Sequel: Endlessly

The Square Root

Ryan

The next day was pretty normal. French was boring and I spoke fluent French so I didn’t need to listen much, and Stephanie and I were just complaining. I can tell that it was quickly starting to become a routine. Economics was boring, and I was sleepy. I ended up having a movie night with popcorn and chocolates with my brothers last night and ended up sleeping on the couch.

Physics, was horrible though. Jay sent me an evil smirk as he entered the classroom and sent me a wink. A girl in front of me turned to look back at me and glared. She was in a cheerleading uniform, so I guess she was one of those bimbos. She quickly pulled her phone out and her fingers went flying across the keyboard. Jay chuckled quietly as he ignored me all throughout the entire period.

Lunch, was okay. I saw Stephanie and went up to say hello to he while waiting for Alexa. Her locker was only a few lockers away from mine, so I got to chat with her for a little bit.

“Have you met anybody around yet?” she asked me. I nodded.

“Yeah, you know Alexa, Drina, Mike, and Trisha.”

“Yeah, they’re pretty chill,” she smiled.

I saw Alexa from the other end of the hallway, on her phone. “Hey, Alexa’s over there. I’ll see you around,” I smiled and walked towards my locker. I opened it to put my books in. I looked at my phone, and while I was replying to a text from Tristan telling me that Nathan told him about cheerleading, and that I should try out, I slammed it shut, turned around, and collided with a body. “I am so sorry,” I apologized.

“It’s fine,” a familiar voice said. I looked up and froze. Hot damn. It’s the hot airport guy. “Are you okay?” he laughed.

“Uh.. Oh y-yeah, I’m fine. I’m so sorry,” I apologized again, stuttering a reply. “I can be a little clumsy sometimes”.

“It’s okay, really,” he assured. “Hey! I met you at the airport!” he said with his eyes wide and pointed at me. “So you’re the new girl!”

“Well shit, for a change can someone go ‘Hey, I’m blahblah’ instead of ‘Hey, you’re the new girl/kid right?’,” I said rolling my eyes.

He laughed, “I didn’t catch your name yet, and I already caught your phone, and helped you with your backpack,” he laughed, handing it to me.

“I-It’s uhm, Hazelyn,” I laughed, and took my phone from his hands. “Thanks”, I said holding my phone up. “I guess”

“Anything for you pretty lady,” he chuckled I blushed and looked down. “Well, I gotta get going”, he said motioning towards the stairs. I nodded. “I’ll see you around Hazelyn,” he smiled. The way he said my name made me want to turn into a puddle of goo.

“Wait,” I called out. He turned around and smiled a bashful smile. “I uhm.. didn’t catch your name,” I said nervously.

“It’s Kyle. Kyle Andrews,” he called out as I nodded with a light tint on my cheeks.

“See ya,” was all I could choke out after that. When he was halfway down the stairs, and out of my sight, I leaned against my locker, taking a deep breath.

“So, that’s your type huh?” Damn it. You ruin my moments Dolciani, you really fucking do. I looked at him as he leaned against his locker facing me.

I stood up straight and glared. “Fuck off Jay,” Alexa growled, coming up from behind him.

He shrugged. “I just needed to get something for my locker, Jesus Lex. And we kind of have to work on something,” he told her. “Unless ‘pretty lady’ here wants to fail PA,” he chuckled, imitating the way Kyle just called me that. I rolled my eyes.

“I still have to eat Lunch stalker,” I said to him, and pushing past him again to stand next to Alexa.

“Okay then, but after lunch, I’ll have you all to myself gorgeous,” he winked and walked off. I rolled my eyes.

I groaned. “I fucking hate you!” I called out to him.

“See you later gorgeous,” he smiled at me walking backwards, then fled towards the café.

“Bastard,” I mumbled.

“Bitch,” she said. “So,” she smiled at me. “Kyle, huh?” she smirked. I blushed an looked down. “He’s hot,” she said, linking arms with me and walking to the cafeteria.

Lunch was fun. Having everyone in a table laughing, it kind of made me miss my friends back in London. It was different though. Back in London, everyone seemed to be on the same page, the same level in friendship, that everyone was just even. No leaders, no followers, just equal. Here, it felt as if Alexa lead the entire group. I felt like Alexa and Mike were clashing because of their personalities. I just kept quiet and stayed observant.

I noticed that the bimbo table had been whispering to each other and looked towards my direction. I looked behind me and saw nothing, since we were at the very end of the field already and that just ensured that they were unsuccessfully secretly gossiping about me. I rolled my eyes as I caught Jay’s

When the bell rang, I groaned, smacking my head against the table. “What’s up with you?” Cameron asked as he walked by the table that had once been occupied by the group I was previously with.

“I hate my next class,” I mumbled as I got up from my seat.

“What class do you have?”

“Performing Arts,” I mumbled.

“With Mr. S?” he asked me, and I just nodded. “I have that class with you,” he smiled.

“Really?” I smiled.

“Yup,” he nodded at me. “So, you don’t like Performing Arts or what?”

“I just hate my partner,” I mumbled.

“Well, good luck with that, Mr. S is strict with partnersm,” he smirked, making me groan again, causing him to laugh. “I’ll see you around,” he said when we got into the auditorium and went towards his friends. I took a seat, and started texting Alexa.

‘Lex, I'm gonna die’

‘Aww. You’ll be fine Hazel :)’ she replied

‘Gaaaah! Kill me!,’ I sent before it got snatched out of my hands. “What the fuck?,” I growled.

“You hate spending time with me that much?” Jay laughed reading my messages. “Plus, there’s already a line of girls that wanna kill you, so don’t you worry.”

“You’re gonna die, Ryan Jerome Dolciani, you are going to fucking die,” I glared at him.

His eyes turned into slits, and a smirk was forming on his lips. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” he whispered menacingly. He then smiled at me. “We have to go practice now,” he said, clapping his hands. “Oh, and Haze babe, don’t you ever call me by my full name ever again,” he said with full seriousness.

“Oh Ryan babe, don’t you ever call me Haze or babe ever again,” I said sweetly just to taunt him. He was about to say something, but I beat him to it. “Now, we were to practice right? Before we begin, we shall set some ground rules.”

“What might that be?” he asked.

“Leave me alone.”

“That’s no problem for me, but I think we’re kind of partners”

“No shit Sherlock”, I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. “Then that’s the only time we socialize,” I shrugged, as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

“Deal,” he said, holding out a hand.

“Uhm, no. That’s pushing it, Dolciani.” I turned around and made my way towards the instruments. “What are we playing?” I asked him, seated on the drums.

He shrugged. “Let’s start with something easy,” he said grabbing an acoustic guitar, and sat down a few feet away from me. I gave him a questioning look. “You don’t have to play the drums for this,” he smirked. I rolled my eyes and stood next to him. “Do you know the song Hangover by Hey Monday?” he asked me.

I scoffed. “Jr Dolciani listens to Hey Monday?” I smirked. He gave me a confused look. Aww. That was so adorable! Snap out of it Hazelyn! “I thought you’d only be listening to Usher, Eminem or something,” I told him.

“Aren’t you being a little but hypocritical, DeLuca?” he laughed.

“Huh?” It was my turn to get confused.

He pointed at me from head to toe then back again. I gave him another confused look. “You’re cute when you look confused,” he said. I blushed at that statement and looked down. “And when you blush,” he grinned. “Fuck, I never expected to make Hazelyn DeLuca blush,” he smirked.

“Leave it alone,” I mumbled. “As you were saying?”

“Anyways, the way you dress. It says ‘I don’t believe in Stereotypes’,” he simply told me.

“How’d you-?” I asked him. Did I ever tell him that?

He shrugged. “Maybe a girl that’s wearing a shirt from Abercrombie, jeans from Pac-sun, shoes from Zumiez and accessories from Hot Topic would give me a hint,” he laughed, then shook his head. “Let’s get started,” he said and started off.

“Should I be scared that you know where everything is from? And how accurate you were?” I asked him.

The rest of the class went smoothly. It was fun being in good terms with Ryan (yeah, I’ve decided to call him that to get on his nerves, and because he calls me Haze), and when you forget he’s basically a man whore. I mean come on, if all the girls are after you, and you’re a teenage guy with hormones? I’d say it’s impossible for you to keep yourself from doing something.

When the bell rang, I walked over to where I left my bag, grabbed it, and made my way towards my locker. I had a free period, that they said starts today, since they cut off the last class yesterday for practice or something like that.

“What class do you have next?” Ryan asked me.

“Wouldn’t you like to know,” I mumbled.

“Yes, I would like to know,” he smirked at me.

“Well, I have free period”

“Cool, me too,” he smiled at me. I raised an eyebrow.

“Well bye now,” I said to him and turned around, going towards the main building

“What are you gonna do for the rest of the day?” he asked persistently.

“Go home,” I simply said, walking up the stairs towards the door.

“Nice ass,” he laughed.

“Perv,” I mumbled and made my way towards my locker. I thought he already left, but after I closed my locker, he startled me since he was leaning on the locker next to mine. “I should ask for a locker change,” I muttered.

“Hey, most girls would kill for your locker,” he smirked.

“Hell be damned that I’m not like your sluts,” I rolled my eyes at him and walked towards the exit.

“So, where are we off to?” he asked casually.

“Well, I’m off to somewhere. I don’t know about you,” I said, and went towards the parking lot, remembering where I parked, and made my way towards my white car, opening the door, and throwing my bag into the passenger side, and heard an ‘oof’. “Get out,” I commanded and he just smiled at me.

“I have nothing better to do,” he shrugged.

“Maybe get checked for STD’s?,” I suggested.

“Ouch,” he fake clutched into his chest. “I wouldn’t need that,” he said. “All the girls I’ve been with are clean,” he smirked.

“Too much info,” I said, giving him a disgusted look.

“I’m just kidding,” he said. About what? I don’t know, but I wasn't about to ask.

“Are you seriously coming along?” I wondered. He nodded. “And what if I take you to an old abandoned factory, and leave you there to rot?” I asked and he just shrugged. “Just don’t expect me to bring you back here,” I told him, backing out of the parking space.

“You drive stick?”, he smirked. “Can you get any hotter?” I rolled my eyes. I decided to go towards Starbucks. “Starbucks?” he laughed. “Nice place for a first date,” he said sarcastically. I grabbed my bag from him and took out my wallet, then walked into the coffee shop.

“Hi, what can I get you?” the girl asked. She was around our age maybe. She had short red hair and grayish blue eyes.

“Can I get a Venti Green Tea Frap please? 2 extra scoops of matcha and instead of whole milk can you change that to soy please? No whip,” I said. “And a butter croissant please?” I told her with a smile.

“Anything else?,” she glared at me. What the fuck? I was being polite!

“Yeah, can I get a Venti White Chocolate Mocha Frap?” Ryan said from beside me. Oh, right. Abercrombie god with me.

“Of course you can,” the girl sent him a flirty smile, and he sent one back at her, which made her giggle. I rolled my eyes. Of course. It was a reminder that I was with the Jr Dolciani “That will be 13 dollars,” she giggled. I took out my wallet, only for it to be snatched by Ryan and he handed the girl 15 dollars. “Out of fifteen,” she said, writing something down on the receipt and gave it back to him along with two dollars.

“Keep the change,” he told her, just took the receipt and she nodded a thank you.

I leaned against the wall, and waited for our drinks. “Can I please have my wallet back?” I asked him, and he did. I was surprised, I thought he would put a fight for it, but he didn’t.

“Jr,” the girl called out.

“I’ll get it,” he said and I nodded. He walked over to the counter, where he took both our drinks and my croissant.

“Thanks,” I mumbled.

“Welcome,” he smiled. “So, you wanna sit?,” he asked. I shrugged and took a seat on the couch at the corner of the room. “Green tea?” he asked me. “Doesn’t that sound kind of weird?” he raised an eyebrow at me.

“No, it’s pretty good, you should try it,” I said as I took my straw out and pushed it towards him. Why I did such a thing? I don’t know, but he paid for it. He gave me an uncertain look as he took his own straw and took a sip out of my drink.

His face brightened up, and nodded. “You’re right, that’s pretty good,” he grinned. I just smiled and tore a piece of my croissant and ate it.

“So…,” he said after a few moments of silence. “The girl was pretty, huh?,” he smirked. Well there’s the Jr Dolciani I know. Boys will be boys. And reminder, this one isn’t any different.

After awhile, we just sat there talking about random crap, surprisingly in a civilized way until my brother had texted me to ask if I’d done my homework.

“I’ll just drop you off at school, so you can get your car,” I told him, standing up and throwing out my trash. He nodded and walked towards the car. The ride back to school was quiet, with a quiet hum of music in the background.

“See, you didn’t drag me off and get me killed,” he smirked before he got out of the car.

I smirked back. “You never know Dolciani,” I said looking straight ahead.

“You’re not bad DeLuca,” he chuckled. “I’ll see you around,” he said stepping out.

“Ryan?” I called before he closed the door. He lowered his head back down to look at me. “I still hate you, you know.”

“I still hate you too, don’t worry,” he smiled and walked towards his car.

I sped home, and started doing my homework. There is no way I am going to be starting off on the wrong foot this year, Hell No.

Again, the morning routine continues. Physics with Ryan was boring. We just sat there, having a poke war.

“I’m so sleepy,” he yawned.

“Ooh, what were you doing last night?” I joked. He wiggled his eyebrows at me, which caused me to laugh out loud and the teacher shot me a look, along with the cheerleader that was glaring at me from the seat in front of me.

“You should laugh more often,” he whispered to me once the teacher went back to her lesson.

“Don’t push it Ry,” I smiled and turned back to the teacher before he could protest with my close of name.

Lunch, well it was interesting. Alexa had to run errands for lunch, so I was stuck with walking to the lunch table by myself, which I didn’t mind of course. At least not until I was surrounded by a mob of angry cheerleaders.

“Is it true?” a red head asked me.

“What?” I asked, completely clueless.

“You and Jr,” a blonde spoke up.

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow, and busted out laughing once I saw the girl from my physics class as the third and last one from the group.

“Well, what? Answer us!” the redhead spoke again.

“Do you and Jr have something going on?” the girl from my physics class sneered.

“He’s all Crystal’s, you do know that right?” the blonde said.

I looked at each of them and smirked. “First of all, you cannot own somebody, especially if the person isn’t interested,” I said matter-of-factly. “So think all you want princesses, at least you have something to do with your nonexistent brain,” I scoffed and walked past them.
♠ ♠ ♠
HERE YOU GUYS GOOO!
There's my explanation on the name :) More back story with the name will be shown in the next couple of chapters :)