Sequel: Slowly Falling Apart
Status: Active

Slowly Dying Alone

Nick's Letter

.....Nicholas Jonas was tired. He had just spent the day working with his brother’s on some of their new summer tour plan. He walked up to their mail box, taking out the contents for his mother. He was sifting through the mail when a letter caught his eyes, ‘Current Resident – or the first person to pick up this letter,’ it looked like a hand written letter and according to the return address; it had come from a hospital in Colorado. Nick placed the letter in his pocket, intending to read it later when he had a moment alone.

.....He walked into his house and into the kitchen where he knew his mother was cooking.

.....“Hey mom,” Nick said with a smile. Denise looked over at Nick and smiled.

.....“How’s the plan making going?” she asked in a caring manner.

.....“Good, we’re getting there,” Nick replied as he held up the mail. “I got the mail for you.”

.....“Thank you, son!” she said with a pleased smile. Nick smiled back and decided to bring up the letter they had gotten. He pulled the letter out of his pocket.

.....“We got this letter in the mail. It doesn’t have our name on it, or any other name for that matter. It looks like it came from a hospital in Colorado,” Denise stopped her stirring and looked at the letter in Nick’s hands. She walked over to where he stood and Nick handed her the letter. Denise read the envelope carefully before looking back at Nick.

.....“Go ahead, open it, read it, and then I can read it,” she said. Nick nodded and took the letter back, opening it and taking the two pieced of paper into his hand. He opened them up, looking at the first page, before looking back up at his mom.

.....“It says, ‘please do not read this, if you do not want to deal with a sob story.’ There’s no other name, then hers on here,” Nick said as he handed the letter to Denise. She carefully took the letter from Nick and began reading it. By the time she was done, there were tears in her eyes. Denise handed the letter back to Nick and wiped the tears that were falling down her face. Denise was usually such a strong person, but this girl’s story had really touched her heart. She looked over at Nick, and noticed that tears were forming in his eyes as well. Denise smiled and pulled Nick into her arms, hugging him tightly.

.....“She has no one, no one mom,” Nick said compassionately. Denise looked into Nick’s eyes and noticed that his brain was working.

.....“I know Nick, why don’t you write her back, see if you can learn more about what she has been through. It seems that she needs a friend more then anything.”

.....“You must be right. Kylie must be as well, it seems that God wants someone to reach out to her. I may not have cancer, but I am sure I can relate to having a life threatening issue,” Nick said as he looked down at the letter again.

.....“There you go, it seems like she needs an understanding friend, and I know that is something you can be for her,” Denise said with a smile. Nick smiled back at his mom and ran up to his room to write this girl, Kylie, a letter of his own.

..............................................................................December 28, 2009

Nicholas Jerry Jonas
6455 Lewis Lane
Huston, TX 77004

Dear Kylie,

.....My name is Nicholas Jonas, I am 17 years old, born on September 16, 1992. I am glad that I got to read your letter, both my mother and I read it, and we both were very touched by the start of your life story. I have three brothers, Kevin (22), Joe (20), and Frankie (9).

.....Together my brothers, Kevin, Joe, and I, form a pretty well known band called the Jonas Brothers. I am also working on my own solo project. I understand a little of what you are going through. You see when I was thirteen I was diagnosed with Type I diabetes. If left untreated, much like your cancer, it could kill me. I have to check my very day, after each meal, and inject myself with insulin. I wear a device called the OmniPod, which helps me maintain my diabetes.

.....I do hope you write again, and tell my mother and I the rest of your story, and I will certainly write you back in order for us to learn more about each other. I think it would be fun for us to play twenty questions. Since I am suggesting it, I shall ask first.

.....What is your favorite food?

.....Mine is steak and I also love cotton candy flavored Ice Cream.

.....I do hope to hear from you soon, until then take care and know that there are people out there that really do care about you.

......................................................................................Sincerely,
..........................................................................................Your Friend,
.................................................................................................Nick

................. .P.S. Merry Christmas!! I hope you enjoy your present.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Rock My World;; for commenting on my story!!!