Status: Complete.

Never Regret

Awkward

It’s been four days since Michael and I had our mini-argument. Tour has been so hectic since that everything’s a nightmare! We were in Washington, Virginia, for three days and now we’re on our first day in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Between signings, meet and greets, interviews and gigs, I’ve barely had time to see my boyfriend – and even when we have seen each other it’s been awkward. Horribly horribly awkward.

Like yesterday, during the gig while Cobra Starship were playing, I was with Michael in the TAI dressing room. We weren’t talking, but I was sitting in his lap, playing with the hem of his plaid shirt while he traced patterns on the small of my back. I don’t think anyone’s noticed the tension between us, but I bet it won’t take long. It’s driving me insane because I know it’s all my fault, but it’s gone too far now for me to stop.

Seeing as it’s now the 8th of December, and only 17 days until Christmas, a load of us were sitting down and talking about the upcoming holiday. We were on a break after sound checks while Pete ran around getting everything ready. William, Mike, Victoria, Nate, Gabe, Logan, JC and I were the only ones sitting in the venue. Everyone else had disappeared.

“I tell you what, I can’t wait for my mom’s home-cooked dinner. She makes the best Christmas roast,” Mike said excitedly, grinning madly.

“That is true,” William agreed, laughing.

“My momma can’t cook for shit,” Victoria snorted, rolling her eyes.

“I just can’t wait to go home, I tell you that. Big old family Christmas,” Gabe said happily.

“What are you doing for the holidays, Mack?” Nate asked me with a sweet smile.

“I don’t know. Probably spending it with Jasmine and these morons,” I chuckled, nudging JC.

JC pretended to look offended, making us all laugh.

“What about Chizzy? You spending any time with him?” Gabe asked, raising an eyebrow.

I froze slightly, but fought to hide it.

“I don’t know. We haven’t really talked about it,” I said stiffly.

A brief silence followed. Wonderful.

“We are going straight into writing a new album though. Pete told us this morning that they want to extend our contract,” Logan announced, breaking the atmosphere.

“No way! That’s awesome!” William gasped.

The others agreed in various ways before changing the topic again. Logan squeezed my knee and I just patted his hand to say thanks. There’s no need for everyone to know what going on in my head, is there?

*

[JC Morel]

“What is up with Mack today? She’s acting weird,” Logan frowned as the two of us walked back the bus.

Mackenzie was still talking to Nate and Vicky, so we left her there.

“It’s not just today. She’s been like this for nearly a week now,” I frowned.

“What do you think is wrong?” Logan asked, raising his eyebrow.

“Not a clue,” I sighed.

We reached our bus and Logan quickly opened the door for us to get on – it’s snowing out here! So cold! But I held him back from entering as I heard some people talking from the next bus.

“What?” he hissed.

I just pressed a finger to my lips to make him listen with me. It sounded like Bill and Mike were talking to Chizzy...

“Is everything alright with you and Mack?” William asked quietly.

“Why do you ask?” Chizzy frowned.

“Because she’s been acting weird all day,” William replied simply.

“And she was really awkward when we asked what the two of you were doing over the holiday,” Mike added.

I frowned as I heard Chizzy sigh. What does he know that we don’t?

“Yeah, it’s a bit rough between us at the moment. Mackenzie’s been distancing herself from me and I don’t know why. When I confronted her she told me to butt out and I yelled at her, and it’s got even worse since that. We’ve barely talked,” Chizzy admitted, sadness drowning his voice.

“Shit, you yelled at her?” William winced.

“I just lost it. I don’t know what I’ve done wrong!” Chizzy said, frustrated.

“I’m sure it’s nothing. Mack’s probably just stressed about not having seen her daughter for ages as well as the crazy schedule we have at the moment,” Mike reassured.

“I don’t think so,” Chizzy replied with a weak smile.

“All you can do is talk to her about it,” William said softly.

“Yeah, I know,” Chizzy sighed.

As soon as they had walked onto their bus, I turned to face Logan, who looked as shocked as I felt. What the hell is Mackenzie doing?!

“Band meeting,” Logan grumbled.

I let him get Taylor and Reece out of Reece’s bunk as I sat down in the lounge, my mind going over all the possibilities of why Mack is distancing herself. I know it’s not stress like Mike suggested – we would’ve known about that. No, this is something else. When Reece and Taylor were decent and sat down, Logan sighed.

“We just overheard something that shocked us,” Logan started.

No-one spoke.

“Mack’s been distancing herself from Chizzy and everyone’s starting to notice. It’s only a matter of time before something blows up and she gets hurt,” I murmured.

My eyes flew to Taylor, who looked down at her lap.

“Alright, sis, what do you know?” Logan ordered.

“She made me swear not to tell!” Taylor whined.

“Never Regret don’t keep secrets from each other. Spill,” Logan said firmly.

Taylor pouted and fidgeted in her seat, before sighing in defeat.

“Fine. But I didn’t tell you, okay? Mack’s panicking about her and Chizzy having a long-distance relationship because she doesn’t want to upheave Jazz to live in Australia. She’s distancing herself to prepare for a break-up. And she won’t talk to Chizzy about it,” Taylor said quietly.

I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose as Reece swore under his breath and Logan clenched his fists.

“That’s it? She’s ruining the best relationship she’s ever had because she’s scared?!” Logan hissed.

“Hey, I spent the entirety of Mike’s birthday trying to convince Mack to talk to Chizzy, but she won’t listen!” Taylor muttered.

“Yeah, we know babe. But that doesn’t mean we should give up,” Reece soothed.

“Then what do we do?” Taylor asked.

“We force her to talk. That’s the only way,” I shrugged, folding my arms over my chest.

“I’m not letting her break it off with Chizzy, not after all the good he’s done her,” Logan said furiously.

“Then it’s settled. Operation cat-out-the-bag is in session,” Taylor said firmly.

All I can do is pray that we don’t ruin things completely.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Mackenzie isn't being a subtle as she thinks...
Will this all blow up in her face?

Again only 1 comment from rivals are insane. I'm away until Monday after this, so unless I get a few more comments from you 47 subscribers, then I'm going to have to put this story on hiatus. I can't put my heart into a story that so few people give a damn about!

xo