When Silence Roars

We finally meet

It was after I ate lunch that I went to the library to write the notes for language class. I was so grateful that Takaya loaned me his book to write the notes, but I’m still wondering why he gave it to me.

He probably is new, because he wasn’t in our class at the start of the term. Maybe he’s looking to make friends. That’s a nice way to start.
I looked at the clock and noticed I had enough time to finish writing the notes. Glancing around, I noticed other students lying around. One girl had her hair in a tight bun and wore stylish, square glasses that sat perfectly on her round face. She had a book on her desk and her hands on top of each other while her face was almost submerged in the book. I chuckled a little; she must have been enjoying the book.

I looked around again and saw students between the bookshelves searching for books. A brawny boy took one off a shelf, sat down on the carpeted floor, and started reading. Hm, I guess he doesn’t want to sit at a table; he finds the floor more comfortable. I chuckled to myself. The boy looked up and stared at me. Whoops, he heard me. His blue eyes searched mine for a few seconds and he smiled. He got up from where he sat and walked toward me.

“Hello.” He leaned on the empty chair beside me and crossed his legs.

“Um, hi Takaya.”

“Hello Sayuri.” He grinned. “May I sit here?”

I smiled at him. “Sure.”

He placed the book he took from the shelf in front of him and leaned on it facing me. “You were quite late this morning.”

I inwardly cringed at how Miss Osaka made me feel this morning. “Yeah.” I said trying to be okay with the conversation.

“That’s my fault actually.” He simply said.

I knitted my eyebrows at that statement. “Uh...how could that be your fault?”

He smiled a knowing smile. He put his right index finger on my forehead and looked me deep in the eyes. I gasped. It was him! I couldn’t move because of the shock that I was overcome with. I raised my index finger at him and tried to speak.

“Do you think this is a dream?” He removed his finger and waited for me to speak.

“How did you do that?” I managed to say.

“I can’t tell you that now.”

“Who are you?!” I shouted. The librarian looked up from her desk and gave me a stern stare. I moved closer to him and whispered. “Seriously, who are you?”

His bangs shuffled because of his laughter. “I’m Takaya Tion. I thought you knew that. My name is written on my book.” He said pointing to his notebook.

He seemed to be thinking this was funny. I slapped him on the arm and his smile was replaced with a hurt face. “Ow!” He silently shouted. “That hurt.”

“It’s supposed to. Why did you make me late for school?” I was really upset that I was embarrassed in front of the entire class this morning.

“I’m sorry. I take all the blame for that. I hadn’t noticed time had passed; but to make up for it I loaned you my book so you could write the notes.” He said with a sheepish grin.

“Well, I do thank you for loaning me your book, but couldn’t you have disturbed me some other time.”

He fake gasped and put his hand over his heart. “No, I was really curious. You wouldn’t stop staring at me during lunch yesterday. So, I decided to see if you were really...a...you know like me.”

“What was that word you used to describe yourself?” I contemplated for a moment before the light bulb turned on above my head. “Oh yes! A flitra.”

“I would prefer if you don’t say it quite often.” He quickly said.

I scrunched up my face at his statement, “Why?”

“Because I prefer you not.”

I sighed not wanting to upset him. “Fine.”

“Ujiteru seems to be the ‘it’ guy around here.” He said cautiously.

Pft, if somehow that was really true. “He isn’t all that he appears to be.”

“I figured. He seems to have an interest in you.”

“Yes, an interest in stalking me to get my homework.” Takaya laughed and stopped when he noticed I was glaring.

A little idea came to my mind. “You know, he’s jealous of you.” I smirked and waited for his reaction.

He cocked an eyebrow and said, “I just got here. Why would he be jealous of me?”

“That’s a very good question, dear friend. He saw you talking to me this morning and stupidly decided that something was going on.”

“He sounds like a four year old. Ha, that was something stupid to think, let alone voice.”

“Yeah he is. I’m almost finish writing the notes, so you’ll get your book in a few minutes.”

“Okay. I’ll patiently wait.”

A few minutes had passed and after scrutinizing the book cover I gave Takaya his book. “You’re an artist I see.”

“Yes.” He said taking the book and staring at something beside me. “You write nicely.”

I looked at my notebook and turned back to him. “Thank you; though I can’t say the same for you.” He frowned and I patted his arm lightly. “Dude, I was only joking.”

The bell rang signalling lunch period was over. I got up from the table and Takaya followed suit. We left the library for our math class and quietly went into the classroom and sat in the middle, beside each other. While taking out my notebook, a figure appeared before me. I looked up into amber eyes and smiled.

“Hi!” I said cheerily. I pointed to my right and smirked, “This is my boyfriend Takaya.”

Takaya looked at me and smiled. He looked at the person before me and put out his right hand. “Hi, nice to meet you; and you are?”

Ujiteru looked at Takaya disdainfully and glared at me. This was hilarious. The look on his face was making it all the more entertaining.

“That’s rude of you Ujiteru. How dare you treat him like that!” I feigned shock, unbeknownst to Ujiteru.

“Wow Sayuri, I’m getting the vibe your friend doesn’t like me.” Takaya said feigning hurt.

“Is this for real?” Ujiteru asked surprised.

Takaya and I looked at him and started laughing. “You’re so oblivious Ujiteru. Sometimes I wonder where your head is.” I was quite appalled that he was asking that. He actually believed it was for real.

“We’re just joking Ujiteru. No worries; Sayuri is yours for the taking.” Takaya smiled at him and leaned back in his chair.

I think I saw a little hint of relief on Ujiteru’s face, but that couldn’t be real because Ujiteru of all people really wouldn’t care. I was wondering why he was at my desk. “What do you want Ujiteru?” I asked almost impatient.

He pushed his hands in his pocket and wore an impassive expression, “Nothing.” He stated and walked to his desk.

I looked at Takaya with a knowing face. “I know. He’s weird.”

Mr. Laradon walked in to the classroom greeting everyone in a very excited mood. He was neatly dressed, as always. He placed his belongings on the table in front of him and put his pearly whites on an exhibit. I wonder what he’s so excited about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long, but it took almost forever to edit. Please leave comments.

Image