Sequel: Endlessly

The Square Root

Let Me Explain

“Can we go home already? This bag is killing me!” I groaned.

“I still can’t get over that accent,” he smirked. “It’s fucking hot,” he laughed. “Sit here and work on hiding it again. I’ll be right back, I forgot to tell my mom where I was,” he mumbled.

“Oh yeah, you’ll just call your mom and say “Hey mom! I’m in London with a friend!’” I said sarcastically.

He gave me an odd look. “That’s exactly what I’m gonna say,” he mumbled and walked away. I busted out laughing like an idiot, and everyone started looking at me.

After I’ve cooled down to quiet chuckles, I started walking around, dragging my duffel bag with me. “Hazelyn!” I heard my named called out. I started to look around frantically, then I was engulfed in a tight, breathtaking hug.

“Get. Off. Me,” I said in my slight English accent, forgetting that I should be hiding it.

“I’m so sorry, I thought you were my best-,” he said until I turned around. “Hazelyn!” he shouted in front of my face again and hugged me. Again.

“Enough hugs and get off me,” I mumbled and pushed him off.

“For a second there, I thought you had an English accent,” Ryan sighed. I laughed nervously. “How long have you been here?”

“Awhile,” I mumbled, and shifted the position of my bag.

“Let me take that,” he said grabbing it from me, not giving me time to protest.

“No its okay, you’re already carrying Sam’s and your bags,” I said taking it back.

“Let’s get going?” Tristan asked.

“I'm uhh.. Here with somebody,” I mumbled.

“Who?” Ryan asked.

“Hey guys!” Kyle ran into our group and tacked Ryan.

“Kyle?” Ryan frowned.

“You don’t see happy to see me,” he frowned.

“I always don’t,” Ryan said smiling at him. “Good to see you man,” he said quite lamely. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Let’s go then,” Tristan said trying to light up the mood. We walked outside, where Ray was giving me a funny look and I just smiled sheepishly at him. We got to the mansion and Cindy greeted us as if we haven’t met at all. The mansion was clear of any memories of me and my friends while we were here.

We walked up the steps, and everyone was seated in the living room. “Guys? I don’t get a hi?” Tristan laughed, dropping his bags. Everyone’s head snapped to us.

“Tristan!” Melissa and Maeghan jumped, then Kaleigh followed them. Then the guys made their way over to us. They gave each other hugs. Chance wanted to say something to me, but Trace nudged him and he just smiled. I gave an awkward smile back.

“Who’re they?” Kaleigh asked, giving me a sheepish grin. I rolled my eyes at her.

“This is Stephanie my girlfriend. That’s Jr – her brother and his girlfriend Samantha. Kyle, a friend from my basketball team last year and uhh Hazelyn. She’s just here,” he shrugged.

“I’m glad I’m so special Tristan,” I rolled my eyes at him. “Hazelyn. Stephanie’s and Ryan’s bestfriend,” I introduced myself. They all just laughed at me

“So, that’s the girlfriend, huh?” Kaleigh smirked.

“Oh my gosh!” Melissa squealed. “You shouldn’t let go of this girl, she’s actually putting up with your crazy ass,” she laughed. “Cannot believe you can keep up with him,” she scoffed. “The only girl that could actually put up with him, is his sister.” Maeghan hit her and she just mumbled a sorry.

“Let’s get you guys settled shall we?” Cindy said, smiling. “We have a party tonight for you guys’ visit,” she winked at me. I rolled my eyes and was about to go up the stairs, but Kyle pulled me back, and hugged me by the waist, then resting his head on my left shoulder.

“What’re you doing?” I whispered in his ear.

“Plan A, now giggle,” he said. I let out a girly giggle, which made everyone turn their attention to us. “Good,” he laughed and kissed my head.

We got directed to our rooms, and not even 20 minutes being alone, everyone barged into my room, hysterically laughing.

“I wanted to laugh,” Chance said.

“I wanted to roll on the floor laughing,” Trace said, rolling on the floor.

We just laughed and laughed until there was a knock on the door. “Get in the closet! All of you!” I whispered at them and they all slumped, slowly making there way into the closet. Chance was still there, when Ryan barged in my room fuming.

“You and Kyle back together?” was what he welcomed me with. No hello, no hi. Nothing. Just that direct question.

“No,” I shrugged and started looking around the room, making sure that Chance gets in. His eyes widened and he jumped inside. From the door, you couldn’t see my closet (thank goodness). I made my way and closed it, hearing them chuckle lightly.

“Why’s he here?”

“You expect me to sit around watching everyone have fun alone?” I glared at him.

“I’m here!” he defended.

“With your girlfriend,” I added.

That shut him up. “Why’d you have to take him with you?”

“I already told you. Now go, I need some sleep,” I said, jumping onto the bed, and went under the covers.

“Well then, I’m joining you,” he mumbled and I felt the bed shift a little, and he got into the bed too.

“No,” I said pushing him off. As much as I wanted to, I had my friends in my closet.

“What? Its not the first time you’ve slept on the same bed with me,” he mumbled.

“Just go please,” I mumbled, and turned towards the closet, which was slightly opened. I glared at it, knowing there was at least one pair of eyes that could see me.

He sighed and the bed shifted again, then the door opened and closed. The closet door quickly closed and I walked towards it, sliding it open, and everyone started tumbling forward. “I have such nosy friends,” I laughed as they got up.

“So, you and Mr. Loverboy seem close,” Chance glared.

“Bestfriend,” I shrugged.

“I thought I was your bestfriend?” everyone said in unison. “Hey! I am!” they argued again. I started laughing hysterically and hugged all of them. Well, as much as I could take in my arms.

“I love you guys!”

--------


Everyone started getting ready for the party at around 9. It was at Chance’s family’s dance club. Maeghan handed me over this dress, but when I put it on, I took it off right away since the back was only all straps. What if I get sick?

“That’s pushing it Megs,” I mumbled and she just laughed and reached into my closet again, pulling out a slightly more decent looking dress. I approved and got changed.

An hour later, I walked downstairs all cleaned up and everyone was waiting. I decided not to push the make up. I just settled for brown eyeliner, and some lip-gloss. Kyle caught up with me and grabbed me by the waist and kissed my cheek, and he helped me down the stairs.

“Let’s go?” my brother asked.

We all nodded and we walked towards the limo. Everyone was chatting, and I was wondering where Ryan and Sam were. “He and Sam will just meet us there,” Tristan told me. He probably knew what I was thinking.

Everyone else was probably gonna be at the party, even people we probably didn’t know since it was a usual hang out. Even if they did close it down, these guys throw hardcore parties.

We got out of the car and Kyle offered his hand to let me out and I took it, rolling my eyes as he just winked at me, holding down his laughter. It was just like every other dance party, lights all over the place.

We were dancing around and socializing, seeing people from my old school here, and chatted up some guys who were hitting on me. I mean, what’s the fun in a vacation without hitting on hot guys right?

Kyle was grinding with some girl at the dancefloor, who turned out to be Cindy. My cousin Cindy. I wanted to laugh. “Haze,” somebody said from behind me, wrapping their arms around my waist and kissing my cheek.

“Ry,” I smiled and turned towards him. He was holding onto Samantha’s hand, which made me back away from him. She looked, wow. It put models to shame. She was perfect. I frowned and he gave me a weird look. He was about to say something when somebody spoke up.

“Okay, so we have a special guest today, and she’ll be DJ-ing for us. I think everyone here knows her and adores her. Hazelyn, would you do us the honor?! Come up here!” Chance announced and Ryan gave me a weird look before I scurried up to the front and onto the DJ table, plugging in my Dr.Dre’s and my iPod to the laptop, syncing all my music in it within a matter of seconds.

Everyone clapped. “Let’s get this party started shall we?” I laughed and blasted the music. I first blasted “California Girls’. Then skipped some parts, then switched it up to ‘My First Kiss’ by Ke$ha and 3oh3! Then Blah Blah Blah.

It went like that for an hour or so, until I received a request on my itunes. After OMG by usher was finished, I spoke up. “I got this request, and I think we should slow it down a bit,” I laughed and played it. “Go get a partner and dance to Together by Ne-Yo,” I smiled and looked out into the crowd as everyone started to partner up.

The laptop flashed with a message. ‘Wouldn’t it feel so good if we were together?’ I froze and I looked out into the crowd, but everything was a blur since the light was straight at me. I shook my head and exited it, putting an upbeat song right after that. It got so hot, so I put my hair up in a messy bun.

I put ‘XOXOXO’ by BEP, and started putting my hands up in the air and dancing to the beat. “Hot,” Logan chuckled jumping up to the platform next to me.

“Get away from me L,” I frowned.

“Miss my hugs and kisses?” he grinned.

I laughed. “No.”

“Haze,” Ryan said from the other side of the platform and jumped up next to me too.

“What’s up?” I said, changing up the equalizer for the music.

“Can I talk to you?” he asked stiffly.

“Yeah, hold on,” I said, doing some final changes and looked at the laptop that had another request. ‘I Choose You’ by Mario. I frowned at it. ‘Fire’ by Jay Sean was still playing, I put it as after ‘Love Like This’ by Jay Sean.

“She’s really focused when she Dj’s,” Logan said to Ryan.

“I can tell,” Ryan growled.

“You needed something Ry?” I asked him and turned to him.

“Yeah, I need to talk to you,” he said to me.

“Cover for me,” I said to Logan. He nodded and took over the table.

Ryan helped me down the platform and told me to go ahead, while holding onto my hand, making sure to not lose me in the crowd. We made it to the back where Chance was getting chased by Kaleigh. “Hazeeeeeyboo! Kaleigh’s being mean!” Chance pouted, hugging me by the waist.

“Kaleigh, what did he do now?” I asked.

“He kissed me!” she mumbled.

I looked at Chance and started laughing at them. “You guys are dorks, you just got the nerve to kiss her?” I asked him.

“Yeah and now look!” he pouted.

“Get out of the way Zel, let me get to that guy,” Kaleigh said. I held onto Chance’s arm and Kaleigh got to him. She put both hands on his shoulders, looking like she was about to kick his nuts, but instead she kissed him. He relaxed and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Awww, so cute,” I smiled and looked at Ryan, who was staring at me. His face was a mixture of anger nervousness and shock. “Sup?” I asked him, waving a hand in front of his face. He wasn't staring at me face. He was staring at my neck. “YO!” I snapped my free hand in front of his face, since he was holding the other one. Quite tightly, if I may add.

He then pulled me out of the dance club and made me face him. “Is Tristan cheating on my sister with you?” he growled at me.

“What?”

“You, you’re the girl at the bar the other night,” he said to me.

“What?”

“Don’t play dumb with me Hazelyn,” he growled. “Trisha told me that you and Tristan had something going on, but I chose not to believe her, but this,” he said gripping my jaw, and turning it to the side, showing my blacklight ink tattoo “Proves it,” he finished. My eyes widened and I rubbed my jaw, where he gripped it tightly, to soothe the pain.

“Ry, I’m so sorry,” I sighed, and flinched when I touched the bruise. “I didn’t know how to tell you,” I said to him.

“What else have you lied about Hazelyn? Didn’t know how to tell me? What the hell?!” he asked me, his eyes getting wet.

My feelings about you.

“Just this,” I said quietly. “And what was I supposed to say to you anyways?”

He let out a fake laugh. “Just this?” he glared at me. “Do I even know you Hazelyn? Or is that really your real name?” he asked. “Hazelyn, you were my bestfriend and you could’ve told me anything, I don’t know about now.”

“Ry, I’m so sorry,” I mumbled and was reaching for his arm, but he backed away. “Ry, let me explain,” I said on the verge of tears.

“Is this what being bestfriends mean to you?” he asked and walked back into the club.
♠ ♠ ♠
oooooh .... and the drama beginssss