Regrets Remembered, Once Forgotten

Face Your Fears

So... I have escaped with my life just now. And I have nothing to do. Yalley could come back and kill me but she seems a little mad right now. She had voices in her head arguing! I don't know why I heard them, either. Maybe when you're a ghost, you connect with the person you're controlling. But that doesn't explain why the first time I didn't.

Once again, a "why." Now, where to go, where to go. I can't possibly stay here, but I have nowhere else. My mother wouldn't believe me and I have no friends. I'll figure it out. I just came close to death. I am running on an adrenaline rush and I'm sure my mind will come up with something!

No longer scared, I ran all the way to my bedroom and started packing what I could. I didn't take much considering I didn't really have anything in my room. My thoughts hazing over as I realized, I'm all alone in the world. Oh, how I wish I had a best friend.

I zipped up my suitcase and quickly got dressed into appropriate traveling clothes. My keys were resting on the end table in the front hall where I retrieved them and ran for my small car after locking the door, with my luggage in tow and my brown choppy hair blowing in the breeze.

Looking up, all around me the landscape was lush green and beautiful, betraying no signs of the evil lurking in the shadows. The scarce amount of animals that lived there rustled in the bushes. My voice caught in my throat as I caught a far off haze disappearing from view. The winds continually blowing my hair in my face, and as I put it behind my right ear, the haze was already gone.

I opened the trunk, forgetting my troubled thoughts. My mind was a blank slate, and every movement of mine was done robotically. As I straightened my back, I looked at the home that housed me for the past years. It stood rock still with no sign of movement. The windows all closed as I left them with black curtains right behind them. Except one with a white curtain-- wait, I never bought any..

I opened the door on the driver's side and hopped in. With the key in the ignition and my head numb, I speed off. Just to clear my alarmed thoughts, I looked in the rear-view mirror. Nothing was shown except trees and a white house leaving over the horizon.

Yalley didn't seem to be following me, but that's a good thing. I can escape with my life.

Just barely, I noticed a white haze out of the corner of my right eye. It was jumping over loose branches and scattered rocks. Abruptly, I steered to the left where there was a fork in the road. I turned too fast, though, and almost crashed into a tree.

I continued on my way before I realized that I wasn't making progress, just worsening it. For one, I was heading deeper into the forest, not into the nearby town. With that thought in my head, I put the car in reverse and drove backwards all the way until I met the fork in the road once again. The problem was that this time there was a cut down tree in it. There was no way around and the only small opening my car could fit through was covered with debris.

How a ghost manages that amazing feat, I have no idea. All I did know was, I was in a heap load of trouble. That and... the sun was already setting.

The dark started looming in. The shadows from the trees were made larger. Everywhere I turned my head, darkness stood with a creeping hand outstretched toward me. My car stood motionless with me inside. Everything seemed to move in the deep, dark forest. It may have been my imagination, but I sure as hell would not take the chance to find out.

I stuck the car in drive and readied myself to drive over the tree. It didn't seem that big from my point of view and I secretly hoped that my car could pass over without trouble. The car rumbled loudly as I stepped on the gas and braced myself for a ride.

The bump never came. And before I knew what happened, once again a chill enveloped me, my eyes burned beneath my closed eyelids, and my mind was filled with the thoughts of another person.

"I want to talk to you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sounds like a scary movie, eh?

- Alexx