Status: Slowly but surely :D

Last Flight Home

I Heard Everything You Said, I Don't Wanna Lose My Head

The sun broke through the windows cracks and its beams found their way under my eyelids. My arms stretched to the highest point that they could reach and I let out a small groan of tiredness.

My eyes focused around the room and I could only smile at what I saw. All the guys were passed out on the floor and the television repeated the DVD menu for Home Alone. I guess we all were too tired to watch a movie, even Jack since Home Alone was indeed his favorite.

I was snuggled up to Alex when a loud snore escaped his mouth. I squeaked lightly and flinched away from him for a moment. I shook my head at him while reaching around for his red hoodie. I slowly put the sleeves over my arms and moved the zipper upwards. The hoodie came to my mid thigh but it still kept me fairly covered since I woke up in only my boy-short underwear and tight fitting tank top.

I removed Alex’s arms from around my waist and headed to the kitchen where I found a refreshing glass of orange juice waiting for my throat. I gulped down the nice glass of pulp-free orange substance only to get another glass.

“You’re up bright and early,” a groggy sound came from behind me.

I turned and smiled at Jack with his crazy hair sticking out in every direction and eyes half open.

Why is it that every time I have a glass of oj, Jack is always near? It’s funny, but a bit creepy at times.

“Morning Jack,” I smiled coyly as I took a sip of my drink.

“Morning sunshine,” he responded. Jack made his way to the fridge to also get the orange juice, but he didn’t bother to get a glass.

“UH… manners?” I coughed and gave Jack a disgusted expression.

“It’s too early in the morning for that,” Jack pushed off out into the air.

I didn’t even bother to fight with him about it so I just watched him germ it up. There was no sense in trying to stop him now anyways; the carton already had Jack saliva all over it.

“So,” Jack swallowed, “How does it feel to be finally settled in your new home?”

I sighed before I spoke, “It feels really good to have a stable home that I know will always be here. It’s been forever since I’ve really felt at home.”

“I can only imagine.”

It was quiet for moments that we would never get back and I decided to go out to the back porch where it overlooked the entire city of Baltimore. The sun rested just above the horizon in preparation to shine in the sky during the day.

I sat on the swinging bench and curled my legs up to me. Jack followed close behind and did the same as I did.

“I forgot how beautiful it is out here,” I admitted to the morning air.

“Me too,” Jack agreed with me, “It’s nice to get a taste of home after being away for so long.”

I nodded my head in agreement and stared out into space for the longest time.

“Blake,” Jack said in a low voice. It sounded like he was up to something and that was never good.

“Yeah…”

“Do you regret anything in your past and wish that you could go back in time and change it?” Jack questioned with his eyes glaring into mine.

That was a loaded question… I didn’t know if my brain could even handle answering that question right now.

“Well,” I began, “I have no regrets. I believe that everything happens for a reason and everything has a purpose. Yeah, there are times that I do wish I could start things over, but everyone wishes that. If I changed something in the past, I couldn’t guarantee that I would still be sitting here with you right now. I’m happy with my life and I wouldn’t change it for the world. I’m going to live my life the way I want to and I know that I’m going to have bumps in the road, but there’s no stopping me from continuing on that path.”

Jack pondered my response for a few brief moments before raising his head to me and smiling. “Yeah I agree.”

“Why do you ask that?” I wondered about why he would ask that question.

“I’m just curious,” he gave the excuse but there was something holding the real answer back.

“Well all I know is that I’m glad to be here with you, Alex, and everyone else that I love and I can’t complain about anything,” I grinned as I gave Jack the biggest hug that I could. He squeezed me even tighter than I could expect and it was just what I needed.

“I know that I’ve said this before but thank you, Jack,” I explained, “thank you for you being you.”

“I can say the same for you Mrs. Gaskarth,” Jack added while pecking my forehead.

“Gosh that’s going to take some time to get used to,” I chuckled.

Jack laughed at me, “Same here. Being a Mrs. is going to be difficult for me. I don’t know if I can do it. It may take some time to grow boobs and have longer hair, but I’ll get there.”

I jokingly hit his chest and cackled at his stupidity.

“Uh I don’t think you’ll be my Mrs. in the near feature, but I heard that Chad Kroger from Nickelback is looking for someone,” a deep velvet voice entered the outside.

“I’ll go give him a call,” Jack considered and got up from the bench.

I twisted my body to see my lovely husband before me. He took Jack’s place on the bench, but he picked me up to set me in his lap.

“Hey,” Alex greeted me with a kiss on the cheek.

“Hey,” I whispered, “I didn’t want to wake you. You were snoring so I just let you be my cute little piggy.”

Alex grimaced, seeing that he wasn’t too happy that he was snoring.

“It was cute,” I tried to get him to forget about it.

“Whatever…”

I kissed him on the lips softly and each time I broke away, the kiss became more intense. Alex grabbed at his hoodie that I was snuggled in. He attempted to unzip it, but I wouldn’t let it go that far.

“No no no mister,” I wiggled my finger in front of his face, “We’re outside, in the view of everyone. Not to mention, the guys are inside. What happens if they walk out here and see us?”

“We continue on and rub it in their jealous faces,” Alex smirked as his hands continued down my body.

I rolled my eyes and pushed away from him. Denied, I was pulled back into his lap. However, Alex and I snuggled up to one another and rocked back and forth. We closed our eyes to dive into the abyss of relaxation.
“I want this moment to never end,” I mumbled into his chest.

“It doesn’t have to,” Alex threw the phrase out into the open.

“Nothing lasts forever babe,” I commented and wrapped my legs around his.

“Well we can make it,” Alex tried to win this battle but he never would.

“You are so stubborn,” I stated looking up into his brown beauties.

“As long as I’m here with you, then forever doesn’t exist. When I’m with you, everything is forgotten. All I want to do is love you and that’s what I’m going to do.” Alex always knew how to make my heart sing. He nailed it every time.

“Gaskarth, you’re perfect,” I replied in the best way that I could because I was speechless after that.

“I’m perfect when I’m with you.”

That was the last statement made for the rest of the morning that we spent on the porch. All we did was lie there wrapped up in one another with not a care in the world.

If this what my life was going to be with Alex, then time didn’t exist because all I knew was that we both would love each other for all eternity.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update! This is the second to last chapter! Ahhhh so crazy!

This chapter is really just a filler but I hope you enjoyed it. Sooo, I've started on ideas to the sequel and can't wait to write it! I've also started writing the Jack story and I hope to post it soon so bare with me on it :D

Thanks to every single one of you that has read, subscribed and commented on this story. Continue to comment and let me know of your thoughts about anything. Thanks again and as always, comment!