One Boy, One Girl

"I have to tell you something"

~~~Lily’s pov~~~ ~~~The Next Morning~~~

“Morning,” I said smiling at Marshall as I sat down next to him on the bus.
“Mmm,” he whined looking up at me. I stared at his face for a moment. His eye was black and blue and he looked so tired.

“What happened to you?” I asked confused. I had to know what happened to him. I sort of already knew what happened. DeAngelo Bailey happened.
“Nothing,” he mumbled looking down at the floor of the bus, trying to hide his eye.
“That is not nothing, Marshall,” I said disappointed. I hated it when people tried hide things from me. Marshall sighed loudly without looking at me.

“It’s fine, its nothing. Let it go,” Marshall grumbled though his teeth. I sighed loudly causing a few stares from some other kids, but I didn’t care.
“It was DeAngelo wasn’t it?” I asked him, already knowing the answer. He shrugged as if he didn’t know. “Fine, whatever, Marshall,” I sighed dropping the subject. If he didn’t want to tell me I guess that’s ok.

What could I do about it anyway? Nothing, that’s right. I’m a girl. I just hated when people picked on other kids. This wasn’t picking, this was beating. I sighed as Marshall remained silent.

~~~About a week later~~~

I sat on a bench outside of school waiting for Marshall. It was the weekend finally. Ronnie walked out with is girlfriend Ciara. “Hey guys, have you seen Marshall?” I asked.
“He should be around,” Ronnie responded sitting down on the bench next to me. “Speak of the devil,” Ronnie joked as Marshall walked over to the bench slowly. I smiled at him, he slightly smiled back.

“Hi,” I mumbled after a while.
“Hi,” he whispered.
“You wanna walk today?” I asked him. He shrugged.
“Sure,” he said quietly. I stood up and followed Marshall as he walked off.
“Where are we going?” I asked him, I glanced back. Ronnie and Ciara were walking off in a different direction.

“It doesn’t matter, I just want to talk to you,” Marshall said softly. I gave him a funny look. “Let’s just go to the park,” he said. We walked off towards the park. I wonder what Marshall wants to talk about?
“Ok,” I mumbled shortly after.

~~~

“So what did you wanna talk about?” I asked Marshall as we sat down at a picnic table.
“I have to tell you something,” he mumbled. He seemed nervous; he started picking at the paint on the table.
“Well?” I asked for him to go on.
“I uh… wanted to tell you…that…that I like you…like more than a friend,” he stuttered quietly. He kept his eyes on the table, like he was afraid of what I would say or do. He must not have been able to tell that I like him. Guys are sometimes blind like that. “Well say something,” he said finally looking up at me.

“Really? You actually like me?” I asked surprised, I never though he’d like me. Ne nodded with a half smile, I smiled, but I think I smiled a bit too much cause Marshall looked at me like I was crazy. “I wanted to tell you that I like you too, but I was afraid you wouldn’t like me back,” I said still a bit in shock. He scoffed.

“I’ve liked you since we first met, you’re really the only person who knows I exist besides Ronnie,” he said.
“Same. So…” I said stretching out the word so. I didn’t know what to say then, I never been in a situation like this before.
“Umm, be my girlfriend?” he asked. I smiled and nodded agreeing to what he just asked.

~~~

We walked down the sidewalk sort of into the woods. There was snow piled up everywhere on the sidewalk so it was hard to walk. “I don’t like this,” I complained.
“Neither do I,” Marshall grumbled as we continued to walk. We had to climb up a snow bank in order to get to the street on the other side.

“I’ll go first,” Marshall stated looking around for a good spot to go up. He found a spot that already had foot prints to walk in. He reached the top and held out his hand for to help me. I grabbed it; he pretty much pulled me up. He pulled too hard cause he fell backwards and slid down the hill, causing me to slide with him.

He landed right before the road started me on top of him. “Well that was fun,” I said sarcastically. Marshall laughed slightly.
“Ok, this is cold, get off,” Marshall demanded. I stepped off of him, stepping onto the road. He stood up and bushed the snow off his pants and wherever else he could reach. I bushed the rest off his back.

“I’m hungry,” I complained as we walked down the street, cars passing by not allowing us to cross the road. Marshall reached into his pocket and pulled out some money. I gave him a funny look as he counted out to 20 bucks. “Where’d you get that?” I asked pointing to it.

“Stole it from my mom,” he said like it was nothing.
“Uhh… is she gonna get mad now?” I asked.
“I don’t really care,” he said as we finally could cross the street. We had to run, but at least we got across.

We walked on the other side of the street where there was a Taco Bell. We ordered our food that sat at table in the back. “Thanks for the food,” I said before biting into the taco.
“Yeah, of course,” he said with a smile.

“Hey, were where you at lunch today?” I questioned.
“I was taking care of some things,” Marshall mumbled not looking at me.
“What things?” I asked. I wanted to know what he was up to. For the past few days, he hasn’t been at lunch, and hes missed some classes.
“Umm…it’s kinda hard to explain. I can show you Monday,” he told me.
“Ok?” I said in a form of a question, how can he not explain what he’s doing. I guess it’s easier to show me. I really wanna know what he’s been up to, I’m excited.

~~~

“You ready?” Marshall asked. He had asked me to meet him at the end of the stairs before class. Class was about to start, I didn’t really want to be late but I something told me not to care. y
“Yes!” I nodded saying it quickly. He smiled and took my hand.
“We have to be sneaky, cause if we get caught we’ll get detention and I hate that damn place,” Marshall said, he seemed irritated.

We suck out of the school and went into a back ally near by, where there was a bunch of older kids, most of them were black. They were talking really fast, and rhyming. “What’s going on?” I questioned.
“It’s a rap battle,” Marshall said. I saw Ronnie walk up to another kid. They began to insult each other by rapping.
“What’s the point of this?” I asked. Marshall looked at me as if I was crazy.

“Rapping, it’s a rap battle. Battle it out to see who’s a better rapper,” he explained. “See, I wanna be a rapper. Ronnie and I make tapes with each other a lot,” Marshall told me.
“Oh…” I said a bit confused. I didn’t really know what rap was. Back in South Dakota, everyone pretty much like just country music, not rap music.

“So when do go up there?” I asked pointing to where Ronnie stood.
“Umm in a bit, I get to go against him,” he said pointing so some kid. “They call him Lil Rick,” Marshall told me. I gave him a funny look. “Everyone has their own rap name,” Marshall explained. I nodded slowly.
“What’s yours?” I questioned.
“M&M,” he said. I gave him a confused look.
“Like the candy?” I asked. He nodded.
“Well, kinda…it just cause of my first and last name you know?” I said. I nodded in understanding.

Marshall stepped up to this Lil Rick guy and did his thing. I had a hard time understanding what he was talking about but he must have done well because he won. He didn’t get anything for it but a pat on the back. Really? He does this all just to get a congratulations here and there. Well I guess it’s what he wants to do and I will respect that.

~~~

After school we sat at the park on a bench just talking. It was our second day together. I was really enjoying this. I liked the fact that I didn’t really have any friends to take me away from Marshall. Or make them feel bad cause I would be spending a lot of time with Marshall.

It got silent for a bit, it was kinda awkward, Marshall was staring at me. I didn’t really understand what he was planning on doing. He started leaning forward towards me. Oh, he wants to kiss, he stopped half way. He must have seen my nervous face. I leaned forward, our lips centimeters apart. He leaned in closer we pressed or lips together.

Our first kiss, we kissed lightly at first then began to get more into it. I pulled away after awhile. Marshall looked at me and licked his lips. I smiled at him, he smiled back.

~~~

It started to get late. “I gotta get going home,” I said after a bit.
“Oh ok…” Marshall mumbled. We stood up, he took my hand. We started walking but ended up getting stopped by some creepy looking lady.
♠ ♠ ♠
You like?!?! COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eminem is taking over Fuse on MONDAY!!! But the CD is more important.... lol