Sequel: Endlessly

The Square Root

Intoxication Fixes The Problem - Temporarily

“Good evening everybody,” Will spoke at the front. Stephanie and I sat down on one of the tables next to the stage. I saw that my two brothers were sitting there along with Ryan and Trisha. Ryan gave me an odd look, but I just looked away – avoiding eye contact. “Thank you everybody for being here tonight, and for celebrating this night with me and my family,” he said. “Let’s get this party started,” he said and everyone clapped. The food was then served.

Ryan kept stealing glances towards me. I avoided as much eye contact as possible. Tristan and Stephanie just chuckled. “Excuse me for a moment,” he said and stood up - walking towards the outer side of the place.

Stephanie, Tristan and Nate busted out laughing. Trisha just gave them a curious look. I felt my phone vibrate, and I dug into my clutch to find it. ‘Ryan’ it said. I wanted to laugh there too. I eyed Stephanie and motioned towards my phone. She leaned over to whisper into both my brothers’ ears and they too started to laugh. My phone rang again, and I just let it ring. I was already chuckling, and saw that Ryan was coming towards the table so we all composed ourselves.

“Guys, I’m going to go look for Hazelyn,” he said walking off.

“Excuse me guys,” I smiled at them and walked off towards where Ryan was. I saw him standing next to a lamppost at the walkway, getting to where the party was held. He had his phone against his ear. My phone rang once again and he started pacing, running his fingers through his hair.

“Damn it,” he muttered under his breath.

“Something wrong?” I asked him in my normal British accent.

“Kind of,” he said uneasily.

“Anything I can do?” I asked him.

He stepped closer to me. “Do I know you?” he asked, walking around me.

“Why do I feel like a prey, surrounded by the predator?” I asked. He stopped in front of me and looked in my eyes.

“Oh God!” he almost shouted, eyes wide. “Hazelyn!” That was by far the best reaction yet.

“Bitch,” I mumbled.

He quickly hugged me. “Damn it. You got me worried there. You should answer your phone,” he scolded, his arms still around my waist.

“It was fun looking at you pace around,” I chuckled.

“You look so different!” he said, twirling me around.

“I got that several times today,” I pouted at him.

“I don’t blame them. I mean, look at you!” he said, eyes wide.

“I know, I know. I’m pretty hot. I get it,” I laughed.

“Conceited much?” he grinned.. “We should get back there,” he said pointing towards the table. I nodded and followed him.

~~Stephanie POV~~

“Do you guys know something?” Trisha asked. I looked from Nate to Tristan. “Seriously. Is there something between Ryan and Hazelyn? Because Ryan is all about Hazelyn this, Hazelyn that. Hazelyn Blah, Hazelyn Blah, and so on,” she said. “I understand that they’re best friends and all that stuff, but why does he have to worry so fucking much about that chick? I mean, Hazelyn’s nice and everything, but I feel like she wants to take Ryan away from me,” she said.

I honestly thought Trisha was okay, but she’s becoming a jealous bitch. She was talking about my bestfriend; I was bound to get pissed. “Listen, Trisha. First of all, I don’t think my brother would appreciate you calling him Ryan. And second of all Hazelyn and Jr are just friends, so don’t think otherwise. And if Hazelyn liked my brother, she wouldn’t have set you guys up,” I said to her.

And if she did like him, you’d be out of the picture right now.

“Well, she takes up all the time that I spend with Jr,” she interjected.

“If you didn’t know. They haven’t hung out until last night since you guys got together and because Hazelyn was sick. Maybe you should trust my brother more,” I told her, and Tristan squeezed my hand.

“I don’t know, but if there’s something going on,,” she said. Ryan and Hazelyn approached the table and we all shut up.

~~Hazelyn POV~~

Everyone was talking when we were walking back to the table. Tristan, Stephanie and Nate were exchanging glances, and when Ryan and I got there, everyone shut up. Stephanie gave me the ‘danger’ look.

After everyone ate, Laura came up to the microphone and got everybody’s attention. “So tonight, we realized that we had one more thing to celebrate,” she said. “We’d like to congratulate Tristan and our daughter, Stephanie. They’re officially together!” she said. Stephanie blushed and looked down. Tristan whispered something in her ear and she smiled up at him. Man, even my brother can get a girlfriend. “So now, we’re going to do our yearly gift opening,” she said clapping her hands.

Stephanie went first - giving him a new golf cart. Laura gave him a new Bentley, and my parents gave him a new Condo in the Bahamas. Then Ryan went next giving him a golf crystal paperweight. Well, it was one of ours. Damn it, I wanted that Condo. “So next, we’ll have Hazelyn give her gift,” she said.

“I wasn't informed of this until today, and I really had no idea what to give you, so I just got something general,” I said and handed him the box. He opened it and his eyes widened - taking it out.

“A pen?” Trisha asked. Everybody looked at her and Ryan face palmed then whispered something to her.

“Thank you, Hazelyn. It’s a very nice gift. It’s very practical, and I’ll be treasuring this pen for I know it costs a fortune,” he chuckled. I nodded and walked back to my seat.

“Hazelyn?” Trisha glared.

“Surprise?” I chuckled. She just continued glaring at me and Stephanie gave me an ‘I’ll tell you later,’ look. I just nodded and went on talking with Nate. They cleared out the tables and the floor turned into a club. Finger foods at the side then drinks at the corner at the bar that I didn’t notice they had.

I decided to go up to the mansion and just relax there - away from the crowd. I entered one of the barely used rooms that Ryan told me about and turned on the TV.

“Ms. DeLuca, is there anything I can get you?” I heard Stella ask.

“No, it’s okay. Thanks. Do you wanna come join me?” I asked her.

“I’d love to ma’am but I have work,” she said, looking around.

“Pish posh, come here. Sit,” I said patting the seat beside me. She reluctantly sat down beside me. “Relax Stella, and call me Hazelyn,” I chuckled. “I got you,” I smiled at her. She relaxed onto the seat. “So, how come you work for the Dolciani’s? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“My mom worked for them before, then she died, so they helped me finish school, and I guess I don’t have anywhere to go, so I just stayed,” she shrugged.

“How old are you?” I asked her. “Wait, that’s rude, sorry.”

“I’m 22,” she smiled.

“Wow, you’re young. Ever thought about college?” I suggested.

“No money,” she frowned.

“I can get some sponsors for you,” I suggested.

“No, it’s okay. It’s too much of a bother,” she said looking down. “Plus, I don’t wanna abandon the Dolciani’s,” she said.

“I’ll talk to Laura for you,” I smiled at her.

“You’re really nice,” she said to me. “I don’t know what Jr’s talking about when he calls you a bitch. He walks in muttering stuff about you being a bitch and he has this monologue battle against himself,” she smirked, then it disappeared. “Sorry, that was inappropriate,” she apologized.

“Relax. I don’t mind,” I smirked. “And Ryan’s an ass, I don’t know why I keep up with him,” I laughed and looked back at the TV.

She was quiet, so I looked at her and she was staring at me, mouth agape. “Di-did you just call Jr … Ryan?” she stuttered.

“Yes?” I uneasily answered. “Why is everyone so shocked that I do?” I laughed.

“No. Listen to me. You cannot let him hear you call him Ryan. God, you don’t know what kind of tantrum he’s gonna throw,” she said seriously.

I laughed at her and shook my head. “Trust me, I’ll be fine,” I smiled at her.

She shook her head at me. “I see why,” she said.

“See why what?” I asked curiously. She smirked at me and shook her head – telling me it was nothing.

“So, what’re you doing here? And not at the party?” she suddenly asked.

I sighed. “I don’t know. It’s just that everyone’s paired off, and I’m all alone,” I laughed dryly. “I didn’t tell you that,” I smirked.

“Of course you didn’t,” she chuckled. “Aren't you and Jr together?” she asked.

I looked at her wide-eyed. “Oh God. No.” I laughed.

“Oh, I thought you were,” she gave me a small smile.

“The girl he was with today is his girlfriend,” I informed her.

“Oh. She’s a bitch,” she frowned.

“What?” I asked.

“She’s been here before. She was nice before, but now she’s completely different. She was ordering us around like there was no tomorrow earlier tonight.”

Trisha? No way? “Are you sure it was the girl with black hair? In a yellow dress?”

“That’s her,” she confirmed.

“”Well damn.” I said. “I’ll see you later, I’m going to go back to the party. Ryan might be freaking out again,” I laughed.

“Thanks Hazelyn,” she said. “Oh, and I agree. Jr’s so protective over you,” she said and turned off the TV, walking off the opposite direction.

I walked back to the party, which seemed more of a club than a formal party. I was surprised. I went into the dance floor and looked for people that I knew. I was suddenly pulled aside. “Ow!” I groaned when I hit the wall.

“Sorry,” Stephanie apologized. “But I have to talk to you,” she told me.

“Talk,” I said, still rubbing my shoulder.

“Okay, so when you and Jay weren't at the table earlier, Trisha was complaining about you and him and all that stuff,” she said.

“That’s it?” I asked. She nodded. I just shrugged. “It’s all up to Ryan,” I told her. “I’m going to go home first,” I said to her. “My house,” I told her, letting her know I won’t be at the mansion. She nodded.

“I’ll see you at school,” she said, hugging me. “And Hazelyn?” she called when I was walking away. I gave her a curious look. “I’d give it a month,” she smirked. I rolled my eyes and went off to find Laura and Will to say goodbye.

I found them near the bar and conveniently, my parents were there with hem. “Hey, I have to go now. I’m still kind of not feeling well,” I said to them.

“Go on and rest my dear. Thank you for coming tonight.” Will said giving me a hug. “And that pen was very expensive,” he whispered in my ear then pulled away. “I’ve been wanting to get it but I was too lazy to find one,” he chuckled. “I’m glad you gave it to me. Now it has more value than a regular pen.”

“You’re welcome,” I told him. I turned to my parents. “I’m going home now,” I told them.

“Okay honey. Come by the beach house tomorrow. We’ll have lunch there,” my mom said. I nodded and walked back to the mansion then up the steps to the garage. I saw a couple at the corner talking. They seemed to be arguing and when I got closer, they started making out. I ignored them and went into the garage, getting in my car. I drove past them and saw it was Ryan and Trisha. My heart sank for a reason unknown and I drove home in silence.

The next day, I woke up at around 7am and just stayed home. I even cancelled on my parents on that lunch and told them that I was sick again. I had my phone turned off too, so nobody could contact me. I was sitting on my couch in my fun room, blasting depressing music and ate ice cream.

I went to school the next day and Ryan apologized, telling me that he can't spend as much time with me anymore since Trisha was getting suspicious. Our conversation went something like this:

Ryan: Haze, I’m so sorry, but I don’t think I can spend as much time with you, Trisha’s getting suspicious.

Me: Suspicious? Of What?

Ryan: I don’t know!

Me: Whatever. Its up to you.

I just shrugged it off, and went on with my day. Tuesday, I saw Trisha hang out with the cheerleaders in a- WHAT THE FUCK? WHY IS SHE WEARING A CHEERLEADING UNIFORM? Whatever. Ryan hasn’t been talking to me much. Just a simple hello and talking when needed in class.

Kyle and I have been closer. He’d take me out of campus for lunch sometimes, and I went out with him on the weekends a couple times. He was okay and he was really sweet. Though, I found it weird that Heath and Daniel had been constantly saying Hi to me in the halls and most girls are glaring at me like crazy. And again, being Hazelyn, I shrugged it off.

I was out for lunch with Kyle a week later, when Kyle took me by surprise. “Hazelyn?” he said catching my attention.

“Uhuh?”

“You know that I really like you, right?” he asked me, turning slightly pink.

“I uhm… Like you too,” I said blushing and looking down.

“So, where does this take us?”

“I don’t know, where do you want it to?” I asked him.

“I don’t know. But I really want you to be my girl,” he said quickly.

My eyes widened. I did not expect that. “Wh-what?” I asked dumbly.

He started blushing even more. “I was asking if you would be my girlfriend.”

My grin widened, and I smiled at him before answering. “I Uhh.. Yeah.” He grinned widely and our day went on brightly. Later that day, I told Stephanie about Kyle, and let’s say, it was ear piercing.

“Stephie,” I sang. We were hanging out at my house doing homework.

“This is new. You were so mopey for awhile, what happened?” she asked raising an eyebrow.

“So, you know that Kyle and I went to lunch today right?” I sheepishly smiled. Her eyes widened. “Oh yeah,” I smiled confirming her thinking. She screamed and tacked me in a hug.

“I am so happy for you! Oh my gosh! Kyle is such a sweetheart!” she squealed. “He seriously would do anything for you.”

We partied it up that night, taking out the alcohols and having so many sweets. I spent the entire day away from John who was being rude and Alexa who just completely ignored me and decided to hang out with Stephanie. It went on for at least two more weeks, until I was so bored with my life. I wasn't big on PDA, so Kyle and I went out on certain occasions. He seemed like the perfect boyfriend, I have to say. He was a gentleman, he paid for everything, he opened doors. Everything.

Ryan was just like this. But with Ryan, I wasn’t afraid to make a complete fool of myself while with Kyle, I was aware of every move I made. Don’t get me wrong, but Kyle made me nervous in a good way. I had the butterflies in my stomach when I looked at him and when he said the corniest things to me, but with Ryan – shit. Why was I comparing my boyfriend to my supposedly bestfriend that isn’t talking to me?

Ryan had gone from annoying me to talking when necessary and it honestly bothered me. I was sitting in PA Thursday afternoon with Ryan, working on a drum piece when he pointed out something.

“You’re not wearing the bracelet?” he asked. I just shrugged. He didn’t push it and we just finished everything that needed to be done. That was the first decent conversation we had in three weeks that was not of school related stuff.

“Okay. You went from happy go lucky with Kyle, and now you’re all depressed, what happened?” Stephanie demanded.

“Nothing,” I frowned.

“Fucking lies. It’s so obvious. What happened?” she demanded.

“Nothing. Damn,” I said and stood up. “I’m going home,” I told her and drove home in silence.

I spent the night in my fun room, which is currently my ‘let out all your emotions’ room, which in fact, I have no idea why I’m so pissed off, and used the bar for the second time. I took out the X-rated Vodka Fusion, and a glass. I took a sprite from the fridge, and lots of ice, then poured some soda into the glass and topped it with the X-rated. I sat there drinking for a while until I felt my whole world topple over and fell on the couch, knocked out.

I woke up the next day with a massive headache and sleeping on somebody’s chest. And like every girl, I screamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy crap. 2047 readers?! 281 subs!? holy cuhhhraaap. Thanks guys!