Status: Complete.

Never Regret

Walk

“You have to make a choice – either you take down your walls and I stay, or you leave the walls up and I’m out of here,” Michael said firmly.

“W-What?” I whimpered.

“You heard me. It’s either me or your insecurities, Mackenzie,”


My world froze as his words processed in my brain. He was going to leave me? But…he can’t! He can’t leave me! My silence filled the air between, until Michael shook his head sadly. No!

“Thanks for letting me know your decision,” Michael said softly.

And with that, he walked away. Tears filled my eyes when I realised what had just happened. He’d walked away. He’d broken up with me. We were over. No! After everything that’s happened between us, I can’t let him go! I can’t! He was the first real friend I made on this tour, making the effort to get to know me even when I was stubborn. He didn’t judge me when he found out about my daughter. Hell, he got on so well with my daughter that she wants him to be in our lives permanently. He looked after me when Joseph attacked me, not leaving my side until I was better. He’s shown me more affection and love than I’ve ever felt in my life. He loves me. And I…I love him. I LOVE HIM!

Oh my gosh…I love him! I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to realise this! He’s so perfect for me and I’ve been blinded with fear and nerves. I can’t let him go. I won’t let him go. Filled with a crazy determination I walked to the edge of the alleyway, spotting Michael close to the main stage doors. No, he can’t go back in! Then it’s over for good! Gritting my teeth, I started running towards him, Michael only turning around just as I tackled him. We landed on the snow-covered ground with a thud, Michael groaning. I quickly moved so I was straddling him, making sure he couldn’t get up. My heart broke a little at the sight of tears running down his cheeks, but this only fuelled my determination.

“What are you doing?” Michael asked, wincing.

“I’m not letting you go,” I said clearly.

“Mackenzie…” Michael sighed.

I swallowed heavily, before leaning down so our faces were mere inches apart.

“I love you,” I said softly, but firmly enough for him to believe me.

Michael’s eyes widened in surprise but a smile slowly spread across his lips.

“Y-You mean that?” he choked.

“Yeah, I mean it. I can’t let you go, Michael. You mean too much to me,” I smiled, although my eyes teared up again.

“I love you too. I love you so much,” Michael whispered.

I whimpered and pressed my lips desperately on his, kissing him like I would never be able to again. Michael managed to pull his arms out of my leg-hold and held me tightly, kissing back just as eagerly. I let out a small moan when our tongues tangled, pressing my body as close to his as possible. The fear alone of him walking away from me like he did is enough for me to kiss him like my life depends on it. Then the sound of cheers came from behind us. What the fuck? I broke away from Michael, sitting upright as I looked to our left, only to find the remaining members of both our bands, Cobra Starship and Pete standing there, grinning, cheering and clapping. I blushed deeply and looked down at Michael before standing up, helping him stand up too.

“Fucking finally,” William said happily.

“What about the show?” Michael frowned, wrapping his arms around me.

“Cobra just finished so we’re waiting on you to come in so we can start,” Mike explained.

“Sorry,” I mumbled, apologising.

“Trust me, there’s no need to apologise,” Logan chuckled.

“Give us 15 minutes?” Michael asked.

Everyone agreed and went back inside the building. Michael turned me around in his arms so I slid mine around his neck, smiling shyly up at him.

“Are you going to tell me what was wrong before?” he asked softly.

I swallowed heavily but nodded. I guess I can’t hide it from him anymore.

“I was scared. I didn’t want to lose you when the tour ended, but I didn’t want to uproot my daughter from the life she’s known. I can’t do that to her. And I can’t face another heartbreak, not again,” I said shakily.

“Then why didn’t you talk to me? We could’ve worked something out,” Michael frowned.

“I was scared, Michael,” I repeated, chewing my lip ring.

Michael sighed and pulled me into a hug. I gladly buried my face into his neck, inhaling his musky scent. After a minute or so, he pulled away and kissed my forehead.

“We will work something out. I don’t want to let you go when tour is over, Mackenzie. This relationship is so much more than just a tour fling. I want to be in your life for as long as you’ll let me,” Michael smiled.

I just smiled back and took his hand in my own, and pulled him into the building. When he finally got on stage and William teased him, I stood watching with a big smile on my face. My life was finally taking a turn for the better, and I would be damned if I let anything get in the way this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhh finally! She talks!
Can't believe how close this story is to being over :(

So yeah, I got a couple of comments on the last chapter...but I would appreciate more!
xo