Status: Not quite done...not even close

The Saphire

Chapter 3

It all happened in a flash. One second i was sitting on a chair. The next i am being strapped down to a stretcher.
"Let go of me!!!!!" I screamed at Paul and Mike.
"We need to do this." Paul said latching me down.
"For your own safety as much as our's." Mike added.
I calmed myself.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because when you will go through the transformation you are going to thrash around. You could hurt yourself." Mike said strapping the last strap.
"But i won't do that. I am different remember?"
"You are different which is why we have to be extra careful."
I groaned and tugged against the latches.
"You wont be able to get out of that." Paul laughed.
"Out!" I ordered.
"Fine. Fine." He said holding his hands up. "Besides i got a raid to go to. See ya beautiful." Paul said giving me a kiss on the cheek.
I stuck my tongue out at him. He walked out laughing.
I heard Mike suppressing a laugh.
"What?" I asked.
"You guys are head over heels." Mike said fixing up the room.
"Are not! He's a nasty vampire. Also i have just met him."
"Thanks. But wasn't the ball today?"
"Yeah i just came from it."
"That would explain the dress."
"Yeah."
"What happened?"
"You didn't get to go?"
"No, i am not a official."
"Oh, sorry. Well nobody recognized me. I danced with Paul and Jason. Though they didn't know it was me and Paul was hitting on me."
Mike began laughing again.
"What did Paul mean by 'raid'?"
Silence.
"Mike?"
"A raid is when they go looking for runaway humans. There are still some human sightings so we have to go look for them."
"Oh." I said softly. I relaxed and calmed down.
"Um...Bliss. Did anyone bite you since you got here?"
"Why?" I asked.
"Because your blood work came back with another vampire's venom and that could be what triggered your early transformation. I also need to know what vampire because i am not sure or not but you may die if you don't drink his blood."
"A vampire didn't bite me." I said firmly.
"We can do this the easy way or the hard way. The easy way is you tell me. I will call that vampire in and only the three of us will know of the exchange or we can do more testing and see a vampire's venom is like a human's DNA it is very unique. After the testing i will make sure Jason and Paul find out about this."
"Only the three of us will know?"
"See told you there was a vampire that bit you. And yes."
"Do you promise?"
"Yes i promise."
I waited a few moments.
"You have to promise me that this vampire won't be allowed near the building were they hold human children."
"I promise."
I still waited.
"It is...I don't know his last name."
"First name is fine."
"...Adam."
Mike gasped.
"Although i shouldn't be surprised it is Mike."
Mike picked up the phone and dialed.
"Hello? Yes is Adam there?" He asked the person on the other line.
They were talking very fast and i could tell that they were very irritated.
"I don't care if he's busy or not. This is very important."
He waited for a response.
"It has to do with President Jason."
There was silence and then i believe i heard apologizes.
"It's fine. Just tell him to meet Jason in the Hospital up the road. The second floor third room on the left."
They were talking much slower now. I could make out a few words. "Yes...Adam...Very sorry..."
"It's ok. Just make sure he gets here. And fast. Thank you. Bye." He hung up. "It seems as though there is a rush going on." He said turning to me.
"What happened?" I asked.
"Well it seems some of the...younger humans escaped and there were older humans waiting for them."
I cocked my head. Good for the humans, they need a break but if they get caught it would really suck for them because i don't think vampires go for the whole second chance thing.
I went back to relaxing. Mike had slid me behind a curtain so that Adam wouldn't see me when he first walked in.
"Mike?" Adam asked. "Where's Jason?"
I heard a door close and lock. Then i heard growling.
"Whoa. Whoa calm down."
"Why. Am. I. Here." He said making every word a sentence.
"Because of this." Mike said pulling the curtain back.
"Bliss?" Adam asked.
I had a short nervous laugh.
"Hi. Guess what? I am turning into a vampire."
"What?!" Adam asked.
"Well it turns out..." Mike explained the long story to Adam. Then he told Adam that i needed to drink his blood and that he knew that Adam drunk my blood. But thank God he included he wasn't telling anyone.
"So we have to do sort of like a Blood exchange?" Adam asked.
"Sort of." Mike said.
"Sure." He said shrugging."Her blood was worth it."
Adam stuck his wrist in front of my mouth.
"Go ahead. Bite down."
"Don't! I wouldn't." Mike said.
"She's already bit me. I know what it feels like."
I bit down and hard. The blood oozed into my mouth but this time i drank. And drank and drank. It tasted wonderful. They actually had to pull Adam's wrist from my mouth and that wasn't easy. Almost tore off his arm.
It barely took five minutes for IT to happen.
It was completely silent until a low growl began to grow louder. It took me a little bit to realize it was m making that noise. Then i began thrashing and pulling against the straps and latches that held me in place. I began screaming. The pain was so intense. It not only burned but it felt like heavy-weight lifters were pounding me down with sledge hammers. I had NEVER felt anything like that.
I heard the straps rip but i was no longer in control of my body. My vision was blurry, my hearing was muted, my taste was bland, my touch was numb and i smelt nothing what-so-ever.
I heard loud screams but they weren't only from me. I heard four different voices. Only one of them wasn't yelling.
Then my body stopped thrashing and i fell limp.
I began counting my heart beats. They were slowing down.
One. Two. Three..Four..Five.. Six.. Seven.. Eight... Nine...Ten...Eleven...Twelve...Thirteen...Fourteen...Fifteen...Sixteen...Seventeen....
It continued like that four what seemed to be hours. But then it just stopped.
Silence. There was no noises. I gasped for air. My lungs fell flat. Then my heart restarted. But it was speeding softly. It was beating faster than it has ever. There were no more lungs and i believe i was missing some more organs but i didn't care. I just wanted to wake up. I was tired of sleep. I wanted to see...somebody's face. There was somebody craving to see. But....i didn't know who.
I didn't know who i was. I only knew what came natural. Like breathing...but i didn't need to. I tried to remember how to move my limbs. I tried to twitch any part of me.
I heard somebody suck in air quickly. I believe it was a gasp.
I heard four hearts beating-not including my own. One of them move in pace with mine but the other's were slightly slower. The faster one was female and the slower ones were male.
I don't know how i knew this, i just did.
My eyes opened slowly.
"Bliss? Keke?" A voice asked. I looked for the source. It was a male. He had golden blonde hair that was short. He had glowing red eyes and he was...cute.
But he frightened me and i tried to move away from him since he was leaning over me but i couldn't move. I was tied down. I squirmed.
"Bliss?" He asked again
Who was this Bliss he spoke of?
"Keke?" He asked.
"I...don't..know...who." I tried to say. But my voice was faint. I couldn't remember anything besides what's natural. I didn't know any faces or names.
"Don't you remember me?" He asked.
I shook my head.
"Do you remember your name?" He asked
I shook my head again.
"Mike, untie her." The blonde ordered. A man with reddish blonde hair came up and untied me. I was frozen for a moment. Then i jumped up an flew to the back of the room.
The way i moved was inhuman. I was fast and quick. I was flexible and strong to. I could feel it.
There were four of them. A beautiful short, woman. She had very dark hair. The blonde and the guy with reddish blonde hair-i believe his name was Mike- were the closest. The female and a man with brown hair kept their distance. They all had red eyes.
"Is she suppose to lose her memory?" The blonde asked.
"I don't know. I told you she was going to be different. I have never seen anyone act that violent during the change." Mike answered.
The blonde looked worried. Very worried.
"Who...are..." I couldn't finish the sentence. I just pointed at the blonde.
"I am Jason. Your older brother."
"Brother?" I asked.
He nodded. I nodded my head towards the other people.
"That is Mike." He said pointing at the man with reddish blonde hair. "That is Azimah." He said pointing at the girl. "And that is Paul." He said pointing at the brunette.
"And...me? I asked.
"You are Bliss."
"What...am...I?"
"A vampire."
"Vampire?" I touched my teeth. There were fangs on them.
"Yes, we all are."
"How old am...i?" Speaking was coming a lot easier now.
"Sixteen. In human years."
"If you are my...brother. Then...who are they?" I asked pointing at the others.
"Mike is your doctor and Paul and Azimah are your friends."
Thats when my throat began burning. I screamed and dropped to the ground. I wrapped my hands around my throat. It burnt so bad i was about to claw my throat out. I felt my warm blood began to ooze out of my throat where my nails were.
"Bliss stop!" Jason said as he pried my hands from my neck.
"But it burns!" I screamed.
"Its supposed to. It means your thirsty."
"Thirsty?"
"Yeah."
"For what?"
"Blood."
"Blood?"
"Yes. I told you you were a vampire."
"What does blood taste like?"
"Well. You'll have to see for yourself." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me up.
"Where are you going to take her?" Asked the man called Paul.
"To the feeding station."
"Are you crazy? Do you know what that will do to her? She barely remembers a thing. Do you know how much the feeding station will scare her?"
"You have a point. I didn't think about it that way. I'm sorry."
Paul seemed to care about my well being.
"We will take her back to her room and bring a human there."
"But which one?"
"We will talk about this later."
Paul nodded.
"Let's just take her to her room." Jason said pulling me close to him in and embrace. I didn't let go of him even as we entered a car. I was being held in a hospital, it was very large.
Jason, Paul and i sat in the back. I sat in between both of them. Azimah sat in the passenger seat and Mike drove. We drove to a big white house. It looked more like a giant museum.
Azimah and Mike said goodbye. Paul and Jason walked me into the giant house and to a bedroom that was red, gold and black.
"I live here?" I asked looking around the room.
"Yes. Now you need to wait here. Paul and i are going to go somewhere for a moment." Jason.
"No!" I yelled as i wrapped my arms around Jason. "Don't leave me. Please." I begged looking into his eyes.
"Fine. Fine I wont. Just give me a moment to speak to Paul." He said gently pulling my arms from around him. I sat over on the monstrous bed.
They began whispering so softly that i couldn't even here anything they were saying. I played with the soft sheets. Thats when i looked down and noticed i was wearing a dress.
I stood up and walked to the mirror. It was three mirrors in one. The two to on the sides were pushed out to i could see the dress from almost every angle. I spun and the dress spun with me. It looked so beautiful.
Thats when i heard them suppressing their laughter. I stopped and looked at them. They were trying their hardest not to laugh.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing." Paul said smiling. "Well i will be back in a few minutes." Paul said as he hugged me. Then he walked out.
"What my favorite color?" I asked sitting down.
"Purple."
"Why?"
"Because that was my favorite color."
"Oh. What happened to our mom?"
"Well when vampires first took over the world both of our parent's were killed by a very mean vampire."
"Who was that?"
"The one who made me a vampire."
"Oh. Who made me a vampire?"
"Well, see you are a very special vampire. It was your blood that made you into a vampire. It was in your DNA."
"Nobody helped me?"
"Well, this vampire named Adam sort of helped."
"Do i know Adam well?"
"Not really, actually you don't like him that much."
"Why?"
"Cause he's very mean."
i leaned into Jason's chest.
"Can vampires sleep?"
"Yes. But we don't have to, at least not for a very long time."
"Why?" i asked again. I felt like a little child.
He just shrugged.
"Am...I annoying you?" I asked.
"No. Trust me you're not. I missed you very much."
"Why did you miss me?"
"Because we were separated for a very long time."
"Why?"
"Because you had refused to become a vampire and ran away from all vampires. But then you finally came back to me." He said putting a lock of my hair behind my ear.
"Oh."
"You actually hated me when you first came here."
"How could i hate you?"
He shrugged.
"You just did."
That's when Paul walked in. He had his arm wrapped around a young girl. She had dark hair that reached her waist.
"Bliss this is Catalyn" Her name was pronounced Cattlelyn.
"Hi." I said waving.
"This is a vampire?" The girl asked. I felt hurt.
"Why do you ask that?" Jason said.
"Well, she. She has the beauty, grace, the red eyes and everything that a vampire has. But, she seems kind. Jason don't take offense i just mean...i don't know." She was scared of them.
I smiled as i felt my fangs grow. They were long. I could feel it.
Catalyn along with Paul and Jason gasped.
"What?" I asked. I heard a high pitch voice. I think my voice had a innocence in it.
"Y-your fangs. I have never seen fangs that long." Jason said.
"But remember she did have those sharp teeth." Paul said rubbing a spot on his chest.
"S-s-s-she's g-going t-to b-bit me with those?" Catalyn asked.
"Yes." Jason and Paul stated.
"Sit down next to me, please?" I asked.
She came over. She did as i said and sat next to me.
"How long have you been..."
"A feeder?" I nodded. "Two years."
I smelled her neck.
"You know what to do right?" Paul asked.
I shot him a look. I was seeing something and he interrupted it. The look shocked him and i heard Jason laugh.
I turned back and smelled her neck again.
"Give me your wrist." I said moving me nose from her neck.
She brought it up.
"This will hurt." I warned her. She tensed up.
I brought my nails up and cut a small slit in her wrist. I smelt the blood again. Even though i was thirsty my body rejected her. It knew that there was something wrong with her.
"Catalyn, was your blood tested?"
"Yes." Paul answered. "Everyone's is."
"Well either you missed her or a vampire that bit her gave her a blood virus because her blood is unclean."
"What?!" Jason asked standing up.
"My body completely rejects her blood. There is something deadly in her blood. It hasn't been there long but it could kill us."
"Paul. Get her out of here. Now!" Paul yanked the girl up and pulled her out of the room. "Let me get you a donor. Please." Jason begged.
"Fine. But don't be gone long." I hugged him and he left. I was alone in the room.
I didn't like being alone. It felt weird.
There was a soft knock on the door.
"Jason? Paul?"
"Nope." A women said walking in. She had chin length light brown hair. It was very curly.
"Who are you?"
"Vicki. I am a friend of Jason's."
"Did he send you?"
"No."
"Then why are you here?" I asked standing up. I didn't like the feeling i was getting from her.
"To kill you. See i am Jason's and Jason is mine."
"Try." I said motioning her forward. My body was ready for a fight. It begged for a fight.
She lunged forward but i dodged. I was faster than her. But she got me across the face with her nails.
I hissed and bit down onto her arm. She screamed because my teeth slid right through her arm and i nearly tore it off. She got blood all over the floor. I pulled my teeth from her arm.
"See what you did? You got blood all over this nice carpet." I decked her right in the face and she went down. I dug my high-heel into her stomach. "How old are you?" I asked.
"Three years." She gasped then spit on my shoe.
I dug the heel deeper.
"You really should pick on people your own age. Maybe then somebody younger than you wouldn't be showing you up. Now if you don't want Jason to go crazy and kill you, you might want to leave."
"Jason would never choose you over me."
"Well lets find out. I can hear him down the hall." I pulled my heel from her chest. The was a giant wound and she was bleeding again.
I sat on the bed and waited. Seconds later as she was standing up Jason walked in.
"Whats going on?" He asked letting go of a human girl he had been holding onto.
"She attacked me out of nowhere! I came here to talk to her. To try to become her friend and she went crazy. Jason she's overprotective of you." Vicki screamed.
"Bliss, is that what happened?"
"Nope." I said jumping off the bed.
"Then what happened?"
I shrugged. I didn't feel like telling on her. It seemed childish and it would embarrassing for her.
"Tell me, Bliss."
"It's not important."
"Its not important?! There is blood all over the room. Of course it's important."
"I am just thirsty. Can we drop the subject? I want to drink."
"Fine. Vicki leave. Now." Vicki started to walk away but Jason grabbed her arm. He whispered softly into her ear. I don't think i was supposed to hear it but i did. "I will be talking to you later. If you ever try to lay a finger on her i will make sure you don't take another breath." He roughly let go of her and she walked off.
"Can vampire's cry?" I asked out of random.
"Yes. But not a lot. Most of our tears are either clear or a light pink. They are only red if we feasted a lot before we cried."
I nodded and looked at the girl. I leaned in and smelt her neck. She had clean blood. My fangs grew and i carefully slid them into her neck. The blood began to gush out. I pulled her close to my body. She didn't speak at all.
I wanted all the blood i could squeeze from her but Jason pulled her away.
"I want more. I said looking at him.
He smiled. He was proud of something.
"My little monster." I heard him whisper as he walked out of the room. He came in later with another girl. I believe he brought in a lot of humans that night. But i had drunken from at least twenty.
"I still want more." I said as he came back without a human.
"Sweetie, you drank way to much. I have never seen a vampire drink that much at one time."
"But i feel so...so...wonderful." I said as i spun. I slid my shoes off. " I wanna go on the roof." I said looking at him with sheer joy. I was so happy but i didn't know why.
"Fine." He lead me out the door and to an elevator.
"No." I said looking a the elevator. I pointed to the stairs.
He laughed.
"Of course."
It took us seconds to walk the stairs.
"I wanna do something fun." I said looking over the edge of the house.
"Like?"
I took another step closer to the edge.
"I don't know. How high of a fall can a vampire survive form?"
"I don't know. Never tested that theory."
One more step closer. My toes were over the edge. I should easily fall if i was unbalanced but i wasn't so it would take a train to move me. That is if i didn't want to move.
But i did. I wanted to jump from the edge of this roof. I wanted to land on my feet and appear graceful to anyone looking. It was nighttime now but i know everyone could see me very easily.
"Wait, Bliss what are you thinking?" He asked. Jason was at my side in a second.
"i wanna jump." I stated looking down.
"No!" He said firmly.
But it didn't matter the plan was already formed. I moved my body quickly backwards away from Jason and then i took that step off. Jason was to slow to catch me.
The ground came to me slowly and i landed with perfect grace. The balls of my feet absorbed all of my weight. I loved the feeling of the grass on my bare feet. I was in complete bliss.
Jason rushed to me. He pulled me tight to him.
"What is wrong with you?" He asked through my hair.
I shrugged and pulled him closer. It felt both right and wrong to be in his arms. It was like he wasn't my older brother...but...but not a lover but...we had a bond that was more than the simple brother and sister bond. I know to some people that its wrong and your first reaction would be to gag but he felt right. I loved him more dearly than anything.
We were walking back into the house. Our hands were interlocked. That's when Paul ran up to us.
"Jason, they found more runaways. We need all the help we can get. There are a lot of them. More than we ever guessed."
"How many?"
"More than a hundred. All between the ages of three and thirty. About, but we aren't sure."
"Runaway what?" I asked.
"Humans." Jason answered. He turned to me. "I have to go."
"I wanna go to." I said.
"You can't." Paul said.
"But you said you would need all the help you could get."
"She is good at smelling out blood." Jason said.
"Jason its your call." Paul.
"You can go." I smiled. "Now go to your room and change into some dark clothes. I will be there in a little bit."
" 'Kay." I stretched up and kissed him on the cheek and bolted for my room. I found a long sleeve shirt that was black and it came short on my stomach and had was low cut. I also found a pair of dark blue jeans that were tight but fit me very well.
` I pulled on high rising boots. They were high-heeled but very easy to walk in.
There was a soft knock.
"Come in." I said as i pulled my hair up in a pony tail. "How do i look?" I asked Jason as i turned around to him.
"Wonderful. Here you will need these." He gave me rope, tape, a knife, a small pistol, a walkie-talkie and a small backpack that went on my back. I slid the knife in one boot. I put the rope and the tape in the backpack.
"Where are the humans?"
"Everywhere. Just promise me you wont hurt yourself."
"I promise." I said smiling.
A group of us. I knew Paul, Jason, Vicki and i met Adam (apparently i already knew him), Lily, Emily, Jack, Nate, Scott and Rick.
We went to a lifeless place.
"Spread out. Remember don't call out if you find a human. Just tie them up and Emily, Vicki, and Rick will watch them. They will be right here." I went with Jason. We snuck around the side of a building and listened.
I didn't know why we were being careful. We were vampires. There was no way they could beat us.
I smelt the air. I caught wonderful scent of blood.
"Jason. I smell something." I whispered.
"What? Where?"
"North of here." I followed the scent. But then i took off towards it. I actually left Jason behind. While still running i pulled the tape and rope from the bag. I came up quick behind the two humans and taped up their mouth then tied their legs. Then their arms.
Jason ran up to me.
"You need to slow down."
"Did i do good?" I asked.
"Yes you did. Now i need to take them to Vicki." He lifted the two humans up easily over his shoulder. "Stay here."
I wait. Then i saw a human child. It was out of the corner of my eye. I didn't like the feeling i was getting. I pulled the pistol close to my body to hide it as i slowly walked closer to the girl.
"Mommy Keke?" The girl asked.
"No." I said simply.
"It is you. Mommy. They took Nicky away." She cried.
"i don't know who you are." I said confused.
"Mommy? You don't remember me? It's me Emily. Remember you have been with me since i was two? Remember?"
"No." My head was hurting.
"Emily!" Somebody cried as the pulled Emily back.
"No, wait it's Mommy." She cried.
"That's not your mommy anymore." She said. She left.
My head hurt. It was pounding. It felt like something was trying to find it's way out. It hurt so bad that i was laying against the wall curled in a ball when Jason found me.
As Jason touched my shoulder the headache went away and i stood up quickly.
"Are you alright?" Jason asked.
"Yeah, i just got a headache."
"A headache? How?"
"Well this little human girl. she came up to me calling me 'Mommy Keke' but i didn't know her. Do you?" I asked looking at him.
"What was her name?"
"Emily."
"No." He said shaking his head.
"It doesn't matter. It's over with. Lets find some more humans." I smiled.
I caught about twenty of them. Jason caught about twenty too. Our group all together caught eighty-eight humans. Nobody knew where they came from or how they hid from us vampires for so long.
I was still thinking of the little girl as we walked home. Something about the paleness of her eyes seemed familiar.
Suddenly i was afraid. Of what? I had no idea. But the fear rose and fell a lot that night. I had fallen asleep with my head laying on Jason's lap.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I ran. I knew they were coming. I feared them more than anything else. Those monsters. They had taken my mother and my father from me. I refused to admit that they had taken my Jason. There was no way.
Thats when i slammed into somebody. The fear drained my blood from my face. They would enjoy that though wouldn't they?
"Y-your human." He said looking down at me.
"You are too?" I asked standing up.
"I didn't know there were other's." Thats when Emily's head peeked from behind my hair. I was holding her on my back. I had found her when i looked through one of the houses looking for food. She was hiding in a cabinet. Luckily for her they hadn't checked that house. "Listen, there is a group of us. Come with me. I will show you."
I couldn't believe i found more human's. Emily was the only human i had known for almost three months. We went out during the day because thats when most of them would be dormant I could also see better during the day. Thats when they normally fed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am eleven. I'm not supposed to know these things. I am not supposed to go through these things. It was their fault. Those beautiful monsters. I never want to be beautiful again. I took a knife and cut my hair. I cut it very short. I took the knife and sliced up my legs and arms. I almost dug the knife into my face when Denny walked in.
"What are you doing Keke?" he asked pulling the knife from my hand.
"I don't want to look pretty. I want to be ugly. I don't want to be anything like those monsters!" I said as i begun to cry.
"You will never be anything like them. You are pretty but you aren't evil. You took Emily, Nick and Garette under your wing. You are nowhere near anything like them. Now are you going to do this ever again. Because if you do you are not only hurting yourself. But you are hurting us because now you have open wounds and they are bleeding. That could attract a vampire to us." Denny spoke. Denny was the leader of us. He was so smart and handsome. Though he was twenty and i was eleven i found him very attractive.
"I am sorry Denny. i wasn't thinking."
"Now go to Kate and patch yourself up." He said patting my head.
"Okay Denny."
I was glad that i never scarred.

We used my sharp teeth for many things. It also saved us from a vampire once. I was thirteen and there were seventeen of us. The vampire came out of nowhere and grabbed me. He was going to turn in our group so i turned and bit him.
I killed him actually. But i never counted it as a murder. He was human, he wasn't even alive, although blood did come from his wounds. It was the first time most of us have seen a vampire up that close.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was afraid. Denny was gone. They took him away. We were falling apart. There is barely half our number left and they are all young and inexperienced. I was about fourteen i believe. We were running and running. We never stop anymore.
The children grow so tired. We might even lose them but we can't. They are the future of mankind, if we lose them we lose the war.

I woke up. What a strange series of dreams. I reached around the bed looking for Jason. It was dark. I had slept for more than a day.
What did my dreams mean? Who was this Keke? Thats little girl was in my dreams too.
I felt sad. Jason was taken from me.
But he was right here right?
"Jason?" I asked.
No reply. I began to panic. I reached farther.
"Jason?" I asked again.
"Yes?" He asked opening the door. A bright light streamed in. I flung off the bed and tackled him.
"They didn't take you." I cried.
"Who are there?" He asked standing back up.
I stopped and thought.
"I don't know."
He laughed.
"I was having a dream that they took our mom and dad but i didn't want to think that they took you."
"Tell me about your dream." He said sitting down on the bed. I sat next to him.
"Well it was more than one. It flashed from dream to dream. It was about this human named Keke. In the first part of the dream i was running from something. I was really scared to. I was afraid they were going to catch me. I ran into somebody. At first i thought he was one of them but he was human. I think his name was Denny. I had a little girl with me during that time.
"She looked a lot like the little girl i saw when we went to hunt the humans. He showed me a lot more humans. I thought that they had all died but i was wrong. Then the next dream was about the human Keke again but she was in a dark place lit by a candle and she was looking into a mirror. She said she was eleven. She was cursing herself for being beautiful so she took a knife and cut her long hair away. Then she took the knife and bean to slice into her arms and legs. She cut them all up. She was about to cute up her face when the man Denny came in and yelled at her.
"He said something about taking three children under her wing and the vampires being able to smell her blood."
I looked up at Jason and his face was hard.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing." He said patting my arm. "Just continue."
"Okay." I said doubtfully. "Well the next dream was about the girl Keke being grabbed by a vampire and she began to bite him. She killed him actually. But it never hurt her feelings because she hated vampires deeply.
"The last dream was...she was really scared again. Her Denny was gone, they took him." I was staring off into space now. "Her whole group was falling apart and they barely had half of her group left. She was fourteen at this time. She was worried about the children growing tired and dieing or being left alone. She said that they were their only future and without them mankind would die."
I looked at Jason again but this time he was looking right at me. He pulled me close into a tight embrace.
"Who is the human Keke?" I asked staring into his red eyes.
"I don't know." He answered. I felt as though he was hiding something from me.
"What does our mom and dad look like?" I asked
"Well our dad had very dark hair. Black with a blue shine. He had bright blue eyes. We all did. He had a slight tan but his skin wasn't dark at all but it wasn't pale either. The same with our mom. She has very very light hair, almost white. She was so beautiful. Our parents were madly in love with each other. They cared for each other and us very deeply."
"If dad had really dark hair and mom had really light hair how did we get golden blonde hair."
He shrugged.
"Who do we look like most?"
"We look like both. You and me are like twins. Now we are even the same age. We have always looked the same. We are a perfect mix of our parents. We got all of our best features. They were models to. Our parents were perfect."
"They never fought?"
"No. The only thing that people would find wrong was that they cared for us very deeply. They were very overprotective. Actually our parents would never tell us scary stories. Actually the one thing they completely refused to talk about was vampires."
"Thats kind of ironic don't you think?"
"Yeah it is."
"Did we have any other family?"
"I think we had grandparents and i think mom had a brother and dad had a sister but they wouldn't let us any where near them. We never visited, we never called. But they called, sent cards, they even tried to visit once but our parents wouldn't let them in."
"I wonder why."
He shrugged.
"How long did i sleep?"
"Only a day and a half. You are most likely going to go to sleep again for a while." He was right. I was feeling tired again. He laid back on the bed and i laid my head on his chest.
"Tell me about me."
My favorite color was purple, my favorite stone was a Saphire, my favorite flower were red lilies, i loved the taste of blackberries, i hated cherry medicine, i was never allergic to anything, i spent all my time with Jason when we were younger and i never seemed to get sick.
I did fall asleep though.

"Please?!" I begged. I didn't want him to leave me.
"Fine you can come but don't pick on my friends ok?" Jason said pinching my cheeks. I was nine and he was fourteen.
I know he would have never left me behind but just the thought of it scared me almost to death. He was the only thing that my heart could care for. I loved my parents of course but Jason was my world.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Keke, Mom, Dad! Come here! Quick." We all rushed to the living room. I had just turned eleven.
"What is it?" I asked as i sat next to Jason on the couch.
"Listen to the news." He said turning up the volume.
"This is a women name Mary-Anne. She says she has something to tell us." Said the announcer.
"Hi i am Mary-Anne and i am a pure blood vampire. Not one of those fake fans that pretend and drink blood to make me feel good." Said a beautiful women. She had short copper hair and red glowing eyes. She had a pale color and wasn't big. She was maybe five-four.
The announcer laughed.
"Would you like a demonstration?" Asked the so called vampire.
"Just don't drink my blood." He said laughing.
The girl took a pole that was by her, ripped it right from the wall and bent it in half within seconds. Then she kicked a whole through the wall and began to actually climb the walls. She jumped from the ceiling and landed perfectly on her feet.
The announcer didn't speak. His mouth was hanging open.
"Is that good or would you like to hear me growl?" She asked smiling. She was showing these long canine teeth. Her fangs. "We all decided we should tell humans that they aren't the only creatures out there. Most of those legends about us aren't true. We don't burn at the touch of a cross or the sun. A steak through the heart wont kill us either."
Thats when My dad shut the T.V. off.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Jason! Don't leave me! I don't want to go!" I screamed as Jason hugged me.
"Keke, i will come back for you and so will mom and dad. We are just going to go find more humans. We have to leave you because it is safest here." We were in a bunker and hidden from all vampires. "Remember if we don't --which we will-- come back in two weeks leave this place." Jason said letting go of me. He kissed my forehead.
I said goodbye to my mom and dad.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They never came back. I left and was alone. I missed Jason. I was utterly and completely alone. Nobody would care for me or love me ever again. I would never be any help to anyone. I was doomed to be caught by a vampire and be eaten alive. Why did this happen? Why?

I felt the tears pour down my cheeks but i never awake.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was running. So many pretty colors. Jason had just ran ahead of me. We were playing hide-and-go-seek. It was my fourth birthday.
"I gonna sniff you out!" I warned him.
We were in a field like thing that was filled with so many wild flowers. I dropped beneath the flowers and stopped moving and listened. I heard a rustle in the woods and ran for it.
"Found you!" I screamed as i jumped on something i thought was Jason.
I screamed. It was a bear. I tried to run away but it grabbed my back leg. I fell.
"Jason!" I screamed as it pulled me back. I bit it's paw and it let go. I ran and ran and ran. I felt warm liquid running down my leg but i just ran for Jason. I tripped over something and looked back.
"Oops, you found me." Jason laughed.
I began to cry.
"Keke whats wrong?" He looked down at my leg. He gasped.
He had carried me all the way home.

I stretched and awoke.
Jason wasn't there. I changed my clothes. I put on a pair of denim short shorts, a tank top and the boots back on, they reached up to my knees.. I brushed my hair and had it hung long.
I believe that Jason did know that human. Why would i dream about them together to much if he didn't?
I shook my head.
"They're just dreams, Bliss." I said to myself.
I didn't know if i was allowed to leave or not but Jason never said anything. So i just walked out of the room. I walked down the halls. I explored the are but soon became bored. I wanted to do something that created a thrill.
But what would that be? I had no idea where Paul and Jason were so i couldn't ask them. But i did remember were Mike's office was. And i knew a person that would be able to give me a thrill.
I walked to Mike's office. It was daytime and there actually weren't that many vampires out. I knew vampires weren't affected by the sun but i guess most of them didn't like being in it.
I walked up to a desk were a older looking female vampire sat.
"Excuse me. Is Mike in today?" I asked.
"Which Mike? The human doctor, the vampire doctor, the blood supplier?"
"I don't know."
"What does he look like?"
"Well he has reddish blonde hair, about five nine, looks about twenty-two."
"Oh, yeah he is in the office on the third floor. Fourth room on the right when you first come out of the elevator."
"Thank you." I said before i left.
I followed her directions and they led me to a close door. I knocked.
"I am with a patient. Who is it?" Mike's voice asked.
"Bliss." I said softly.
"Hold on."
I heard him speaking to a young vampire. He was younger than me i believe.
"Come in." He said.
I slowly opened the door and walked in.
"What can i help you with?" He asked smiling. The male vampire was frightened and stared at me with wide red eyes.
"I was wondering if you had some way i could speak to Adam."
"Why would you want to speak to Adam?" He asked. He was beginning to look worried.
I shrugged.
"I just need something to do."
"Well i can give you the number to his work but i don't know if they will let him go." Mike said picking up the phone. He dialed a number and handed the phone to me. "Just press send."
I did as he said and the phone began to ring.
"Hello?" Answered a male voice.
"Yes is Adam..."I looked at Mike.
"Sckent." He whispered.
"Is Adam Sckent there?" I asked.
"Yes, and who is this speaking?"
"Bliss."
"Bliss who?"
I looked at Mike again. I didn't even know my last name. He shrugged.
"Whats Jason's?" I whispered.
"Lonkin." He said back.
"Bliss Lonkin." I spoke into the phone.
"Ok, i will get him."
There was silence on the other end of the phone and i waited.
"Bliss?" Adam asked as he picked up the phone.
"Yeah."
"What do you want?" He asked laughing.
"I need something fun to do. I am bored out of my mind."
"Where are you?" He asked.
"Mike's office at the hospital."
"Okay, i will be there in five minutes. See ya."
"Bye." I hung up the phone and gave it Mike.
"Cant believe they let him go."
"What does he do?"
"He controls part of the human population."
"Oh."
Mike went back to working with the vampire while i watched. All he did was ask him questions, told him what he was and tried to find out what job he wanted to do.
Adam came and we left in his car. GT 500 Shelby Cobra, silver with blue strips.
"So what exactly do you want to do?" He asked.
"I don't know. Something fun."
"Depends what you consider fun."
"Something reckless."
"I can do that."
We drove to a bar. It was called Vampire Outlaw.
"This is a bar that is meant for vampires that aren't all orderly like Jason and Paul."
Adam walked out of the car and i joined him. We walked up to the back door. There was a bouncer there and he was huge. His biceps were as large as my waist.
"Hey Adam. Who's the chick?" He asked.
"Hey Rich. She's Jason's little sister."
"Jason's little sister?! President Jason?!"
"Yep."
"His sister is a little hot-tie. He's letting her come here?" Rich seemed completely taken by surprise.
"Well..." Adam said smiling.
"Oh, she's got no permission to come here?"
"I don't need any body's permission." I said crossing my arms.
"Whats your name?" Rich asked.
"Bliss and your Rich."
"In the flesh."
"So does she need permission or not to come in?" Adam asked.
"I don't know."
I walked up and touched his arm. I stared into his eyes.
"Please?" I begged with big eyes.
He blinked.
"Ah, what hell go ahead."
"Don't worry. I will make sure Jason doesn't get mad." I said kissing him on the cheek.
Adam grabbed my hand and led me in.
"You are one dangerous little girl. I have never seen a vampire get so easily manipulated and usually Rich doesn't go for that cute act."
I smiled innocently. Adam just shook his head.
Vampire Outlaw was weird. The walls along with everything else where black. A strobe light flashed, metal music was played and there were strippers both vampire and human. But we walked straight past that and walked to the dance floor.
"I wanna see you dance. I didn't have a chance to see you at the ball."
"The ball?"
"Never mind that. Just dance."
I got a huge thrill from dancing. I didn't even know i could dance but i could actually dance really good. Of course i danced with Adam. But a few times we ended up dancing with somebody else.
"You ever tested alcohol yet?" Adam asked.
"Nope."
"Course not you got Jason watching you every second. Speaking of which how'd you get out today?" He asked as he ordered our drinks.
"When i woke up Jason wasn't there so i sorta just left."
"Wow. Jason will be pissed."
"I just wanted to have fun. The only fun i got have was jumping off the White House, fighting a vampire named Vicki and catching some humans."
"You fought Vicki?"
"Yup."
"Who won?"
"Me. I dug my high heel deep into her chest. Though it is a shame that there was blood all over the carpet."
"Shesh. Why'd you pick a fight with her."
"I didn't." I said raking a sip out of my drink. "She came in the room yelling at me telling me to stay away from Jason. I told her to try and hurt me so she lunged for me. But i was faster. She did get me with her nails but i bit her arm. Basically sliced it off."
"You are one violent chick."
I smiled again but this time it was a wicked smile.
He gasped then shook his head.
"You really changed when you transformed."
"How so?"
"Well you would have never done anything like this." He said smiling.
I touched his arm. I felt as though i had the power to control him right then and there. With the slightest touch of my hand i could feel so much power. I moved my hand to his face. I locked his eyes on mine. I was in complete control. I could take over him fully. But i wasn't like that. I wasn't power hungry.
I smiled as i pulled my hand from his face. I sat back into my seat and pulled the drink to my lips.
I learned something new today, i thought as i drank. With the slightest touch of my hands i could easily control any male at least, i don't know about females yet, i would have to test that theory some more.
I began to hear a fight going on outside.
"Aw, there goes my fun." I said standing up.
"What?" Adam asked.
"Come on." I grabbed his hand and led him to the back. I opened the back door and walked out. "Jason you can stop yelling i am perfectly fine."
Jason stared at me. He was furious.
"You!" He yelled pointing at Adam. "What do you think you are doing?! Kidnapping my sister!?"
"He didn't kidnap me. I called him. I asked to meet him. I am tired of being held in my room or being under your watch twenty-four seven. I love you but that doesn't mean you can control me. So i don't want you yelling at anyone besides me. It's my fault."
Jason was really pissed. I reached up and touched his shoulder but he jerked it away. So much for that test.
"I am sorry Rich for yelling at you i had no right." Jason said not moving his eyes from mine.
Rich just held his hands up. I shot him a look that said sorry.
"Go ahead and yell." I said simply." But yell at me and only me. When i woke up you weren't there and you never said that i couldn't leave." I said shrugging.
"I was just worried about you. You never told me what happened between you and Vicki. Then you go running off with Adam. You come to this bar. You changed so much." Jason was really mad and sad.
This time i touched his arm again and he didn't pull away.
"Listen i am sorry. But i need some free time, i need time to have some fun."
He was completely under my control.
"Fine but just tell me when you are going to run off."
"I will, i promise." I smiled. I kissed Jason on the cheek.
This was going to work to my advantage. I wasn't going to go crazy but when i get in trouble this will defiantly work.
"But right now we have to go back to the house."
"Why?"
"Because there is something i need to show you." Jason looked away from me.
"Thats fine. I gotta get back to work anyways."
"Bye." I said hugging him. I kissed him on the cheek. I grabbed Jason's hand. "Let's go." I said smiling.
i was changing. I was becoming wicked.
"Are we walking or riding?" I asked looking around.
"Neither. We are running."
"Good enough for me."
Running was short. We weren't far from the house.
"What do you wanna show me?" I asked as we walked in.
"Just wait." We walked up to a place in the wall with no doors but i could sense hollow behind it.
Jason pressed a bunch of parts in the wall and a slide popped out. He took a card from his pocket and slide it on a card slider. Another thing came out but it was a soft and squishy thing. Jason bit down on it and let go. The thing went back in the wall for a moment then the wall moved open. He pulled me in quickly. The door closed within seconds.
"Whats up with all of the security?"
"Its a place we need to protect. There are two entrances, you will see soon why."
The place we walked through was going downwards but it was also a maze. There were many paths but Jason only followed one path. First the one all the way on the right, then the one in the middle, then the way on the way left, then...it continued for minutes. Of course for humans i guess it would have taken hours.
Finally we stopped at another door. It was the same before, sliding the card and taking sample of Jason's DNA but this time Jason made me bit the same thing. It was yucky tasting.
The door opened making a hissing sound. The room we walked in was guarded with about six feet of steal on other metals. The door was made out of some sort of almost indestructible metal. A vampire would in no way be able to break that in under a day.
The room was very very cold and the lights were a blue tint. There were four beds in the room.
"Jason...what are they?" I asked looking at the beds. Wings fell from the beds but the wings weren't feathered, they were skin like. It was something disgusting. "The wings." I said.
"They look like the wings of Dracula or the wings of the vampire's in The Underworld.
"What are they?" I asked walking closer. They were strapped tightly down to the beds and they were hooked up to monitors. They were breathing quickly and shallow. There were two male and two females. I could only tell the difference because of the female's breasts.
They were bald but their skin was translucent. I could see their veins red and blue and purple running up and down in their skin. Their eyes were closed. Their hands and feet were more like claws and talons.
I could see their fangs stick out from their mouths. They went past their chins.
"They are mutated vampires you could say. They don't wake in this temperature. It is past -100 degrees in here."
"What is up with the wings? Where did you find them? How did this happen? Are they sick? Are they mean?"
"The wings are in their DNA, we find them a year or two ago, i don't know how it happened . I don't know if they are sick and they are very mean."
I moved in to touch them.
"Don't! Any difference in the temperature could wake them."
"I just want to see what they feel like." I said reaching my hand closer.
He grabbed my hand.
"Unless you want to deal with flying crazy violent vampires don't touch them."
"Fine." I said yanking my hand away. "Why did you show them too me?"
"I just want to show that being a vampire isn't all fun and games. There is danger. These vampires used to be normal. But something entered their systems and they turned into this. They cant go out in the sun either. They're almost exactly like Dracula."
"I just don't get it. How did they become like this."
"We don't know. They are unknown to most vampires. We don't want you to touch them because you may get what they have to. We don't know whats wrong with them."
"That's not fair. For them i mean. They didn't deserve this did they?"
"Nobody deserves this."
I stood up straight.
"I want to leave." They looked disturbing, also there was a slight smell i didn't like. It wasn't a bad smell. It was a sweet smell. Sickly sweet. I think it was their blood.
Then i heard soft grunt. I froze. I was next to female one but it had come from behind me.
"Jason." i said softly looking at him. He cocked his head. The sound happened again. I turned around and saw its eyes flutter. It was a male. I started to move away but the wings flew up. It brushed against my skin. It was like a shark. One side smooth, the other spikes.
I held back a scream. I began to bleed.
I heard Jason curse.
"Bliss, come here now."
"I cant. It's wings are moving. It'll cut me again."
It--he--began to flip out again. This time he screamed. But i heard words in his screaming.
"BLOOD!!!!!!NOW!!!!!" I didn't move but it looked at me. It's eyes weren't red but blue. He tried to reach out and grab me but he was strapped down. He began to sniff the air. He actually began to calm down. "I...need...blood!" He gasped. "I...want...your...blood....Smells...like...no...other." He gasped again.
"Bliss, i need your arm. I want to see something."
I shrugged. Jason made me bite down on my blood and pour it into a cup. The dude drank it and he actually began to calm down.
"Maybe that's our issue."
"You never gave them blood?" I asked.
"Well, we didn't know what it would do."
"Ugh. Can i just leave." I said crossing my arms.
"Yes but i am not following out. You remember the way right?"
"Yeah. How do i open the doors?"
"Knock it in a certain pattern and it will open." He showed me the pattern and i walked out. There was no point to him bringing me there. I left the house again but this time i didn't go to Adam. It was getting dark and i was getting thirsty.
But i had no idea where to go so i just went looking for a human.