‹ Prequel: Obsticles
Sequel: Settled

Adjustments

Cat Nap

Emily squealed as Greg carried her into their Honeymoon suite at the Paris Las Vegas, Emily held onto her new husband tightly as he opened the door and closed it with his leg.

“Baby, slow down!” Emily begged, as Greg ran towards the bed and dropped her abruptly.

Greg undid his tie as he got on top of Emily, she was rearranging her wedding gown.

Emily laughed as Greg turned her around to unbutton the corset of her dress, Emily laid on the bed and couldn’t help but keep laughing as Greg failed at undoing her dress.

“Wow, maybe we should call somebody!” Emily said, mocking her husband.

Greg shook his head “NO…I’ve got this!” he insisted, finally undoing one button. “One down…four more to go!” he said.

Emily whined “Great…” she said.

________________________________________________________________________

They lied in bed, comfortable in their pajamas. No sex, no foul play, just Greg and Emily Sanders lying in bed together.

“So, how you doing?” Greg asked.

Emily giggled “I’m okay…can’t for Hawaii…” she said.

Greg nodded “Neither can I…” he said, holding Emily close.

“It’s kind of weird, being married…and permanently sharing a bed with you…and being on permeate booty call.” Emily said.

Greg laughed “It’s okay…I’m just glad it’s with you…” he said.

“Me too…” Emily said, cuddling with Greg.

Emily couldn’t stop giggling as Greg looked at her in the darkness of the hotel room “Are you okay?” he asked.

“Yes…it’s just…weird…and I can’t stop laughing!” Emily said, burying her face in Greg’s chest.

It was silent for a moment, Greg looked up at the ceiling of the hotel room as Emily began to breathe easy, for a moment he thought she was asleep when he began to move her.

“So when we get to Hawaii…are you gonna surf?” Emily asked, being rolled over by Greg.

Greg shrugged his shoulders “If I can find my surfboard…” he said.

Emily nodded “I hope you do…cause I know how much you like doing it…” she said, beginning to fall asleep “G’night, Greggy-Poo…” she said.

Greg yawned as he cuddled with Emily from behind “Goodnight, Emily Sanders…” he said.

________________________________________________________________________

A week and a half in Hawaii was exactly what Greg and Emily needed before coming back to the most hectic place on Earth.

It was weird for both of them wearing matching gold wedding bands when they would come to work.

Ecklie found it strange to be calling Emily ‘Mrs. Sanders’ instead of ‘Grissom JR.’, but didn’t mention anything to her or Grissom as he went along his ways.

Greg and Grissom had some strange tension going on as they both stood in the break room with Nick and Catherine, minding their own business while bluntly staring at each other.

Grissom had a cup off coffee as Greg read case file in silence with Nick, he looked at Greg, who looked up at him in confusion.

“Dad?” Greg asked.

Grissom looked at Greg worried “Son?” he said.

Greg shook from the cold moment in the room before getting up from the couch “…yeah, that isn’t ever going to work…” he said before leaving the break room.

Catherine and Nick looked up at Grissom, both confused and scared from what they had witnessed.

“That was weird…” Catherine said.

Nick nodded “And a little scary, too…” he said, closing the file.

Grissom gave them both a look of disgust as he shook his head and sat at the table, waiting for the rather boring shift to be over.

Emily walked into the Break Room and yawned as she grabbed her coffee cup and filled to the top with pure black coffee.

Nick smiled “Hey-hey-hey…don’t give yourself a heart attack!” he said.

“Give me a break…Ecklie’s got me working three doubles…all in a row!” she said, yawning, making Nick whine in his sympathetic pain for Emily.

Grissom looked up at Emily “What happened to Hodges?” he asked.

Emily laughed “So glad you asked,” she said, sitting across Grissom at the table “Food Poisoning!” she said.

Grissom looked at Emily in despair “I’m sorry…” he said.

“I just wanna sleep…” Emily said, slowly dozing off against the cold surface of the table.

Catherine pouted as he watched Emily fall asleep “Aww….poor baby!” she said.

Ecklie walked in, looking at Grissom “What the hell, Gil? I ask you to do one simple task and what do yo---is she asleep?” he asked, turning to Emily.

“Yeah.” Catherine, Nick, and Grissom said in unison.

Ecklie sighed “Next time she says she’ll do a double…I’ll pass…” he said, shaking Emily softly.

“Excuse me, Mrs. Sanders…you need to wake up…” Ecklie said, shaking her roughly.

Emily whined “Get out of my break room, baldie…” she muttered as she continued to sleep.

Nick and Catherine tried hard to keep their laughs in, the only reason Ecklie wouldn’t fire Emily Sanders was because she was good at her job and because she was the only one who could work DNA at the moment.

Ecklie took in a deep breathe, putting his hands in his pockets “Thirty minutes…should be enough time for a cat nap, right?” he asked.

They all nodded, giving Ecklie the moment to leave the break room and letting Catherine and Nick let all their laughter out.

Grissom shook his head “Maybe they should hire more lab techs?” he asked himself.

Nick shook his head “No…cause then the lab rats would take over, and then we’d be in serious trouble…” he said as he picked Emily up and laid her on the couch.

Catherine moved to the table as Nick tucked Emily in and kissed her on her forehead “Goodnight, little sister…” he said.

Grissom smiled “Why couldn’t she marry you?” he asked.

“I’m too old for her…” Nick said, sitting next to Catherine “Still can’t believe Greg called you ‘dad’…that was creepy!” he said.

Catherine nodded “And it’s even stranger that he called you ‘dad’…the only person who should ever say that to you is Emily…” she said, smiling brightly.

Grissom smiled “I’ll get over it…” he said, getting up from the table and leaving the break room.

Catherine and Nick shared a smirk as they watched Emily sleep.