My Only One

I'm Stoned In Love But Not With You

Ryan's Point of View

I knew Sean giving her that fourth beer wouldn't have been good. Jenna had been acting goofy all night hence the reason why I didn't take her home. After I got her to stop trying to get in my pants, she started talking. And talking, and talking. I learned that she pretty much hates her boyfriend. Not because they were having problems but because he wasn't her boyfriend anymore as she liked to put it. After talking to herself (technically) for almost an hour, she finally fell asleep.

The next morning, I sat at the breakfast bar with Tiffany. We were the only two awake at the time. Jenna and I had stayed the night at Sean's since I too had had a couple of beers.

"Where's your girlfriend?" Tiffany asked as she set her coffee cup on the counter.

"She's not my girlfriend," I told her.

"Yeah, after last night, I beg to differ."

"Where's your boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Yeah, after last night, I beg to differ." I mocked her.

"Shut up Ryan."

"Um, no." I shook my head.

Tiffany shook her head and said nothing.

"Yeah, that's what I thought," I said. I felt someone touch my shoulder. I turned around and came face to face with Jenna.

"I'm ready to go home," she quietly said.

"All right," I responded and nodded my head. "I'll see you later," I told Tiffany getting up to follow Jenna out the door.

"Later."

"Are you doing all right?" I asked her.

"Fine, I'm fine," she responded quietly. "What happened last night?"

"Nothing and I mean that seriously."

"Okay. Good." She leaned back and closed her eyes. I reached over and held her hand.

We got to her apartment all too fast. We sat in silence, still holding hands.

"We're good. We're gonna be all right. Time, that's all we need," she said.

"Yeah, we'll be fine," I agreed. She leaned across the seat and kissed me.

"I'll call you later." Then she left. She waved to me before walking in the door of her building.

* * *

I unlocked the front door to my apartment and walked in.

"Well hello sunshine," Melissa said.

"Hello hello."

"Blake's a little...you know, pissed off."

"Yeah, I'm sure he is." I went down the hallway to my room so I could get some clothes to shower. When I walked into the room, Blake didn't say anything at first. He looked up at me and then went back to drawing on the paper. So I didn't say anything. I just went to my closet and pulled out a few shirts and got some jeans out of my dresser.

"I'm leaving tonight," he finally spoke up just as I was about to leave the room.

"Okay..."

"No, I'm leaving for good. Once I walk out that door, we're done...even though we were over long before we even started."

I wasn't about to argue with him. He's right. He knew from the start that I would never get over Ryan.

"Okay," I said again and left the room. I feel bad that I don't feel bad. I wasn't happy either though. Why wasn't I happy at all though? Ryan didn't want me breaking up with Blake for him. Blake just broke up with me. That means Ryan and I can be together now without conflict of any sort. But then again, the boy I just spent two years of my life with just ended our relationship, if you could even call it a relationship. I decided not to think too much into it. I didn't want to make myself feel bad.

Later that night I walked downstairs with him. His plane would be leaving in three hours. We both stood outside his cab after he put his bag in the trunk.

"I guess this is it," I said as I shoved my hands into the pockets of my black fitted jeans.

"Yeah, I guess so. At least now you can be with Ryan and not have to worry about me."

I wasn't about to deny that fact so instead I said, "I'm sorry things are ending like this."

"Me too," He was silent for a moment before adding "It almost seems like you moved out here to be with him but you wouldn't move to Chicago to be with me."

"Ryan has nothing to do with me moving out here and you know that."

"Yeah, I know but it just seems that way."

"You should probably get going now. Your cab driver looks like he's getting a little impatient."

"Yeah, well, I guess I'll see you around."

"Yeah," I said and Blake got into his cab and left. I stood there for a moment as it began to really sink. I still didn't feel bad. I almost felt relieved. Relieved that that chapter of my life just ended and another one was about to start.