Status: Complete.

Never Regret

Jealous.

The end of the third week of August drew pretty quickly. After Detroit, we’d travelled to and played in Chicago, Illinois, and now we were in Des Moines, Iowa. Today was just a day of sound checks and rehearsals, seeing as we had our ninth show tonight. The Academy Is were rehearsing right now, so I was sunbathing with Taylor outside our bus. Another beautiful sunny summer’s day.

“Eck, I forgot my trashy magazine. I’ll be back in a sec,” Taylor groaned.

I just giggled as she got up, leaving me alone as she walked back onto the bus.

“Ola Mack,” Gabe said smoothly.

I lifted my head, raising an eyebrow at the way he leant against the front of my bus.

“Hey Gabe,” I nodded.

“What are you doing, mi amor?” Gabe asked curiously.

“Trying to catch a tan. The summer’s coming to an end, y’know,” I said playfully.

“You don’t need a tan. Eres guapa, cariño,” Gabe smirked, walking towards me.

“Are you seriously flirting in Spanish with me, Gabriel?” I mused.

“Depends if it’s working or not,” Gabe winked.

“I’m game,” I shrugged.

Gabe laughed, sitting in Taylor’s deckchair next to me.

“Tu sonrisa es bonita. Me encantas. You hold mi corazón,” Gabe purred, tucking my hair behind my ear.

“Was this before or after you thought I was a lesbian?” I asked innocently.

“Before. Much before,” Gabe grinned.

“Care to tell me what you said?” I chuckled.

Mi amor means my love. Eres guapa, cariño means you are beautiful, darling. Tu sonrisa es bonita means your smile is beautiful. Me encantas means you enchant me. Mi corazón means my heart. And I meant every word,” Gabe said, his voice silky as his dark eyes bored into my icy blue ones.

“Aren’t you a charmer?” I giggled, my cheeks blushing slightly.

“I try,” Gabe shrugged innocently.

“You’ll have to try a little harder,” I smirked.

“I like a señora who plays hard to get,” Gabe smirked back, standing up again.

I chuckled as Gabe lifted my hand to his lips, kissing it softly.

“Hasta luego, mi querida,” Gabe said with a wink.

I blushed again, making him chuckle as he walked away. Phew, that man sure does know how to make a girl blush! It’s a shame he’s not my type though, eh?

*

[Michael Guy Chislett]

I narrowed my eyes from the doorway of my bus, watching Gabe shamelessly flirt with Mackenzie. We’d just finished rehearsals and I was more than happy to take a short nap right now, but now I’m not happy at all. I knew he would make a move on her as soon as he found out she wasn’t a lesbian. Not that I thought she was a lesbian. All William told me was that she had someone back home. I’m just glad she doesn’t. But anyway, it’s infuriating watching Gabe use his Spanish charm on Mackenzie. No-one ever escapes from that. Girls fall for him hook, line and sinker wherever he goes.

“Whatcha doing?” Mike yawned, scratching his chest.

I didn’t answer, to preoccupied with watching Gabe tuck Mackenzie’s hair behind her ear, murmuring soft words. Mike just snickered when he realised what I was doing.

“I knew he would go after Mack,” Mike smirked.

I glared at Gabe’s back as Mackenzie laughed, a blush evident on her cheeks. Who does he think he is?

“Who does he think he is?” I growled.

“Lighten up, Chizzy. It’s not like you’ve made your move, is it?” Mike pointed out.

“I’m taking my time,” I retorted.

I shut the bus door as Gabe kissed her hand, not able to watch any more. I was far too angry now and I knew I would do something stupid if I stayed there any longer.

“Ooh someone’s jealous!” Mike sang, following me into the lounge.

“I’m not jealous. I just don’t think Gabe should be hitting on Kenzie,” I grumbled, sitting down.

William walked in from the bunks, eating an apple. Me and Mike had been the last out of the venue and William, Andy and Adam had made it back to the bus about 15 minutes before us.

“Why the long face?” he asked cheerfully.

“Chizzy’s jealous that Gabe was flirting with Mack,” Mike cut in before I could speak.

William just snorted.

“You knew he would,” William pointed out.

“I wish he didn’t. No-one ever resists The ‘Gabanti’ Charm,” I said bitterly.

“Dude, cheer up. Mack’s different than most girls – she might have different tastes,” Mike said reassuringly.

I just sighed. I like Mackenzie. A lot more than I probably should. But I can’t compete with Gabe. He’s always got women flocking round him and it’s clear I haven’t. Gabe is just so confident and sure of himself – he’s not scared to take a chance. But me? Complete opposite. Who was I kidding when I thought I had a shot with Mackenzie? I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that didn’t notice Mike and William send each other a worried glance.

“What’s the earliest time it’s socially acceptable to start drinking?” William asked cheerfully.

“An hour after you wake up, no matter where you are,” Mike said in the same tone.

“How long have you been awake, Chizzy?” William asked.

“Uh, 4 hours,” I shrugged.

“Tequila time!” William crooned.

Andy and Adam stumbled out of the bunks.

“We heard tequila,” Adam grinned.

“Dude, you were fast asleep!” William scoffed.

“Never underestimate the power of a tequila call,” Andy chuckled, sitting down next to me.

Andy looked at me once, before frowning.

“What’s up with him?” he asked, jerking his thumb in my direction.

I groaned, tilting my head back. Looks like I’ll need that tequila more than I thought!
♠ ♠ ♠
So Gabe's getting in there...
And Michael's not happy about it...
And Mackenzie just has no idea...
Sounds like fun to me!
Cuteness in the next update =].

Thanks for the coments! Please keep them coming!
xo