Status: 10 chapters

Can't Love a Werewolf, Without Getting Fleas.

Chapter 23.

Blake dropped me off at home and I thanked him.

I quickly grabbed the keys and went to the flower shop. After that I sped my way to the elementary school.

I sniffed the iris and smiled to myself. It was a white one this time. I hope he likes it.

I marched down the familiar cafeteria-smelling hallways, and into the classroom. I waved to a few of the teacher’s who stayed after school to work, on the way. To think my sister’s teacher just goes to sleep in the corner. Seriously, every time I pick her up, the teacher is fast asleep on her desk.

Colton was gathering his sister’s things, while the two girls talked when I entered the room.

“Shaylayy!” Lucy squealed. I smiled, and hugged both her and Melony.

“Let’s go Mels.” Colton’s voice was hard and emotionless above us.

I looked up at him to see his jaw tight, and his face like stone.

“Hey.” I smiled, even though he wasn’t looking at me.

He didn’t reply. Well that’s weird…

I pulled the flower out from behind my back.

“I uh.. bought this for you on the way over here.” I explained, hoping not to sound too creepy.

“Why?” He snapped.

I jumped a little at his rudeness. “Uh… well I signed up for the Art Show. So you’re constant whining was helpful in the end,” I paused as I chuckled a little. “The teacher almost didn’t let me sign up, because it was after school. But he did, except when I looked at the paper I had already been signed up. Go figure.”

I expected him to say SOMETHING, to fess up or maybe anything along the lines of a sarcastic remark, but nothing.

“Look. I knew it was you. So I went out, and bought you an iris this time. To inspire you to do good on your art piece too.”

“You shouldn’t have.” I ignored the hatred that seeped through his words.

“Well, I did so here.” I held it out more to him.

“No, I mean you really shouldn’t have. I don’t want it.” I blinked, once, twice, three times. Did he just say he doesn’t want it?

“What?” Was all I could say.

“Colton, don’t be a butthead!” Melony admonished.

“Not now Melony. Let’s go.”

I should have yelled at him, asked him what his problem was. But I didn’t. I felt crushed. I…I wanted to cry.

“Shaylee?” My sister said, reaching her small hand out to grab my own, as they walked out the door.

I wiped away a tear that had threatened to fall. “I’m fine. Do you want the flower.”

She frowned at me, and nodded. “It smells good.” She exclaimed, sniffing it.

“Thanks. I thought it did to.” I said as we exited the school.

*

I frowned as I stepped out of the shower. I couldn’t stop frowning. What was Colton’s problem??

One minute he goes all Sensei on me, to follow in his steps and sign up for the Art Show, and then switched bipolar like Dr. Jeckle, Mr. Hyde. WTF!

I snatched the dress out of the closet and laid it on my bed, when the doorbell rang. I felt kind of giddy. Why? I’m not quite sure. I usually never got excited about dances in New York. Mainly because I only knew Michael and Kara, and though they were entertaining, they were only two people. Not like now, where I know twelve of the most popular people in school. Plus the queen bitch would always steal away my dates, and that is nooooo fun.

“Shayylayy! Your pwetty fwiends are here!” Lucy called from downstairs. I quickly dropped my towel and grabbed a robe.

I shook out my wet locks as I hopped down the staircase. Leslie and Violet’s hair and makeup was all done up, and I gazed dreamily at them.

They. Looked. Drop. Dead. Gorgeous. I suddenly felt horrible in comparison with wet hair and a long pink robe.

“OH MY GOSH! You guys look amazinggg!” I gushed, looking at the dresses they had in their hands.

Leslie had a Black one.

Violet had a white one.

Hm…what was with them and black and white?

“You will soon enough.” Leslie wiggled her eyebrows.

“Should I be afraid?” I looked to Vi.

“Yes. Very.” I laughed.

“Follow me.”

I lead them up the steps soon after. “Your sister is adorable.” They admitted.

“Haha. I know. She’s a keeper.”

We entered my room and they dumped their things onto my bed and floor. I’d never seen so many accessories in my life! Hair things, and makeup brushes, and colors—lots of colors!

“Let’s get started, Violet go pick some tunes, Shaylee dry your hair woman!” Leslie commanded. Violet and me shared a look before we cracked up.

I hurriedly dried my hair… and when I say hurriedly, I mean my hair doesn’t dry worth a tinker’s darn.

When I came back out both girls were jumping all around in their dresses. All I could do was stare unbelievingly. They were just too pretty for their own good. I was right when I said they could make anything work for them.

Leslie’s dress was strapless and had tiny sequins on the chest, and flowed out slowly till the bottom. Her eyes smoky with gray and black eyeshadow.

Violet’s hooked around the neck and had a low back, with tiny swirls on it in silver. It was slim-fitting and lovely. Her eyes accented with a thin layer of white shadow above a thick line of eyeliner.

“Your dresses look awesome.” I complimented. They jumped, I guess not knowing I was standing here.

Break Your Heart by Tio Cruz was playing.

“Well, join us! Try on your dress.” Violet said, tossing me the clear dress bag covering the green fabric.

I laughed. “Ok, ok!” I raised my hands in surrender, wondering when this party was going to include me having fun, instead of me getting bossed around.

I shimmied into the dress and looked at myself in the mirror. Besides the crazy wild hair, the dress and the body looked like they belonged to someone else. Not me, not the ‘weed’ skinny, tall and awkward.

I walked out just as the song changed to Next Contestant by Nickelback.

“I love your music!” Violet yelled over the speaker as she looked at me, but then her face changed. Both their faces changed.

Their mouths dropped open and their eyes grew wide.

“What?” I questioned.

“Shaylee!” Leslie started.

“You look..” Violet began.

“Beautiful.” They said in unison.

“Guys, seriously? That’s corny.” I laughed at them, holding my stomach.

“Colton won’t be able to take his eyes off of you.” Violet prompted.

“Or hands.” Leslie snickered as Violet hit her in the arm.

“Omg. Why do you guys insist that he likes me?”

“BECAUSE HE DOES!” They screamed.

My face scrunched in confusion. “He definitely told me off today at the daycare?”

“Daycare?” Leslie questioned as she sat me down, and violet grabbed a curler.

“Our sister’s go to the same school.”

They mouthed an ‘O’.

“I’ve yet to meet his parents.” I admitted, wondering why I’ve never seen anyone but Colton picked up his sister. I highly doubt he wanted to spend everyday after school picking up a little six year old.

“Well…his mother works all day. Their father left them when they were really young, and he’s sort of a brother and fatherly-figure to his sister.”

I gulped. Great, now I felt bad for him. No wonder he drinks and smokes.

“That explains a lot.”

The two of them laughed. “Yeah, he really is a great guy though.” They assured me.

“Ouch.” I winced as they tugged at my hair.

“Oh, sush!” Violet peeped.

“MAKEUP TIME!” Leslie shouted.

I sighed as the song changed to “I Won’t Say I’m In Love” by Meg from Disney Channel’s Hercules.

“If there’s a prize, for rotten judgment.

I guess I’ve already won that.

No man is worth the aggravation—That’s ancient history

Been there, Done that!

---Who’d ya think ya kiddin’, he’s the earth and heaven too ya

Try to keep it hidden, hunny, we can see right through ya

Girl you can’t conceal it, we know how you’re feelin

And who you’re thinking of! --

Oh, no chance! No way! I won’t say it—no, no.

--You swoon, you sigh, why deny it, uh-oh.--

It’s too cliché I won’t say I’m in love.

(Shoo doo, shoo doo, oooooo)

I thought my heart had learned its lesson,

it feels so good when you start out,

My head is screaming: “Get a grip girl!”

Unless you’re dying to Cry. Your. Heart. Out!

--You keep on denying, who you are and how you’re feeling,

baby we’re not buying, hun we saw ya hit the ceiling,

face it like a grown up, when you gonna own up that you

Got. Got. Got it bad?—

Oh no. No chance! No way! I won’t say it—no, no.

--Give up, give in, check the grin your in love!---

This scene won’t play, I won’t say I’m in loooveee!

--Your doin flips, read our lips, you’re in love!—

Your way off base, I won’t say it (she won’t say it no.)

Get off my case, I won’t say it!

--Girl, go on, be proud, it’s ok.. you’re in love.---

Ooohhhh, at least out loud… I won’t say I’m in looooveeeeeeee.

--Sha la la la la la—ahhhhhhh.—

I fidgeted at the lyrics of the song. The whole time all my head was playing was me as Meg and Colton as Hurcules, the hero, twirling me around the dance floor. God, how embarrassing is that? He’d never dance with me.

Right?

Stupid head! Why do I never daydream of Blake? Colton must have poisoned my mind—that’s it!

“Ironic the song, huh?” Leslie smiled to me as she applied some eyeshadow that ‘matched my dress like crazy’.

“Huh?” I murmured through her pokes and prods.

“Your just like that girl; denying that your in love.”

“Shut up!” I flustered, my face darkening. Why must they keep this up??

“Good one!” I could hear a loud high-five behind my closed eyelids.

I groaned. “Why do you guys insist that Colton and I have some secret thing going on?!?”

“Maybe because you do!” Violet answered, as she pulled rather hard on my scalp.

Owwy….

“What’s it going to take for you two to stop?”

“We’ll stop…” Leslie paused, “When you two go out.”

“Hahahhahhahha!! Yeah, because that will happen!” I bursted into laughter.

“Your in denial. You probably dream about him, and think about him, and wonder what it would be like to kiss him.” Violet counted off.

Omg… I do.

My cheeks immediately went hot.

“Violet! Her cheeks are red! You do! You think about kissing him!”

“Shhhh!!!” I quieted them down.

“Your secret’s safe with us.” Leslie assured me.

I breathed. “Alright. So I do, but from here on out—we never speak of this again.”

They just laughed quietly to themselves.

“I can’t wait to say I told you so.” Leslie whispered.

“OMG! LET IT GO!”

“Fine. But guess what.”

“WHAT!?” I screamed exasperated.

“We’re done.”

I opened my eyes and immediately ran to the mirror, the two goones not far behind.

Holy shi—.

“Do you like it?” I couldn’t even describe myself properly. It was beyond any sort of thing I would have been able to do to myself, that’s for sure. My dress looked as if it fit me even better than it had before, with my hair pulled up into a weird-styled bun and my bangs delicately laid on top of my forehead.

But the first thing. The first things I saw were my eyes. My deep-set, shocking earth-green eyes. Outlined in green shadow that matched my dress, and accented with black eyeshadow. Plus my eyelashes were SUPER long, and I blinked a few times to make them flutter.

“Violet, my hair! How’d you even do that?? It looks professional.”

She smiled. “Yeah, well. I do what I can.” She breathed on her nails, before wiping them off on her shirt.

I laughed, and saw the slight lip-gloss on my lips as they pulled across to show teeth. “Leslie, my make up looks out of this world. I can’t even begin to understand how you could make my eyes pop so much.”

“Well, it helps when you’re gifted with unbelievably gorgeous eyes.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah. Sure.”

“Well, we better get going, we have to head back to Leslie’s place before we all go out to eat.” Violet instructed.

“You know, if you and Colton could just go out already, then you’d be the one eating with us, not that bimbo Tina.”

My heart stopped beating. “He’s going to the dance with her!?”

They winced at the level of my voice. I blushed immediately, realizing how much of my feelings I had just given away.

“Yeah, well you aren’t so free either Miss Blake Cunningham.” I swallowed hard. Yeah. I had a boyfriend, so why did I feel the need to claw Tina’s eyes out?

“Well. Just give her a hard time for me ok? Colton and I are friends, and I wouldn’t want her giving him an STD.” I backed myself up.

Phew... that was a close one.

“You and I both.” Leslie said, with her face twisted in disgust.

“Alright, bye!” I called out to them from the doorway as they drove off.

I struggled up the steps in the high heels Brooke bought me. Just as I went to grab my handbag, I passed something that caught my eye.

The anklet.

I sighed, staring at its fabric. Why couldn’t it be like that anymore? Like the old days, where everyone got a long…well as much as I know. At least Colton and I got along, so much so that nothing could separate us.

I squeezed my fists in slight anger at what the years had done to us. The doorbell rang and my nerves sprang upon me. That was them!

I quickly put on the anklet and made my way to the stairs.

“Oh! Goodie! Blake’s here!” My mother chanted as she opened the door.

“Ahh! Mrs. Turner!” Brooke’s voice echoed up to me.

I imagined many hugs were being exchanged right about now. “Shaylee’s upstairs, deary.” My mom stated. “Oh Blake…my you look ravishing!”

Of course my mom would semi-hit on my date. How embarrassing. I paced the floorboards as well as I could in this long dress, and wondered how people could ever walk in these things without stepping on them.

“Oh my god! Shaylee! You look so so beautiful!” I turned on my heels to a gorgeous Brooke. In a slender maroon dress, that fit her curves in all the right places. She looked better than all of us. Which made me feel ghastly, of course.

“Not as great as you.” I complimented as Rachel emerged in a flowy cotton black dress that’s straps draped down on the shoulders. Annie was wearing a light pink dress. A short one that looked kind of trampy. Figures.

“Wow, Shaylee, that dress looks awesome.” Rachel commented, and I had to do a double take. She never talks to me. Like ever.

“Yeah. You look… pretty good.” Annie shrugged. I smiled.

“Both of you look lovely as well.” I smiled.

Brooke leaned into me. “I can’t wait for Blake to see you.”

She floated down the stairs into the arms of Fredrick, and Rachel was Richey’s date. Annie brought along…wouldn’t you know.

Jason.

The thought that he asked me before he asked her made me smirk a little to myself.

As I took the first few steps down the stairs, Blake turned around from talking to my dad to look up at me.

His hair was styled in a sexy, messy kind of way so that it floated above his forehead on the left.

His eyes got big, and his mouth fell open. He looked funny staring at me like that.

I chuckled a little when I saw his green tie. Brooke knowingly smiled back at me, and I noticed she matched the color exactly.

“Y-you have beautiful eyes.” Blake mumbled lamely before blushing. I giggled to myself, kind of liking the attention.

He put his arm around me and we stepped outside so that Brooke’s parents and my parents could take some pictures.

Then we were off to the dance!

You could hear the bass pumping from like a mile away.

“I’m so excited to dance with you.” Blake whispered to me as people stared at us.

“Sucking up?” I questioned, jokingly.

He smiled. “Hey, if it gets me a dance with a beautiful girl, then sure.”

I laughed at him. “Save your moves for the dance floor.”

“Ok, ok.” He chuckled, kissing the side of my head. I had this bubbly excitement inside of me.

Everyone was dressed up. Boys in button downs and ties- most girls in long dresses, and only some in short ones.

As we entered the dark room the beat hit my body making it pulse to the rhythm. The feeling—absolutely magnificent.

“Wow.” I breathed, looking around the gym. The ceiling was hung with long sheets of cotton, and from it hung giant laminated, glowing snowflakes. In the middle of the room was a chandelier that gleamed almost like a disco ball, but not quite as scattered. Moving bodies supplied the wooden gym floor and a DJ was centered at the front of them all. Loud speakers were placed in each corner and to the side was a refreshment table. It had a clear substance, which looked like iced water in one bowl, and punch to the side of it. A beautiful snowflake ice sculpture was placed in the middle of the table, along with some cookies and M&M’s. It was pretty cool.

A sort of familiar song played on the speakers. I think it was “Closer” by Neyo.

“Shaylee I love this song! You and Blake come dance with us.” Brooke jumped up and down in excitement, and I nodded confused, more distracted by how the heck she could jump in her heels. I could barely walk for Christ’s Sake!

So… obviously I was never taught in the art of dance sex. Because that’s what it looked like Brooke was doing to Fredrick. Her butt was positioned on his…front side, and she was grinding all up on it. As Blake positioned himself behind me, my breath caught suddenly. I was going to have to dance sex? I rubbed my neck in awkward tension.

Blake obviously wasn’t feeling awkward in the slightest as he put his hands on my hips, barely squeezing my hipbones. He hovered on my backside, but wasn’t pressed hard against it. I gulped. Oh boy. Here goes nothing.

Then the beat picked up. “Closer” it whispered and for some reason everything got way more awkward, like I was suddenly aware of the lyrics. Blake moved back and forth to the music, and I tried to loosen up against him.

After about a minute of watching Brooke bit her lip as Fredrick groped her front side and me being pretty positive she moaned, I had had enough.

“Uh. I think I’m going to go get punch.” I smiled at Blake, heading off toward the punch table.

***

the other chapter should be up in a jiffy! :D yay for me! two updates! thanks to all who have commented my journal and such! i appreciate it!

Songs:

Dance with the Devil - Breaking Benjamin

The Webs we weave - Escape the Fate

Situations- Escape the Fate

THE WHOLE ALMOST ALICE SOUNDTRACK! IT ROCKS :D

but mainly all time low's song...i admit. i got addicted to it. lol

Animal - Kesha

Break your heart- Tio Cruz

Closer- Neyo

I Won't Say I'm in Love - Meg from the disney movie Hercules. hahah i love this song! i know every word, i had to put it in the chapter xD
♠ ♠ ♠
RATE AND COMMENT PLEASEEE :D