Sequel: Endlessly

The Square Root

Hazelyn, My Sister.

“Get up Hazelyn,” my brother shook me awake the next morning. We ended up having drinks here and there and ended up crashing in my living room. Except for Samantha and Ryan. She was so good and it bugged me! No wonder Ryan liked her.

“Where’s everyone?” I asked.

“Stephanie’s in your room, changing I think, the guys are checking out your fun room and Kyle crashed in the guest room.” He told me.

“Can I sleep a little bit more?” I groaned sitting up, since I was lying on his lap.

“It’s noon and you have to cook,” he pouted. I smacked the back of his head. “Hey! I cook for you all the time,” he argued.

“Yeah, because you’re the one that took culinary in high school!” I groaned.

“Where’s Nate?” he asked.

“Maybe he’s home?”

“No duh,” he mumbled and took out his phone and put it next to his ear. A few moments later, I heard him say. “Come over, you need to cook breakfast,” he said. A pause. “Friends,” Another pause. “Hazelyn says please,” he said. “Thanks. See ya!” he laughed and hung up.

“Wow, really?”

He shrugged. “You can make Nate do anything,” he smiled sheepishly.

“You too,” I laughed

“Just some things.”

“Can I make you go shove your head up your ass?” I mumbled and stood up.

“Why are you so mean? Damn,” he mumbled and walked after me to the kitchen. We just sat there and talked for awhile until Nate came, still in his sweats,and eyes clear of lack of sleep.

“The things I do for you,” he glared at me.

“Hey! Tristan was the one that called you!” I argued.

“Whatever, now what do I cook?” he asked.

We told him whatever shit to cook and he started going around the kitchen, ordering us around. He always had a passion for cooking and I have no idea why he’s sacrificing his dreams for the business. I mean, Tristan can take care of it.

A half hour later, and 5 stacks of pancakes, some scrambled eggs, some sandwiches and all these other delicious foods, Nate had to go home and take care of stuff he said he was trying to finish up before Tristan had called.

We bid him goodbye and Stephanie walked in right after - her eyes wide, looking stunned. “What’s up?” I asked.

“What’s up?! I was looking for a towel, and I found your closet!” she squeaked. I looked from her to Tristan, who just shrugged and started taking out plates out of the cupboards. “You have like a freaking boutique in there!” she said.

“Breathe Steph,” I chuckled.

She sat down and started breathing deeply, then Tristan walked over to her and kissed her. “Ugh! My eyes! Burning!” I shouted out and walked out of the kitchen and went to look for the guys.

They were all spread all over the guest room’s floor. “Guys! Get up! Breakfast!” I shouted and slammed the door to wake them up. I walked to my room and walked back downstairs where Tristan and Stephanie were feeding each other. “Ugh! Gross,” I mumbled. The doorbell rang and I rushed to open it, and Ryan was standing there, his left hand in his pocket, and looking up at me through his lashes.

“Morning,” he grinned with a bouquet of red daisies. I raised an eyebrow at him. “What? You’re not taking these?” he frowned, looking at the bouquet.

I took them from him and rolled my eyes. “Why didn’t you use your key?” I asked.

“I left it here,” he said and closed the door behind him. I nodded and put the flowers with the roses I got on Wednesday. “So, breakfast,” he started.

“Kitchen,” I said and we walked into the kitchen where everyone was already seated. All eyes were on us. I walked to the table and sat next to Tristan. I grabbed a plate of pancakes and handed it over to Ryan who sat next to me.

“You cooked?” he asked.

“My brother,” I chuckled. “My brothers do anything for me,” I smirked.

Everyone started going back to their conversations and I was stuffing food in my mouth. Tristan leaned over to me. “Hey, we’re still up for tonight?” he asked. I just nodded. “Can you be a bit more feminine?” he said taking a napkin and wiping the corner of my mouth. “You look like you haven’t eaten in months,” he said and inspected my face. “Fuck no, what is that?” he asked gripping on lightly on my chin to turn my head to the side. “What is that?” he asked, his eyes burning at the cheek that I had my bruise on. My eyes widened. But before I could say something, somebody kicked my leg making me turn my attention back to whoever else was there.

Everyone was looking at me and I guess Tristan saw too, since he retracted his hand from my face and cleared his throat. “We’ll talk later,” he whispered.

“So, what are we doing today?” Stephanie asked. Everyone just looked at her.

“I’m staying home,” I said.

“Sleeping,” everyone else echoed.

“Dumb butts,” she muttered. “We have to meet up tomorrow before we- I mean they- I mean Hazelyn leaves though,” she frowned.

“Why are you stuttering?” Kyle joked.

“Because I’m here,” Tristan chuckled.

Stephanie scoffed. “Conceited!” she yelled and everyone went back, forgetting the awkward moment just a few moments before.

******


“Let’s go girly!” Stephanie said pulling me out of bed later that afternoon. Okay, maybe night. Seeing that I slept for 8 hours. I managed to avoid Tristan (thanks to Stephanie).“You’ve gotten too much sleep! Come on!” she yelled. I got up and glared at her. “Go change into this,” she said handing me an outfit. “I’ll do your make up,” she grinned and walked away.

I sat on that chair for about 2 hours, until Stephanie let me see what work she has done on my face. She handed me a mirror with a giddy look. Rolling my eyes at her, I looked at the mirror. My mouth dropped. My hair was poufy and was up in a bun, my make up so dramatic. “Who is that?” I asked myself.

“That’s you silly,” she cooed. “Now lets go, your brother’s getting irritated,” she laughed and we walked downstairs.

My brother saw me and he glared at his girlfriend. “I said get the girl looking decent, not make her look like a hooker,” he spat.

“Shut up. She looks hot and all the guys are going to be eyeing her tonight,” she chuckled, kissing his cheek and wrapped her arms around his waist.

“Well, she ain’t taking no guy home, that’s for sure,” he said through gritted teeth. “Lets go before I change my mind,” he mumbled and we walked out towards the 4 door Aston Martin that was in the driveway.

“I look like a hooker,” I said when we got to the club.

“You do,” Tristan muttered.

“No you don’t. You look irresistible. Plus, if anything, nobody would be able to recognize you anyways,” Stephanie grinned.

I groaned. “Why did I agree to come with?” I asked walking towards the VIP entrance.

“Because you said you’d do anything for me,” Tristan grinned and kissed my cheek.

“Ew! My brother’s slobbering over me!” I playfully whined, acting like I was wiping at my face then flinched realizing I had a bruise. His eyes widened and then squinted into thin slits.

“We’ll talk about that later,” he grumbled and turned towards the bouncer, said some few words, showed a card and the huge tall muscular man stepped aside, letting us in without looking at my ID. I raised an eyebrow at my brother, who just smirked and pulled us in.

When we walked in, it was wild but classy. Rich people party, I concluded. There was music blasting, the bass thumping along with my heartbeat and different colored lights flashing from everywhere. At the bottom, where you could see over was the bar and the dance floor, while at the top-where we were at - were tables where people were socializing.

“Tristan, my man,” some guy came up to us, and gave T a manhug. When I saw his face clearly, my eyes widened. Holy Shit! Garret Hedlund. I wanted to faint.

“Hey Gare, this is my sister Hazelyn and my girlfriend Stephanie,” he introduced, snaking his arms around Stephanie’s waist.

“Garret! Dude!” Nate called out from behind me.

“Nathaniel. Man, haven’t seen you in so long,” he laughed slapping his back.

“I know man. School has just been killing,” Nate shook his head.

“Work has been crazy too, though I’m not really working on anything as of now. After Tron, I took a 4 month break,” he smirked.

“Damn. Tron was good though, right Lyn?” Nate smirked. I smacked the back of his head. “Of course, she was squealing ‘oh my fuck Garret is so fucking fioneeee,’ the whole time,” he smirked doing my hand motions.

“Oh my god Nate!” I whined. “Don’t listen to him, he’s a loser,” I grinned.

“He is,” he flashed a smile at me. I wanted to melt.

“Are you kidding? She has this shirtless poster of you in her living room. Shoot,” Stephanie scoffed.

“Stephanie!” I squeaked.

He just laughed and everyone else did. “Oh my gosh! Hazelyn’s blushing!” Stephanie squealed.

“Stephanie, shut up,” I mumbled.

“It’s okay Hazelyn, I have a poser of myself in my room too,” he winked. “You guys mind if I borrow her?” he asked.

“Just don’t do anything to her, or else,” Nate glared.

“No problem bro and I’m no pedo,” he chuckled, and held out his arm for me to link mine through. “May I?” I looked at both my brothers who shrugged, so I linked my arms through his and we started walking away from everyone. “So, how did you like Tron?” he asked me.

“It was… Fascinating,” I chuckled.

“Did you like it?” he asked.

“Definitely,” I mumbled lowly. “Yeah,” I said louder.

We just talked for a while, then got some drinks and of course I went for something not alcohol. He was a perfect gentleman and he was just like my brothers. He was really funny and definitely charming. After that, he needed to go take care of stuff, so he just left me his number and told me to text him so he could get mine and that he’d take me around Universal Studios if ever I felt like it.

I then sat down at the bar,getting a French kiss drink. I was sitting there for a bit, when somebody sat next to me. “What’s a lovely lady like you doing here alone?” said a familiar voice. I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. My eyes widened. Fudge. Did he not recognize me?

“Here with some friends, actually,” I told him over the music.

He nodded thoughtfully and ordered a shot of tequila, then turned his attention back to me. “So, why are you alone at the bar?” he asked.

“Maybe trying to pick up a guy,” I shrugged. He smirked. “What are you doing here?”

“Nothing. Partying,” he shrugged. “Can I have your name?” he asked.

He didn’t recognize me?! What the fuck is with this guy. This is the second time. “I don’t think my name would suit you,” I said to him and took a sip of my drink.

“It starts with an H, doesn’t it?” he chuckled. I gave him a weird look. “I figured.”

“How so?”

“Your tattoo,” he said brushing my hair aside. “Blacklight activated, not accepted in school, I suppose?”

My eyes widened, forgetting that I had it. I’ll make a mental note to always keep my hair down if his blacklights were on in his room.. Or my room. Fuck, I’m glad he’s never noticed them. “No. I just don’t like it being shown,” I covered.. “Well, I’ll see you around…,” I paused.

“Jr,” he said holding out his hand.

“Nice to meet you. Jr,” I smiled and walked away.

“Wait!” he called out, and I turned around. “I didn’t get your name,” he told me.

“You don’t need it, I figured you had a girlfriend,” I said and walked away, leaving him dumbfounded.

I looked for Tristan and I saw him talking to somebody on one of the tables. He caught sight of me and the guy he was talking to walked off. I sat in front of him, and set my drink on the table. “So, that’s why you laugh everytime I squeal about Garret,” I glared at him.

“It’s funny I tell you,” he chuckled.

“So, Ryan was downstairs,” I told him.

“Really? With Samantha?”

“Nope. Just him. He was kind of hitting on me,” I shrugged. “Probably really drunk.”

“Doesn’t he always?” he laughed.

“No, I mean, he didn’t recognize me,” I told him.

“What?” he asked incredulously.

I nodded. “What a shame, he can't recognize his own bestfriend,” I said shaking my head.

“Wouldn’t blame him, even I couldn’t,” he mumbled.

“You’re a dork,” I laughed.

“Enough about that and more about your bruise,” he said getting up and standing next to my chair, so we were eye level.

“Where’s Stephanie?” I asked.

“Bathroom,” he said.

“I like your outfit,” I smiled.

“Oh thanks. You got this for me, remember?” he laughed. “Don’t change the subject,” he said grabbing my chin and made me face him. “Where’d you get this from?” he asked.

“I smacked against a wall,” I tried.

“Not buying it,” he said and kept inspecting it. “Stupid make up,” he growled.

“Tristan Macintosh?!”