Status: Slowly but surely :D

Last Flight Home

I Wanna Fall So In Love With You and No One Else

-Alex POV-

As we continued to walk down the long hallway, my body felt weaker and my emotions were taking a stronger hold on me. I was about to see Blake after not seeing or talking to her for over four days. I was nervous that she would just take one look at me and order me out of the room. Or even worse, never talk to me again. All I could do was hope for the best… right?

The nurse halted in front of a room and she turned toward us. The nurse backed away and waved her hand toward the door.

"She's sleeping now," the nurse stated, "Here we are. You're welcome to go in. Good luck. I'll leave you two alone."

Good luck? Funny yet accurate words.

The nurse left us alone and I looked over at Jack. You could tell that he was nervous but he tried to hide it.

"You ready?" I asked waiting for his response.

Jack stood there for a moment and made complete eye contact with me. He was in pain and you could tell by just looking in his eyes.

"Its going to be okay," I told him while patting his back. I hoped that he would believe my words but I could tell that he was upset about something much more. Something was killing him and I had an idea of what it was. It was about Blake and he was afraid that he wouldn't get her.

"Let's just do this," Jack muttered slowly walking into the room. I followed closely behind him, not being able to wait to see her face.

I closed my eyes and put my head down. I thought that I was ready to see her but I didn't want to see what I caused.

"Alex," Jack let out, "Look."

I took his word for it because he was my best friend and he wouldn't do anything to cause me to suffer…usually. I lifted my eyes up and stared in front of me. I couldn't feel a single cell in my body. There she was- my girl. My girl was in the hospital bed hooked up to monitors and too much shit that I hated seeing but there was one thing that made it all better. Seeing Blake's face. My heart skipped a few beats. Her face had those tints of pink that I missed so dearly. Jack and I looked back at each other and back at Blake. We both went to either side of the bed and we were prepared to wait until she woke up.

I slid my hand under hers that lied at her side. I gripped it tightly and kissed it softly. Jack brushed the hair out of her face and ran his hand across her cheek. He was so good to her. It made me look like a piece of shit. Well…

-An Hour Later-

She was still sleeping and both Jack and I were still in the same spot that we sat down in when we first entered. Who knew a girl could sleep so long? I was tempted to get the rest of the band in here and start playing some songs but I don't think the hospital would have it. My knee began to twitch and my eyes never left her face. Just fucking wake up already!

-Blake's POV-

My head felt like it was spinning into a black pit of doom. My eyes filled with the darkness that I never wanted to return to. My body told me its time to wake up and go back into reality but I was tempted to let the black pit of doom take me. I pushed everything out of the way and let my eyes flutter open. The light took hold of my eyes and burned my retinas. Everything was blurry for a moment until I saw that I was in a white and bland room. I didn't even have to look at anything else because I knew that I was in a hospital. Why in the hell was I here? I was on the…tour bus… I think? Was this a dream? Or better yet, a nightmare.

My eyes focus straight ahead and I saw the door that I was going to run to. I began to push the light sheets that covered my body away and started to push the wires off that we attached to me.

"BLAKE!" a voice yelled and I immediately felt arms embrace me. I winced at the noise because my head still was in pain.

I glanced down at the arms around me and saw it was a dark-haired boy with a scrawny body.

"Jack," I sighed in relief. Jack took his arms from me and stared into my eyes with his chocolate browns of beauty.

"Thank god you're okay," he smiled and put his hand on the side of my cheek.

"What happened," I asked with concern. I really didn't remember anything.

"You passed out," Jack explained, "I think. You passed out from not eating and…emotional stress. Ironically enough. What scared me the most was that you weren't breathing. The nurse really didn't explain anything. It was really weird and for the most part, scary. I thought I lost you."

"You'll never lose me," I smiled slightly. Jack leaned in and I puckered my lips waiting for his. Just as he was seconds away from my lips, he kissed my forehead for the longest time… not what I expected.

"That's different," I chuckled, "Jack attack usually goes for the lip locking."

"Yeah," he frowned, "Just not today." I nodded my head in a sweet yet depressed manner and looked over to the other side of the room. My heart halted. There I saw Alex curled up into a ball in the hospital chair next to me. Why in the fuck was he here?

"What is this?" I panicked getting the monitor on the screen hooked up to me increased in pace.

"It's okay Blake," Jack stated, "Alex loves you and he wants to make sure you're okay. Don't get stressed out. I don't want another episode of what happened last night."

"Why are you being nice to him," I questioned, "He broke my heart and I never want to see him again."

"You know just as well as I do that you love him and you are only putting on an act. Everyone knows that you love him still. You can't just stop loving someone like that Blake. You're telling me that you really want to say goodbye to the man that you first fell in love with?"

"Yes I do," I demanded, "Now get him out."

My eyes started to water just by looking at him. Jack was right. I couldn't stop loving someone like that. Alex was everything to me. Even though he screwed up, I wanted him back in my arms. It didn't feel right just staring at him and not running to him with his arms wide open.

Alex's body began to move restlessly and his eyes wandered open and over to me. We stared at each other for the longest time until Jack broke the silence.

"I'll leave you two alone," Jack suggested. I tried to pull Jack back to me but he was too quick for my liking. He darted out of the room before I could even blink. I groaned in despair and looked down at my hands in my lap. I twiddled my fingers around and did anything but look at Alex. All he had to do was look at me with those puppy dog eyes and I would take him back, but thats what I wanted…right?

I could feel his eyes lurking on me. Alex wiped his eyes with his hands for a few moments and then let out a loud sigh. I could tell that this was the start of it.

"Blake," Alex called, "We need to talk. I know you might be tired and not feeling too good but I can't wait any longer. I need to just talk."

Oh shit. Fuck. Shit. God dammit. Fuck my life. Whatever you wanted to describe this moment.

"I'm waiting," I coughed up and put my hands to my sides angrily.

Alex took a deep breath in and said, "Blake, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the way that I treated you and everything I did wrong to hurt you. You do not deserve that. I was such a douche bag to the person that I have loved from the moment I met her. I made a stupid decision and I wish that I could take it all back. I wish that I could at least remember what happened. I had no intention of making you feel like shit and putting you in this hospital which I will never get over. Bottom line is that I screwed up and I except the punishment. You don't have to say anything or forgive me but just tell me that you're okay. I want you to be okay above anything and everything else. That's all I care about. I know it didn't seem like that before but thats going to change. I will prove to you that I will change. Like I said you don't have to forgive me, you don't have to do anything, just let me be around you and show you that I will be a different person. I need you in my life Blake. Even if it isn't the way that I want it to be, I just want you there. I can't lose you. Not after I lost Daniel but look at where I am now. I'm causing you to slowly slip away and I'm a fucking idiot to let that happen. You are and will always be everything to me, no matter where life takes us. I want you there in every step of my life because I love you- forever and always."

I nearly cried harder because his speech touched me like no other. I wanted everything to be okay and for everything to be okay, it had to be with him. My life was with him and it always has been nor did I want it to change. I gave up everything for him and for me to give up so easily on what we had together… that was a shitty mood. All relationships had hard paths and I'm prepared to follow that winding road.

I was unsure how to follow after that speech, not only was I stunned from talking to him, my body was weak from the previous events and it was hard for me to concentrate. I softly bit my lip right before I gradually lifted my body and put my hands against either side of his cheeks.

"Kiss me Gaskarth," I smirked because thats the only thing that I could think to say.

Alex chuckled and inched closer to my face. His lips graced mine before he pushed our lips firmly together. Our lips moved in the same rhythm that they once did and I was perfectly fine with that. I could feel my cheeks heat up and by now, they had to be red as cherries. We both gained access into each other's mouth and each tried to gain dominance with our tongues. Alex gripped the back of my neck, desperate to keep me close. I lightly tugged on his shirt to allow us to lay across the hospital bed together. Alex crawled over me and pulled my body to his. Alex nibbled lightly on my lips and neck. I pushed my head back to give him the entrance that I missed so dearly. I grabbed his face and pressed his lips back to mine. He gripped my thigh and lifted it across his side for it to rest.

All of a sudden, we heard a loud rapid beating and Alex pulled away. He searched around the room to find any clues to what the noise was. His facial expression went from troubled to merriment. Alex lifted his finger to point to the heart monitor that I was hooked up to. My heart rate sky rocketed to an unimaginable level. Alex looked back at me and grinned.

"I can't help it if my heart beats only for you," I tried to play it off.

Alex giggled and responded with, "Maybe we should stop. I want my girl to be healthy."

"I am healthy when you're around," I admitted.

"Mmmm lets just be safe and let you rest," Alex pecked my lips and began to get out of the bed.

"Where do you think you're going mister?" I wondered with a playful expression on my face. "The doctor's said that I needed to take my medicine and thats you."

"I'd love to be your cure," he laughed before getting back into the uncomfortable bed. Alex wrapped me in his arms from behind and brushed my hair back.

"I love you Blake," he mumbled while gently pecking my neck with kisses.

"I love you too Alex," I smiled closing my eyes. It felt so good to say that out loud again. Alex and I closed our eyes together and Alex began to hum a familiar tune of his that swept me away and I drifted off into a land so perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update! Sorry guys that I haven't updated quicker than I wanted to and I apologize. On my last update, I was not pleased with the lack of comments that I received and I wish to have more on this update. If there are no comments, then no update. I want to know if you guys are happy with this story and I would love to here feedback.

Thanks again for being awesome and as always, comment!