‹ Prequel: 16 And 24
Status: Completed (:

You Can't Save Me Now

Six

I could tell Craig was up to something, he's been moping around for two weeks. He doesn't even bother to straighten his hair, which is a bad sign.

Aidan was at daycare, so I decided this was the time to speak up. "Craig?"

"Hm?" He groaned from the couch. I went over and sat next to him.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Mhm, why?"

"Well, I just noticed you were kind of moping around and not straightening your hair." I pointed out.

"My hair? Is it really showing?" HE asked running his fingers through his hair rapidly. "Shit," He said giving up.

"What's wrong, you know you can tell me anything Craig."

He hesitated. "I-I slept with another girl and she's p-p-"

"Spit it out Craigifer Edwards Mabbitt!"

"She's pregnant!" He finished his sentence.

Complete utter silence filled the room, I was speechless. He slept whit some other woman, and got her pregnant? And we were getting married in soon too!

"What. The. Fuck?" I yelled.

"Shayna I'm sorry, I was just so mad, and I don't know what I was thinking-"

"Obviously you didn't! Craig this is just-- ugh!" I scooted away from him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Shay, I'm really sorry. She called earlier and told me.. I-I just don't know what to do." Craig began to cry.

Okay; this I have never seen before, I felt so bad for him. I've been in the same spot as him: not knowing what to do.
I uncrossed my arms, scooted closer and wrapped my arms around Craig, allowing him to cry on my shoulder.

-X-

An hour or so later Craig calmed down, and I needed comfort. "Craig, I'm going to go out for a little while, are you going to be okay?" I asked grabbing Craig's black Bless The Fall sweatshirt.

"Yeah, I'll call the guys and they'll come over and entertain me." He said grabbing the phone.

"Okay, I love you." I said kissing him.

"Love you too,"

I walked out the door heading down the block towards Ronnie's house. It kind of freaked me out to the memory of what happened the last time I was over there. Ronnie kissing me, Max being there and he heard everything I said about him walking back into my life...

Good, I hope he'll leave me alone now.
I finally made it to Ronnie's house, I rang the doorbell and waited. Finally about 1 minute later he answered the door.

"Shay! You're back! I thought we scared you away last time you were here." He said pulling me through the door way.

"No, you could never scare me away, you're my second comfort zone." I smiled.

Ronnie laughed sitting down on the couch, he offered a seat down next to him. "So what's on little Shayna's mind tonight?"

I sighed. "Well, I just found out Craig got another girl p-pregnant." The sentence stung, I could feel a lump in my throat, I knew I was going to cry, but I didn't want to. Now was the time to be strong.

"Oh fuck, now way!" Ronnie yelled.

"Yep," My voice cracked a bit. Shit! Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry!

"I'll kill him if you want me to." Ronnie offered.

"Ronald! No!" I answered quickly. "God, you're my best friend not my personal hit-man."
Although he could kill Max...

"You sure?" He asked.

"I'm positive," I smiled, reassuring him that I didn't want him to kill my fiance.

Ding-dong, ding-dong, ding-dong

"I'm coming, hold you're horses!" Ronnie yelled getting up.

A few minutes later he came back in with someone I really didn't want to see; Maxwell Scott Green.

"Hey Shay," Max said sitting next to me.

"Hi..."

Ronnie plopped down next to me, so now I was in the middle in between Ronnie and Max. Ronnie I didn't really mind, he's my friend. But Max... uh, he's a whole different story!

"I gotta go, I told Craig I would only be out for a bit." I said slowly getting up.

Max's hand snapped up and grabbed my arm pushing me back on the couch.

"Aw, why don't you stay a little bit longer?" Max asked standing up.

"No, I really can't," I attempted to get back up again, ut Max pushed me back down. "Max let me go!"

"Max," Ronnie warned, I looked over at Ronnie. His voice scared me... it just wasn't Ronnie, it was too deep, too hurtful.

Max released my arm and let me get up. Ronnie got up too and followed me to the door.
Once we were outside I hugged him. "I'll see you later, 'kay?"

"Okay, I'll talk to Max. He might be a little loopy, if you catch my drift." Ronnie said winking.

"You guys should really stop that stuff, its going to destroy you someday." I said hugging him again.

"And when that day comes little Shayna, I'll stop. But for now," He released me. "I'll be me." He smiled.

"Whatever, destroy you're brain cells-- if you had any to destroy." I giggled.

"Fuck you, go home!" He laughed lightly pushing me.

"Love you too, Ronnie." I joked.

"Mhm, by the sounds of it, you must. Don't think I haven't forgot about that kiss Shayna Lee Star!" He yelled.

"Fuck you!"

"Most likely!" And with that he slammed his door shut.

Did I just flirt with Ronnie..?
"Shit."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda long, I tried.
Craig, you made an big uh-oh!
Shay... tsk-tsk...

Comment?? :D