Status: Just started. We hope you like it!

Summer Lovin'

Chapter Thirteen

I tried to quietly sneak out of the house and cursed as the front door squeaked open. And that right there ladies and gentleman is what I absolutely hate about my house. Everything fucking squeaks. You’d think that, this being the ‘upper part’ of society as dear old dad likes to call it, the house would be better oiled but no.

“Markus, where are you going?” My shoulders tensed before relaxing and I looked over to the stairs to see Carter staring at me. I smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of my head while trying to come up with an excuse. He snorted and walked down the rest of the stairs, crossing his arms over his chest and raising an eyebrow at me. “Harper’s a big boy Markus, he doesn’t need you taking care of him all the time.”

I scowled, glaring at him. “As if you have any excuse to talk dog boy. Aiden’s got you wrapped around his little finger. What Aiden wants, what Aiden gets.” He puffed and started towards me with murder in his eyes and I am proud to tell you…that I ran away like the little bitch that I am.

Okay, yes, I ran from a fight. But Carter’s fucking scary when you insult Aiden. Not even James can match Carter’s scariness and James is like fucking Freddy Krueger people. Shaking my head, I hopped into my car and began the long trek to Harper’s place.

Now, I love my boyfriend, but I kinda of wish that he lived a little bit closer to my place. That way I wouldn’t have to take the car. Simply because I hate driving so much. When I was little me and my mom were going somewhere - I can’t remember where - and our car got hit by another car. Now, the worst either of us got was a broken arm on my part and a concussion on hers, but getting hit by a car is scary no matter how badly you get hurt.

So yeah, that concludes the story of why I hate driving. Oh look, James’s place! Oh, he doesn’t look happy. I drove past and stared at him in my rearview mirror, trying to figure out why he was outside at - I looked over to the clock - six in the morning. Then I saw him throw a paper or something at a house and it all became clear.

You see, you people out there so completely interested in what I have to say, James has worked as a paperboy for the past three years for some extra money, so he obviously has to get up early. I’m confused as to why I didn’t remember that but eh. I’m almost to Harper’s so it doesn’t matter.

I parked alongside his yard and turned of the car, scowling. In case you’re wondering why, a certain Mr. Swarez’s car was parked in my boyfriend’s driveway. And Ethan is my best friend but god damn him! Harper should be calling his boyfriend to comfort him, not Ethan no matter how much closer Ethan lived.

I took a deep breath and got out, locking the car up before heading into Harper’s house. Waving at the wonderful Mrs. Miller who looked confused as shit - probably because I was there and not her son’s bed like she thought I was - I quickly bound up the stairs and opened Harper’s door.

And sure enough, there was Ethan curled up around my angel with the most satisfied looking smirk on his face. I quietly walked over and looked down at them, my anger mounting when I saw how happy Harper looked to be in Ethan’s arms.

As I watched Harper cuddled closer to Ethan and smiled wider, making me see red. “Mark…” That one word calmed my anger down immediately. I smiled widely and flicked Ethan’s head, just to get a little bit of revenge against him for being the one my boyfriend went to instead of me.

Ethan flinched and opened his eyes, which slowly focused on me. He stared blankly at me before realization came and he jumped from the bed, jolting Harper from his sleep and falling to the floor. I burst into laughter and sat down on the bed so I wouldn’t join him on the floor.

Harper looked around sleepily before yawning and curling up against my side like a kitten. I went ‘aw’ and pulled him into my arms, glaring at Ethan. Ethan shrugged, holding his hands up in surrender. “I’m sorry! I couldn’t just leave him hanging though, that would have been a huge asshole move!” He cried quietly, waving his arms around like an anime character.

I chuckled and shook my head. “It’s fine Ethan. See you later.” Recognizing the obvious dismissal in my voice, he nodded and quickly left the room. I looked down at Harper and decided to talk to him about it later after he woke up. I settled back against the headboard and began my wait.

But hey, at least he’s cute to look at.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wonder if it's bad luck that Markus is coming for the first time during the thirteenth chapter. And by first time I mean I stole his point of view virginity. Yeah! Oh, it's been so long since I've updated. Sorry, one faithful commenter. To my silent lurkers, a comment honoring Markus might be a good idea *hint hint wink wink* Next up is Harper, I'm pretty sure of that. Harper or Aiden. Pleas be Harper.

Any who, I hoped you all enjoyed this very late update.