‹ Prequel: 16 And 24
Status: Completed (:

You Can't Save Me Now

Two

Throwing his keys onto the counter, Max Green carelessly shed his leather jacket off and onto the hallways’ floor. Kicking the front door closed behind him, his current girlfriend, Lexus, pressed play on the answering machine before walking over to Max and wrapping her arms around his middle. Max reached deep into his pocket for the certain powder as he half listened to the unheard messages.

Yo, Dude it’s Rob. Craig said he couldn’t get a hold of you so he wanted me to call and try, too. Anyways, that’s not the point, the point is practice has been rescheduled for tonight and it’s at Craig’s. Sorry, man. I know how you don’t want to see Shay, but Jess is having some sort of girls night tonight at the apartment and well, she kicked me out. Call one of us back if you get this, bye,” as Roberts voice cleared off the machine with the final sounding ’beep’, Max stopped pushing the powder into four straight lines.

“Who’s Shay?” Lexus’ annoying high pitched voice questioned. Shaking his head, Max pushed Lexus’ arms off his waist and walked out of the kitchen and to him bedroom. Quickly walking in and slamming the door, Max pressed the lock and pressed his body up against it as he slowly slid down to the carpet. Reaching into this skinny jeans pocket, Max pulled out his cell phone. Flipping it open, and dialing the familiar number he listened to the call tone as he waited for someone to pick up.

“Hello,” Ronnie Radke’s voice questioned on the other end of the phone. Breathing in a sigh of relief, Max quickly swallowed and said, “Ronnie, you got to help me, the bands practice is a Craig‘s tonight.”

On the other end of the phone, Max heard shuffling and Ronnie muttering a quiet but firm, “Get the fuck out.” and a high pitched squeal. “Sorry dude, I’m back. Now, so your saying practice is now out Craig’s? What ever happened to Rob’s place?” Ronnie questioned as he closed his apartment door behind his recent whore.

“Jess, Rob’s girlfriend, is having some kind of party with her friends tonight. Rob said that Jess kicked him out, thus making us have the practice at the second decent place, Craig’s” Max muttered, while pulling on the carpets ends.

“Is Shayna going to be there with your…uh…kid?” Ronnie questioned, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

“I think,” Max started, “I mean both her and Craig are what? Engaged now.” Engaged. That word left a bad after taste settling on his tongue. Shayna was suppose to be his, Aiden was suppose to be his, not Craig’s. Yet, he gave it all up once he started running for the hills when Ronnie confronted Shayna. He let Shayna fall right into Craig’s awaiting arms, because… well even he didn’t know why he did it.

“Yeah, their engaged. So what are you going to do?” Ronnie questioned. Sitting up straighter, Max fixed his shirt. “What do you mean, ‘what are you going to do’? I’m going to band practice,” Max said like there was nothing wrong with it.

Sighing, Ronnie saw nothing good coming out of this task. Running a hand through his hair, Ronnie said into the phone, “Max, just don’t go there high. I mean, don’t do it for me or the guys but for Aiden.”

Ignoring what his best friend said he quickly muttered a, “whatever,” and hung up the phone. Getting up off the floor, Max tossed his phone onto his bed and stretched before saying, “He acts like I’m always high, I am not always high.” Before unlocking the door and swiftly going back to his job making lines.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, I know.
I just wanted to, you know introduce some people.
Cam will probably start the next chapter with the people coming to practice so I didn't want to spoil anything.
Please comment and subscribe.