Sequel: Endlessly

The Square Root

Brotherly Love

“You’re early,” Nathan said when I opened the door to my house. That’s so awesome to say. My house

“Crystal had to go,” I said, putting my phone and backpack on the table. “What’s with the gym thing today?,” I asked.

He shrugged. “Bored. I got out of school early today and since Tristan had basketball practice at the Uni, I was bored and thought to visit you,” he grinned at me, then turning back to the TV. I flopped on the couch next to him, watching E News. “How’s Crystal?” he asked a few minutes later.

“Oh, she’s good. Her parents divorced apparently, and she told me to try out for cheerleading,” I scoffed.

“Well, why don’t you? I mean, you do gymnastics for snowboarding anyways and this could give you practice. There’s good snow in Tahoe this season,” he told me wiggling his eyebrows.

“But it takes so much time,” I frowned. He shrugged.

“No pain, no gain little sis,” he smirked at me.

I sighed. “I guess, but then again being a cheerleader is a huge thing in school. People would start looking at me differently, and you know that I try to stay out of the limelight because of this secret thing. Plus, all the chicks in the team are obviously bimbos,” I frowned.

“Just think about it,” he said and went back to watching the show. “Oh, and T and I are gonna have dinner here tonight. So, he’ll will just meet us here after gym.” I nodded, and went to the kitchen to retrieve my water container that I use for working out, then ran up stairs to change into my workout outfit. 10 minutes later, I walked downstairs with my hair up in a ponytail and with my GYM bag. “Ready to go?” Nathan asked, leaning on the counter next to the door. I nodded and he grabbed his keys and walked out into the driveway.

The gym was only about 10 minutes away from us,

* When you left, she was a wreck
'Cause she said, you left a mess -*

“Yes T?” I answered.

“I wont be home for at least 3 more hours,” he said.

“That’s fine, we’re going to the gym, so yeah. And we’ll just grab food on our way home,” I said to the receiver.

“Okay, thanks. Can you guys grab some A&W/KFC?” he asked. I fake gasped.

“Tristan Macintosh, eating fast-food?! Is the world ending?!”

“It’s just today!” he defended. “Coach was horrible,” he mumbled.

“Awh. Poor baby,” I cooed. “Well, we’ll see you later bro.”

“Bye,” he said, and hung up.

“What was that?” Nate asked, glancing at me for a second.

“He wanted fastfood!” I said disbelievingly to my other brother.

He scoffed. “Now, you’re kidding me.”

I shook my head like a little girl. “I’m serious! He really did!” I said in the most childish voice I could muster up.

We got to the Gym, and started doing our routines. I did an hour of Cardio, then used the exercise machines for my legs, abs and arms. Nathaniel was still doing his routine after I finished taking a shower, so I decided to get the food while he’s still on the machines.

“Hey, I’m gonna go get food, can I borrow the keys?” I asked, walking up to him. We decided to take his car, which I didn’t mind since I really do like his car.

“Go get it in my Gym bag,” he said panting. “The smallest pocket on the front,” he said. I nodded and went to retrieve it.

After I got my bag, and the keys, I went outside to the car, and checked my phone for messages when I accidentally bumped into somebody. “I am so sorry,” I apologized, mentally noting that I was bumping into people a lot lately.

“It’s okay,” I heard a voice say. “Oh Hazelyn!” she laughed.

“Stephanie!,” I smiled and we gave each other a hug. “What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Getting some exercise,” she said. “I feel like everything’s jiggling,” she said seriously and chuckled a little.

I laughed too. “Me too,” I frowned. “I’d love to stay and chat, but I have to get going. My brother’s are food monsters and if I don’t get it in time, they’ll trash everything,” I told her seriously, and she just laughed and shook her head. “I’ll see you around though,” I smiled.

“See ya!” she smiled back and walked into the Gym.

I drove over to A&W/KFC making sure that I had my wallet and keys before exiting the car and entering the building.

“Hi, Welcome to KFC, what can I get for you?” the girl asked me boredly.

“Hi, can I get a 6 piece extra crispy chicken bucket, with mashed potatoes gravy on the side. Corn for sides, then 3 potato wedges, 2 large popcorn chickens, 2 crispy Caesar salads, and extra gravy please,” I said with a smile. She nodded, told me how much the entire thing cost and gave me my receipt after.

“Fancy seeing you here,” a low, velvety voice-that would make any girl swoon any day- said. If only it didn’t annoy the shit out of me.

“Well it’s a nightmare seeing you here,” I glared.

“Thanks for the invitation for a seat,” he said sarcastically and sat down on the seat on the other side of the table, facing me.

“I wasn’t planning to”, I shrugged, and looking straight ahead, since I was seated sideways, I didn’t have to look at his gorgeous ugly face.

“You look nice,” he complimented.

“Was that a compliment or an insult?” I glared at him, since my hair was wet and in a ponytail, and I was in sweats and a plain gray shirt.

He shrugged. “Whichever way you take it,” he said.

“If I take it as an insult, I’d have to state the facts and tell you that even if you dress up, it’s not making a difference,” Lie. “And if it was a compliment, then don’t expect me to give you one back,” Another lie. He looked pretty damn good.

“You should start being nice to me,” he said, I could even hear the smirk in his voice.

“And if I don’t?” I challenged, looking at him-showing that I was irritated.

“I’ll make your life in high school a living hell. Simple as that,” he shrugged. “I am the most popular guy in school, and the guy all the girls want. One word from me, your rep is out the door,” he smirked. Uhm, can I say conceited?

“Bring it on,” I told him sternly, just when my number got called. I stood up, grabbed my bags, and walked out of there leaving him with his mouth agape. Or maybe not.

“You sure about that DeLuca?” he smirked, following me. I opened up the trunk and placed the food in there. I don’t think Nathan would appreciate his car smelling like fast-food. I slammed it shut and looked at the guy who was leaning against the car looking at me, biting on the corner of his bottom lip. He stood there in his Greek god, Abercrombie model glory, his brown hair messier than normal - which made it look better in a fascinating way. He was wearing black skinny jeans with Vans on, and a white wife beater. “You know, it’s not polite to stare,” he said smirking.

“I’m sorry, I was once told that we were all beautiful in our own ways, but in your case it’s not applicable,” I said. Well fuck, what is up with my lying tonight?! I shook my head and pushed past him to open the car door. He put his hand over mine when I had my hand on the handle to stop me.

“You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into,” he whispered in my ear, which sent chills down my spine and walked away. He then got onto a sleek matte-black Porsche Carrera GT, turned towards me and winked right before he got in his car, and drove off. Whoa, was that a lip ring? I shook my head, of course not. I got into the car and drove back to the Gym.

“Hey, you got the food?” Nate asked when I got back, just in time when he finished, taking a seat on the passenger side. I nodded. “Good, let’s head home.”

When we got home, Tristan was on the couch in his sweats, looking very comfortable, while watching a movie. “Hello,” he greeted.

“Hi, how was practice?” I asked, setting my bag down, and sitting next to him.

“It was pretty shitty. Coach was being an ass because his daughter slept wit one of my teammates and decided to put his anger towards me since I’m captain. So I am very tired,” he sighed.

“Why don’t you sleepover?” I asked.

“I just might,” he mumbled. I pat his knees comfortingly and got up, taking the bags from the coffee table and walking into the kitchen laying them all out.

Tristan walked in, and started looking through it. “How was first day of school?” he asked, reaching in and took a potato wedge and stuffed it into his mouth.

“Not so good,” I frowned, taking the salad.

“Why not?” he asked.

“I don’t like working with people. I hate having partners. I’m stuck with this one asshole of a jerk as a partner for both Performing Arts and Physics,” I huffed.

“Same person?” he asked, taking a bite of his salad, and looking at me. I nodded. “Who?” he asked. “I might know him.”

“Jr Dolciani,” I muttered, and he almost choked on his food. He quickly grabbed a glass of water and chugged it down. He laughed when he caught his breath. “You know him?”

He rolled his eyes. “Who doesn’t?” he kept laughing.

“You’re such a bitch. Not helping,” I glared.

“You don’t like him?”

“Have I not made that clear?” I gritted my teeth.

“You don’t even know the guy. He’s pretty good. He was my Co.Capt. last year, and he’s a smart guy. But I just heard he had things going on with the girls,” he frowned.

“You tell me to not judge the guy because I don’t know him and then you tell me about his bad rep, that I in-fact already realized and witnessed,” I said. “Make up your mind bro,” I laughed.

“Just be careful Lyn,” he warned.

“I know, I will. Relax,” I assured him. “Though, it’s just as terrible how my new found acquaintances are talking about you,” I groaned and doing a face palm.

“Talking about me?” he laughed.

“Yeah, they were all ‘The way you could see his muscular arms while he’s playing basketball was so hot.’ and stuff like that, it was gross,” I shuddered. He just laughed even more.

“Who said that?” he asked, still laughing.

“This girl named Trisha. Do you know her?” I asked him. He knew everyone.

“The girl that-,” he paused, eyeing me.

“Go on?”

“The one that’s always with that bestfriend couple Drina and Mike?” he asked, grabbing another piece of the potato wedges. I raised an eyebrow. That’s now how it started but then like lots of other things, I shrugged it off.

“Yeah her. And Alexa. Oh my goodness,” I mumbled. He just laughed.

“I know, I’m that hot. You should be proud to be my little sister,” he smiled with pride.

I rolled my eyes. “I shouldn’t tell you these things,” I muttered. “Your head is turning into a hot air balloon.”

He just kept laughing. “I don’t know why you and Nate don’t like being known as my siblings,” he frowned.

“It’s because mom always brings you around to meetings and stuff, and people know you as a Macintosh. While Nate and I try to find out way out of those, as often as possible, and we like our unknown lives,” I smiled.

“I guess you have a point,” he mumbled.

“I do have a point,” I pushed.

“What’re you guys talking about?” Nate asked walking into the kitchen, and spotted the food in front of me and Tristan “And you guys are finishing the food!” Nate whined.

I’m glad to be back with my brothers.
♠ ♠ ♠
=]
I'd like to specially thank Max Ryde because she's been with me throughout this story. I rewrote this story probably 3 times prior too this rewrite, and she's still willing to read it over again (:

As for the characters, I think that Hazelyn's character had matured prior to my first draft because her personality is practically based on me, and I guess I feel like I've matured a lot in the past year or so from the time I started this story.

Also, this story has a lot of personal stuff like my relationship with my friends and drama that has happened to me. (=