Status: Complete.

Never Regret

Overhear

We were now at the end of July, the end of our first month on tour, and in Indianapolis, Indiana. Despite JC telling me not to, I’d been avoiding Michael slightly. The embarrassment of him walking in on me still stung a little, and I couldn’t really look him in the eyes yet. JC was a little miffed with me, and I’ll admit I feel bad for ignoring the Australian guy that I’d become close to, but I’m a proud person so until I don’t feel embarrassment, I won’t spend much time around him. Harsh, but practical. Anyway, our fourth show was tomorrow, but it was unbearably hot outside today, so I was hanging in the venue with Taylor, Victoria, JC, Andy and Adam. We were just talking when the Cobra Starship camera guy came over.

“Hey Jack, what’s up?” Adam asked cheerfully.

“I’m going around filming day-to-day stuff for tour blogs. Would you guys mind if I filmed you for a bit?” Jack asked hopefully.

The six of us looked at each other, before shrugging.

“Great. Just pretend I’m not here,” Jack grinned.

He set up his camera, and I just sent a ‘wtf’ look to JC. Victoria, Andy and Adam didn’t look fazed though, so I guess it’s okay.

“Where were we?” Adam asked, scratching his head as Jack gave the thumbs up for ‘go’.

“Ah, yeah, who’s your celebrity crush?” Taylor giggled.

“Totally Drew Barrymore. She’s got that fiery personality,” Adam grinned.

“Like you’re looking at her personality, Sisky,” Victoria snickered.

“What about you then?” Adam retorted playfully.

“My heart belongs to Jack Barakat, y’all know that!” Victoria said dramatically.

We all laughed. Victoria had been telling us earlier about their tours with All Time Low, and the stories from them.

“What about you, Mack?” Andy smiled.

“Uh, I don’t know. I don’t really get crushes,” I shrugged.

“Come on there’s got to be at least one celebrity guy you crush on!” Victoria chuckled.

I chewed my bottom lip, smiling slightly.

“Okay, I have a slight crush on Ville Valo,” I admitted.

Their blank looks made me laugh. Obviously JC knew who he was though.

“The lead singer of HIM,” JC prompted.

“Ohh,” Victoria and Taylor chorused.

“He’s got those amazing eyes and cheekbones to die for. And he’s hot,” I laughed.

“Don’t forget you’re a sucker for his accent,” JC teased.

“Ssh!” I giggled, swatting him with my hand, “your turn!”

“I like a bit of Christina Scabbia. A dark haired woman with the voice of an angel – I fell head over heels,” JC sighed happily.

“Well she is hot,” I commented, Adam and Andy nodding in agreement.

“Mack, you just said a girl was hot!” Taylor squealed.

“I can acknowledge hotness, regardless of gender! It’s not like I said I would jump her bones, is it?” I protested.

We all burst into laughter, Camera Guy Jack pressing stop.

“Thanks guys, I’ll see you later. Gonna see if I can find Gabe. Haven’t seen him, Ryland or Suarez in ages!” Jack smiled.

“No problem,” Andy nodded.

“So you like guys with accents?” Adam teased.

Before I had a chance to defend myself, my sidekick started ringing. Home.

“I’d better take this. I’ll be back in a minute,” I announced.

I didn’t answer the call till I was outside and leaning against the wall.

“Hey mom!” I grinned.

I lit a cigarette and took a drag. Might as well while I’m out here!

*

[Gabe Saporta]

Ryland, Alex and I left our bus, listening to Ryland tell a joke he’d heard one of the roadies say.

Once upon a time there were two muffins in the oven. Suddenly, one of the muffins says:
"Man it's hot in here!!!!"
The other muffin exclaims,
"Ahh, a talking muffin!!!!"


I snickered, grinning. That was quite funny for once.

“Not bad Ryland,” I grinned.

“Why thank you,” Ryland grinned.

“Dude, where is everybody?” Alex groaned.

He was right, the entire parking lot was empty of people. What?

“Beats me,” Ryland shrugged.

“They might be inside the venue?” I suggested.

Where else could they be? We walked over to the building where we’d be playing tomorrow, only to see Mackenzie talking on her sidekick and smoking a Marlboro. She didn’t notice us, and she had a huge grin on her face. Hmm, she never smiles like that. I held Ryland and Alex back round the corner, pressing a finger to my lips so we could listen.

“Yeah, I miss you too mom. Is Jasmine there? She is? Good, I want to talk to my baby girl,”

Baby girl? What? Who was Jasmine?

“Hey baby! How are you? Mmhmm I miss you too. I miss you so much. You what? No fair, I should helping you undress!”

My eyes went wide. Woah, this was not where I thought it was going.

“You made a friend in Lisa’s school, huh? What...you went out for lunch with her? You’re not trying to replace me, are you?”

Mackenzie laughed, taking a drag on her cigarette.

“Good, I love you too. No, I love you more. Haha, yeah I’ve got another show tomorrow. Yeah, we’re playing well. Mmhmm I’ll be sending some money home next week. Alright, put me back on the phone with Karen. I’ll give your love to the guys. Yeah, miss you and love you! Bye baby girl!”

Mackenzie ended the call and stubbed her cigarette out, before going back into the building. I turned to Alex and Ryland, who’s jaws were dropped just like mine.

“Mackenzie’s a lesbian?” I gasped.

“I would never have guessed that,” Alex replied, shocked.

“At least we know why she hasn’t responded to your flirting – she has a girlfriend called Jasmine,” Ryland snickered.

“I would hit on a chick that likes chicks, huh?” I chuckled.

“We should probably tell the others,” Alex announced.

“Nah, keep it within the Cobras. I think Chizzy likes her, it’s so fucking obvious, so we might as well let him sweat a little,” I smirked.

“Nothing like a tour prank!” Ryland grinned.

The three of us high-fived before walking into the building. We didn’t see William and Mike standing behind us a little way back, looking shocked.

“We have to tell Chizzy,” William insisted.

“He’ll be crushed though,” Mike frowned.

“It’s better that he knows from us than gets embarrassed by the Cobras. I mean, don’t get me wrong, Gabe and I are buds, but TAI protect their own,” William said firmly.

“Chizzy was so happy. You know what he’s like when he’s depressed - he’s a fucking wreck!” Mike reminded.

William thought for a minute, but looking back at his friend.

“Why don’t we just tell him that she’s got someone back home? That’ll soften it a bit than him know she’s not into guys at all,” William suggested.

Mike processed the words and nodded.

“That’s a better idea. We’d better go find Chizzy,” Mike sighed.

“This won’t be fun,” William grimaced.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who doesn't love Ville Valo?
But eavesdropping is never a good thing...

Did my final exam today (well, yesterday technically now seeing as it's quarter-to-one am) and am now drinking beer with my housemates - the summer has started!!! Give me some summer loving, you beautiful Michael Guy Chislett fans =] And no, I'm not drunk, I'm just very happy!

Comments?
xo