked up to the front door and unlocked it.

“At the time, I think we’re alone, though I told the guys in Paramore, that they could stay here if they needed somewhere to practice. Hayles will probably swing by later today and say hi, don’t know about the guys though.” She said as she opened the door and took a step inside.

“I’LL CHOOSE ROOM FIRST!” I yelled and ran passed her in the doorway, towards the stairwell.

“NOT WITHOUT ME!” I heard Alex shout as she came after me.

I ran up the stairs and followed the short corridor, before I opened a door to the right and quickly closed it behind me. I turned around to inspect the room I’d just entered. The first thing I noticed was the big double bed in the corner. At the same time, Alex flung the door open, which hit me straight in the back and made me fall to the floor. I groaned as I turned around to find Alex, also on the floor, laughing with tears in her eyes.

“I appreciate the sympathy.” I said as I caressed my soar back. “Now, get out of my room.”

“Oh… And what makes this your room?” she said, still laughing.

“Bed…” I answered and pointed at the big bed. “It talked to me.”

Alex finally stopped laughing and let out a short sigh while rolling her eyes.

“I’m not even surprised anymore.”

“As long as I keep surprising myself, I’m good.” I said with a smirk.

“Always something…” she said and stood up. “I’ll use the room next to yours. In case you’re having a bad dream or find a monster under your bed. Just knock and I will save you.” She said before leaving the room laughing.

“I’M SO GONNA HIDE UNDER YOUR BED!” I shouted and went after her.

She almost jumped down the stairs and continued towards the kitchen, with me after. I got down the stairs, but before I knew it, I was back on the floor. Someone was lying next to me on the floor, caressing their arm. I scratched my head as I tried to figure out who the redhead was, when Alex came back from the kitchen.

“My god Vince, you clot.” She said and gave me an evil glare, as she helped the girl to her feet. “Are you okay Hayles?”

“I spend half of my days with three guys, I think I’ll manage.” She answered with a laugh.

“I’m okay too. If someone was wondering…” I muttered as I stood up, caressing my back again, which now felt even worse. “Bloody Americans…”

“Oh, we got ourselves a Briton I see.” Hayley said and smiled. “I’m Hayley Williams by the way.”

“Swedish actually…” I said and smiled back. “I’m Johanna, though everyone knows me as Vincent or Vince...”

“Why Vincent?”

“Well, it’s quite simple …” I began, but got interrupted by Alex.

“Oh, here we go again…” she mumbled as she grabbed Hayley’s hand and pulled her towards the kitchen. “It’s really not that interesting, I promise.

“I hate you Alex.” I shouted after her.

“Love you too my darling.”

I sighed and found myself following Hayley with my eyes as they disappeared into the kitchen.

Hayley’s POV

Alex pulled me towards the kitchen as I managed to catch a glimpse of Vince, following me with her bright eyes. It made me a bit nervous, but as we entered the kitchen, it disappeared.

“That’s Vince for you.” Alex said and smiled at me.

“You’re quite close, huh?”

“Yeah, she’s like a sister to me. An annoying one though… But I guess that’s how it’s supposed to be.”

I nodded and smiled. If I didn’t know better, I could easily have taken them for sisters already.

“How come she went to England?” I asked curiously.

I couldn’t help but notice the fact that I wanted to know everything about this girl. There was something with her, though I couldn’t really put a finger on it.

“Well, according to herself, it was because she wanted to do something else. Though I doubt that’s the only reason. I’m pretty sure there’s something else to it. Especially since she never wants to talk about it…”

As Alex told me this, I could see how worried she was and I could understand that. “If she can’t even tell her best friend, then she must have some really good reasons.” I thought.

“You can give it a try yourself, though I doubt you’ll get anything out of her.” Alex continued, still having that worried expression on her face.

“Probably…” I mumbled back.

Now I really wanted to know more about this girl.

“Are you coming Vince?” Alex suddenly shouted. “There’s coffee…”

Vince’s POV

I was still standing in the hallway. I’d heard the conversation between Alex and Hayley and as always, I got a guilty conscience. I wanted to tell her, but I just couldn’t. It was too complicated and just too hard.

“Bollocks.” I muttered to myself as I took a deep breath.

“Are you coming Vince?” Alex suddenly yelled from the kitchen. “There’s coffee…”

She’d said the magical word and with only a few steps, I got to the kitchen and took a seat next to Hayley, ignoring the gnawing guilt in the back of my head.

“Today Alex…” I said impatiently.

“Hayles, if you ever want Vince to do something… Coffee is the best bribe.” She said and laughed as she put down a cup in front of me.

“I’ll remember that.” Hayley laughed.

“It’s a Swedish thing…” I said and took a sip. “HOT!”

“WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU? DO YOU EVER LEARN?” Alex shouted quite frustrated.

“Well, I’m not known for my brains, am I now!?” I muttered back.

“And thank god for that.”

Alex and Hayley laughed while I ignored them, sipping on my coffee. After a few minutes, they managed to calm down and Alex joined us by the table.

“Where are Ray and Park by the way?” I asked after a while.

“They went out… Ray said something about taking a look around.” Alex answered.

“Aah…” I said a bit absent minded.

“Okay, I’ve tried to figure it out but I’m out of clues…” Hayley said suddenly. “What’s with your nickname?”

Alex frowned and sighed as Hayley’s green and curious eyes met mine.

“Alex’s actually right for once; it’s not really that interesting.” I said and rolled my eyes at Alex. “Tim Burton, you’ve heard of him?”

“Nightmare before Christmas, that’s all I have to say.” Hayley quickly answered and gave me wide smile.

“Now, this is what I’m talking about Alex.” I said and gave her a teasing look, before I turned back to Hayley. “Alex isn’t really a fan of Tim Burton…”

“And still I wonder why I’ve seen the movies more than a hundred times…” she said and glared at me.

“Well, as you can see, I have this thing for Tim Burton…and pirates, but that’s another story…” I said and grinned. “But to get back to my nickname… One of his first short movies was named Vincent and that’s all there is to it I guess.”

“Oh, so you aren’t going to reel off the whole movie for us? That’s not like you Vince.” Alex said and rolled her eyes.

“You know the whole monologue by heart?” Hayley wondered.

“Well, you could say that I’ve seen it a few times…”

“Try a million…”

“Let’s hear it then.” Hayley continued, ignoring Alex comment. “I haven’t seen it in a while though, but I still remember the overall plot.”

“Please Vince, don’t…” Alex began, but I interrupted her.

“Every horror in his life that had crept through his dreams,
Swept his mad laugh to terrified screams.
To escape the madness, he reached for the door,
But fell limp and lifeless down on the floor.
His voice was soft and very slow,
As he quoted The Raven from Edgar Allan Poe,
"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor,
Shall be lifted - Nevermore!"

“Wow, that’s quite something.” Hayley said, sounding rather impressed.

“I’m more amazed about the fact that you never seem to grow tired of reeling it off for people.” Alex said, blinked and gave me a warm smile.

“Well, I’m just that awesome.” I laughed.

Hayley’s POV

Vince reeled off the monologue from “Vincent” as if it was something she’d always known. I was impressed.

“Wow, that’s quite something.”

“I’m more amazed about the fact that you never seem to grow tired of reeling it off for people.” Alex said and gave Vince a quick smile.

“Well, I’m just that awesome.” Vince answered.

Our eyes met for a short moment, before she turned away. “Was she blushing?” I thought, but quickly changed my mind. “You’re just being silly, Hayles.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, that's it for today I believe... And why not end with a small cliffhanger right after Vince and Hayley met? Hopefully you'll keep reading ^^

Yet again, I hope you like it! Chapter Seven will probably be uploaded next week or so... Fabulous!

// sir Vincent