Status: 10 chapters

Can't Love a Werewolf, Without Getting Fleas.

Chapter 16.

“What are you doing here?” He asked, his eyebrows pressed together firmly.

“Me? What are you doing here? I’m picking up my little sister.” I answered defensively, crossing my arms over my chest. As if I had to explain myself to him.

His face was the same. Like what I had said didn’t faze him at all. Why else would I be here?

His eyes traveled to the picture that I had been looking at. His mouth twitched, and he opened it to say something. I watched his mouth go through these actions, noticing how full and soft they looked. Whatever he was about to say had me hooked.

“SHAYYWEEEE!” Lucy’s recognizable voice bounced off the hallow walls of the school hallway.

I turned on my heel; only to be almost thrown off my feet at the surprise impact my little sister gave me when she flew into my open arms.

“You’re late, but I don’t care because I’m so happy you are here!” She whispered in my ear like it was a secret.

I gave her a tight squeeze. “You can let me go now.” She said as she wiggled like a worm to get out of the death grip I had on her tiny frame.

“Oh no you don’t. You’ll never touch ground again MWAHAHA! You’re a captive to the tickle monster!”

My sister’s tiny green eyes that matched my own almost identically bulged out. She squealed and struggled even more. I laughed in her ear, and I had forgotten that Colton was only a few feet away.

His low laugh sent a shiver up my spine. I set my sister down, only to earn a glare and a pout from the little ball of spunk.

“Who’s he?” She asked her eyes twinkling as she examined the 6 foot 3 inch man.

“This is Colton Sparks.” I said blushing. Why? I don’t know. All I do know is that whenever I spoke his name, a picture of him shirtless popped into my mind.

Damn you subconscious thoughts.

“Your Melony’s brother?” She beamed, like she had fit a perfect puzzle piece.

“That I am.” He smiled wickedly at the tiny girl.

“OHH! SHAWEE I WANT YOU TO MEET HER!” Before I could protest my sister’s little six-year-old hand grabbed my own, and started hauling me down the hallway.

I turned around to a snickering Colton following us. I raised an eyebrow at him, and whispered the word ‘sister’ in question.

He bit his cheek and looked at the ground before nodding.

I entered a colorful classroom, which looked like a typical first grade classroom would look like. A white board with a tiny bookshelf and tiny little tables for children to sit at, not to mention the mass of drawings and stories pinned around the classroom wall.

A little girl with bright blonde hair down to her waist and a sweet little pink dress came skipping over to us. Her bright blue eyes lit up immediately.

She smiled up at Colton and he scooped her up into a hug. “Hey there squirt.” He chuckled into her hair.

My heart melted.

The image of the first day I moved here ran through my mind like lightening. I remembered him hugging the same little girl that day he came out from the woods.

So it was his sister? I didn’t know he had a sister.

Who'd you think she was then Shaylee? A neighbor?

Oh shut up.

She giggled into Colton’s shoulder. The way he smiled… the way he looked at her. It made my heart wrench.

As if I was missing something I use to have. My curiosity taking over, his expression made me wonder if he had ever looked at anyone else that way.

With such adoration and love.

It was shocking really, because ever since I got here, all I got from him were smirks and cold glares. Maybe, possibly the occasional smile—but that was only if I was severely lucky.

And I’m not lucky a lot.

He set her back down, only to have my sister take her attention. “Melony this is my wonderous sister Shaylee!” Lucy beamed; her slightly darker hair than mine contrasted with Melony’s, almost reminding me of Leslie and Violet when they stood beside one another.

I bent down to shake Melony’s hand. “Hey there Melony. I must say it’s a pleasure to meet the one person my sister will not stop talking about!” I grinned.

She bit her lip and twisted from side to side, as if shy to take my hand.

I frowned a tad before looking at my sister. “Immune to my charm huh? Don’t tell me she’s immune to the tickle monster!” I gasped at the little blonde as I started to tickle her rapidly. She had the cutest giggle! It was loud and contagious. I started to laugh with her.

“Ok! Ok!” She breathed. I smiled in victory.

“Nice to meet you too Melony.” I tried to ignore the weird feeling like someone was staring at me, but it wouldn’t go away.

I glanced up at Colton only to have his eyes bore into mine. A bizarre feeling began to stir in my stomach and I blushed.

His stare was so intense…and that odd look upon his face…

I stood up rubbing the back of my neck out of uncomfortablness even though that’s not a word.

“We gotta go squirt.” Colton informed his little sis, and I thanked the high heavens that this wouldn’t be too awkward.

“AWW! But Colton! I wanna hang out with Lucy!” I looked up at Colton and cracked a smile. He looked like he was in pain.

Aw. He couldn’t resist his little sister’s charm. Typical softie.

“Well.. Er… if it’s alright with Shaylee.” He asked, shaking the keys in his hand out of what seemed like a nervous habit.

“Softie.” I teased and he pouted.

“Have you seen her puppy-dog eyes?” I shook my head no, and he ‘harumphed’ as if to prove his point, Melony turned to me next, the same blue eyes swam with plead and unhappiness.

“Alright, I don’t see why not.” I let out a sigh of defeat as well. The girls exploded with excitement.

“Softie.” Colton mocked. I stuck my tongue out. “I never said I wasn’t one! Just that well… you were.”

He laughed. “Ok, whatever.”

“Can they come over to our house?” Lucy asked, her green orbs pulsing with an overload of enthusiasm.

I hesitated. Colton… over at my house? When my parent’s weren’t home?

Talk about teen angst. I shuddered. Never did I imagine Colton and I being friendly enough towards one another to a point that I would invite him over.

Apocalypse? Possibly.

“Yeah, can we?” Colton said in a begging voice that mimicked my sister’s almost identically. His infamous smirk took up his whole face.

I rolled my eyes.

“I don’t see why not. It’s not a long drive is it?” I asked, becoming serious. I just felt bad having him to drive the long distance only to have two little girls play dolls or something.

“Actually, I don’t think so. You live next to the…Cunning..hams… don’t you?” His voice broke in an odd way as if he wasn’t use to using the Cunningham’s name in a normal conversation such as this one.

“That I do.” I joked, using one of his Colton-like phrases.

He just smiled slightly.

YES! One smile for Shaylee. Out of… what a hundred smirks?

“Okeydoke youngen’s. Let’s get a move on! The train to the Turner’s house is boarding! Chugga chugga chooooooo!” I sang down the halls as the three children followed me.

Why yes, I just considered Colton a first grade, first class child.

*

For some reason I was nervous. I was a tad self-conscious as to what Colton might think about my house.

We entered in silence. I leaned against the counter wondering if it was a position that a normal person would take while welcoming guests.

God. I’m over thinking things.

“I’m going to go show Melony my new Barbie doll!” Lucy yelled as soon as their tiny two-pound book bags hit the floor. Oh, how I envy them.

I walked over to pour myself a glass of apple juice. “You want anything?” I yelled, while my back faced him.

“No.”

I avoided eye contact with Colton, hoping with all my might I wasn’t blushing. He tends to make me do that a lot… probably because he’s just such an awkward child. He makes me feel that uncomfortable-ness I was talking about earlier.

Lucy paused at the stairs. Eyeing Colton and I.

“What?” I asked semi-annoyed, rolling my eyes as I took a swig.

“Do you two go out?”

And there goes my juice. All. Over. Colton.

Can you please kill me now? Maybe I can be like flat Stanley and have the fridge fall on me.

I coughed like my lungs were going to come out of my throat.

Colton just laughed… and blushed? Nahhhh….. that’s impossible. I thought I was the only one who had that annoying trait.

“No, Luce. Not at all. Colton and I just go to the same school.” I explained right when Colton said, “Yes.”

My eyes bulged to the size of two saucers.

“I knew it!” Lucy snickered as she chased Melony up the steps.

“W-what did you just say? We d-do not go out.”

“I was kidding. Don’t get your panties in a wad.”

I blushed maddingly. What gave him the right to bring my panties into this conversation??

He cocked an eyebrow. “You are wearing panties, aren’t you?” I hit him in the shoulder.

“OF COURSE I AM SICKKO!” He chuckled.

“You’re blushing.” He smirked, staring at my face. Which only made my face grow redder.

“Well… that’s because you’re awkward. Awkward people make me blush.”

“I’m awkward? Who spit sticky apple juice all over their guest?” I hit him again.

“Do you like hitting me? Do my muscles attract you?” He winked. I blushed… this seemed like a routine for us.

“I wouldn’t go that far. Besides, if you hadn’t saved my life I’m not sure I would even deal with your foolery.”

“If I hadn’t saved your life I would have never of realized how—did you just say ‘foolery’ what are you, forty?”

“Are you done asking rhetorical questions that I will not and will never answer?” It was my turn to smirk.

He let out a long exasperated sigh. “If I must.” He answered, smirking and leaning against the counter opposite of me, where the sink was. I felt his stare on me and it made me shift uncomfortably. Why was he staring at me out of everything?

“I should help you clean up your shirt.” I exclaimed, coming over beside him to the sink.

I caught a whiff of his scent. Woodsie. Along with some sort of cologne I couldn’t place. Along with a faint smell of apple juice from said embarrassing experience.

Though still exotic and completely enticing. I could even feel myself swooning.

“Here, give it to me and I’ll run it under some warm water, that should get out the stain.”

I stood waiting for him to lean over so his shirt could be accessible to the faucet. But no, of course he takes his shirt off completely.

I stared dumbfounded at his rippled abs and pecks and god knows what else to call the rest of his sexy body.

Oh god, I just called Colton Sparks sexy. Where’s that killer fridge when I need it?

Was I blushing? I was probably blushing… and staring. Oh god I’m staring.

“A-uhmm.” Colton cleared his throat, and I looked up to his face only to find a mock grin plastered to it. I looked away, taking the shirt from him and proceeding to run it under water.

It became silent for a little bit as Disney songs boomed from above, and I cleaned up the sticky shirt.

“What were you going to say before you asked me if I was like three times my age?” I asked innocently as I wringed out the shirt and laid it out to dry.

He didn’t answer at first, which made me turn around. “I was just saying if I hadn’t saved you, I would have never of realized what an amazing person you are.”

My breath caught suddenly. Tell me those words didn’t just come out of his mouth.

Me? Amazing? More so… me amazing to COLTON SPARKS? TAKE COVER! THE APOCALYPSE IS NEAR!!

His eyes locked onto mine for a split second and that’s all it took for me to get lost in them. His own eyes flickered from mine to my lips, and back again. That same weird feeling stirred in my stomach and I got really nervous. So nervous I didn’t even notice him place his hands on either side of me onto the counter. But I did notice when he leaned in towards me.

His shirtless, god-like body only inches away from mine, and his full lips moist and taunting closing in by the second.

The weird feeling roared inside me, taking over my senses, screaming from me to lean in as well, to kill the distance between us as if it had never been there. As if I had never moved away, like it had always just been him and me.

Right before I let go of everything and licked my lips to complete the oncoming kiss, the doorbell rang.

Colton sighed angrily, his head lowering. I threw my head back in frustration hoping he wouldn’t see.

That’s when it hit me.

I WAS ABOUT TO KISS COLTON SPARKS!

My whole body seemed to blush as the redness crawled it’s way across my whole face and up to the point of my ears.

I maneuvered my way out of his grasp and made my way to the door.

I opened the door only to be hit with a brick wall of guilt.

“Oh… Hey Blake.”

“Hey I was just wondering if you--.” He paused, sniffing the air and making a disgusted face.

He shuffled around me and came in before I could offer him inside.

“What is he doing here?” Blake’s tone dripped with hatred.

I expected an equally smart-ass remark from Colton, but Colton just balled his fists, and glared.

I thought I’d drown in the testosterone that was air-born right about now.

I couldn’t believe I almost cheated on my boyfriend. I was mortified; suddenly I prayed that Colton had something to attend to so that he would leave.

It’s like he read my mind. “I’ll pick up Melony later. Nice talking to you Shaylee.” He stated, in a voice that held no emotion, making me almost think I had dreamt the fact that we had almost kissed.

It was like it had never happened, the way he wasn’t fazed in the slightest bit.

He gathered his shirt and keys and brushed past Blake and I.

For some odd reason… when he went out the door… so did my good mood.

*******

Idk if you guys want me doing this, but i thought i'd put in what songs i'm listening to while i write the chapter.

Because many of you have asked what kind of music i like...so i guess here ya go.

The City is at War: Cobra Starship

Stupid Love Letter: The Friday Night Boys

Mr. Right: A Rocket to the Moon

Inside of You: The Maine.

OK. =) how's that grab ya. lol ew. i am in no way meaning it pervertedly. KEEP YO' MINDS OUTTA THE GUTTER. Before i sick flat stanley on you xD inside joke between my best friend and I, and flat stanley is a story about a boy who got flattened when a bulliten board fell on him, and supposedly he can now slip under doorway's and mail himself acorss the country. :O

HOW TALENTED IS HE!?? STUD! hahahaha. ahhh, that story makes me laugh. ok, i'm lame. we've clarified it. =) byeeee.