My Only One

You Should Be My Girlfriend

Ryan's point of view

Today was the day. Three years ago to the day. It was the beginning of the end. At this time three years ago, I got a phone call from our manager telling me to come meet the band at this location. Jenna and I were as how we were now. Same exact. The only difference is that we were in a different location; that location being Florida instead of California. We were in love then, we are in love now. Anyway, three years ago.

"Ryan, where are you going?" Jenna asked sitting up. She pulled the blanket up to cover herself up.

"I have a band meeting," I said tying my shoe.

"Why so early?"

"Honestly, I don't know." I turned to her. "You go back to sleep."

"Okay. Just hurry back."

"I will," I told her before kissing her and leaving.


Then my cell started ringing.

"Don't you dare answer that," Jenna said. I knew she was aware of the day.

"What if it's Sarah?" She reached over me and picked up my phone.

"It's not," she said flipping it open. "It's Pete." She shut it and put it on the nightstand on her side of the bed.

"Oh."

"You're not leaving me. Not again."

"I'm not leaving you," I told her. I knew sooner or later I would have to tell her about our tour next month. My phone started ringing again. This time it was Sean.

Jenna answered. "Sean, how can I help you?"

"Is Ryan there?"

"Yeah..."

"Can I talk to him?"

"Later. But right now, he's a little busy."

"All right then."

"Okay," she said and hung up the phone.

* * *

3rd Person

The younger Key sibling sat at the table with the boys. She sat back and deepened her voice.

"Man, so I banged this one chick last night and let me tell you..." The boys laughed.

"That's funny. Ryan would never kiss and tell though," Sean said.

"No one said Jenna doesn't though," Sarah said.

"What?"

"Just kidding, well, I know about their first time but that's it. We're BFFs; we share those kinds of things." Just then her cell phone started ringing. It was her brother.

"You're not sitting there acting like me, are you?"

"Me? Act like you? Why would I do that?"

"Because you're Sarah Key..."

"True but no, I'm not. You should stop having sex and come down here already," she said rather loudly as she tried to talk over Ryan. People from other tables turned and looked at her. The boys stifled back their laughter.

"Later. I gotta go. I'll see everyone later. Tell them that."

"Okay, I'll tell them. Bye." She shut her phone. "Ryan said he'll see everyone later."

"Oh yes he will," Mendez said.

"Leave them alone. They have three years to make up for," Charlene said.

"They got time to do that," he told his wife.

"Yeah, not much though; not with you guys going on tour next month."

"You think he told her?" LP asked anyone.

"Probably not," Peter responded.

"Well, you never know. He's always been honest with her about everything," Sarah said.

"Dudes, she could just come with us...duh!" Sean said.

"I doubt that," Sarah said.

"Why?" Sean asked her offensively without meaning to.

"She has an interview with some company for a job."

"Sorry. I didn't mean for that to be all offensive and everything."

"Yeah…right."

"Who does she have an interview with?" Charlene asked.

"Some photography company; she's a photographer."

"That’s pretty sweet. Maybe if we find out who she'll maybe be working for, we can get them to let her take our pictures," Mendez said.

"Maybe," LP shrugged.

* * *

"Hey Jen, there's something I gotta tell you," Ryan nervously said as he walked into the room.

"What is it sweetie?" I asked him as he dropped his towel on the floor.

"First of all, close your mouth."

"Shut up Ryan." I grabbed his towel off the floor and threw it at him. He quickly put his clothes on and sat next to me on his bed.

"Um, next month," he started to say. He ran his fingers through his hair and then took my hand. “I start touring next month."

"How long is this tour?" I asked.

"About three months."

"Three months," I said in a state of almost confusion. I didn't know what to do or say. "Why are we doing this then?"

"Doing what?" Ryan asked.

"This." I pointed to the both of us. "Why are we starting something if you're just going to leave?"

"What d-"

I cut him off. "Ryan, I can't do this again." I got up and paced the room.

"No, no. We won't have to. You can come with me this time. I want this just as much as you do."

"I have to get a job, Ryan. I have to start my career so no, I really can't."

"Jenna, we can do this. I know we can."

"I should probably go home now."