‹ Prequel: Obsticles
Sequel: Settled

Adjustments

Get Over It

Greg walked out to the parking lot where Grissom was still sitting on his car and Heather was still glaring at him.

“Grissom…” Greg yelled, walking out towards them with his tux.

Grissom and Heather both turned to Greg, he stopped and put his hands in his pockets as he turned to Grissom “What’s going on?” he asked.

“Did they send you out here?” Grissom asked.

Greg laughed “No, but Nick and Warrick are currently putting Emily back together…apparently.” He said, glaring at Grissom.

Grissom didn’t say anything as he looked at Greg, which gave Greg to do something he had never done to Grissom, give him a piece of his mind.

“Y’know, Emily can’t live a single day without you? And the one day she needs you…and you bail on her? Like it’s not that big of a deal she’s getting married?” Greg said, he took in a deep breathe “I know you don’t like the idea of her marring me, gottcha, but please…for one day, give me a break!” he said.

Heather smiled “Listen to the boy, Gil.” She whispered.

Grissom thought for a moment, he just sat on the hood of his car as he thought for a moment.

____________________________________________________________________

Emily sat in the chair and waited, she wasn’t upset, but more furious at her father as she waited for somebody to tell her something.

Grissom walked into the room slowly, Emily looked up at him with nothing to say to him, and an attempt to not spit on the tux.

“I’m sorry.” Grissom said.

Emily sighed “…do you hate Greg? I always thought he was just being paranoid, but if you’re that disgusted with me marrying him--”

“—I don’t hate him. I just dreaded this day for as long as I can remember raising you.” Grissom said.

Emily looked at Grissom “…me getting married? Dad, it’s not that big of a deal! I’m just…officially pledging my allegiance to Greg.” She said, standing up from the chair.

Grissom hugged Emily closely, rocking her back and forth in the silence.

“…it would be just nice if you could be as enthusiastic about this as Nick is…” Emily said, pulling away from the hug.

Grissom let out of fake, yet hilarious smile on his face as Emily laughed at Grissom’s attempt.

Emily sighed “So, you’re cool?” she asked.

Grissom nodded “Yes, we’re cool! Now are you ready? Everyone’s waiting!” he said.

Emily let out a girly squeal, nervous that it was time for the big moment, Riley came running in with a smile on her face.

“I’m here!” Riley said, balancing herself while holding her flowers.

Emily smiled “…good,” she said, grabbing her bunch of flowers.

______________________________________________________________________

Emily blushed in the sunlight as she walked down the isle of her outdoor wedding. The Catholic Church had a beautiful garden and Emily thought it would be perfect for the wedding, as did Nick.

Nick and Warrick smiled big as they watched from Greg’s side of the altar, Heather was sitting in the front row of the bride’s side with an empty seat for Grissom.

Heather was smiling so brightly as she watched Grissom and Emily walk down the isle, she was breathe taking as she blushed at Greg, embarrassed with all the pairs of eyes watching them.

Grissom sighed as he handed Emily over to Greg, who smiled like the dork he was as he took Emily’s hand, Grissom smiled as he patted Greg on the back and went to take his seat.

The pastor smiled as he opened his Bible “We’re gathered here today to celebrate the love of these two dorky souls…”

_______________________________________________________________________

Nick and Warrick were battling it out on the dance floor with Emily, they danced around her and with her as Emily laughed hard.

“Guys, there’s too much testosterone going on!” Emily said, giggling as Nick grabbed her hand and spun her around.

Warrick laughed “Whatever!” he said, beginning to dance with Emily by himself as Nick excuse himself to get a drink.

Greg was sitting by himself as he drank a beer, Nick sat next to him and nudged him as he smiled.

“Congrats, man!” Nick said, opening his beer and throwing the cap on the table.

Greg smiled “Thanks, Nick…did you enjoy dancing with her?” he asked, drinking his beer.

Nick laughed “It’s kind of hard when you’re fighting with another guy for her…and it’s not even you!” he said, drinking his beer.

“Wow…well I know one girl you won’t have to battle Warrick for, and she’s coming right towards us.” Greg said, elbowing Nick in the side as Riley came walking towards them.

Riley smiled “Hey, Nick…you wanna dance?” she asked.

Nick put his beer down “I would love to, Riley!” he said, getting up from his seat and walking with Riley to the dance floor.

Emily immediately took Nick’s spot and smiled at Greg, who took her hand and kissed it.

“Why haven’t you asked me to dance?” she asked, smiling brightly.

Greg chuckled “I was being entertained with Warrick and Nick’s dance to the death!” he said, nodding.

Emily smiled “Yeah…I guess that would be entertaining…” she said.

Greg smiled as he took her hand “…but it’s okay, because I have the rest of my life to dance with you…” he said, kissing her cheek.

“Aww, Greggy-Poo.” Emily said, taking his hand right back.

“Greggy-Poo?” Grissom asked, the both of them as they turned to him.

Emily nodded “Yeah, it’s my nickname for him, like it?” she asked.

Grissom shrugged his shoulders “I don’t know. But anyway, Emily, would you like to dance?” he asked.

Emily nodded “Sure, dad!” she said, getting up from her seat and walking with Grissom.

Greg smiled as he got up from his seat and walked towards Sara, who looked at him with a smile trying to be hidden.

“Would you like to dance?” he asked.

Sara smiled “Does Emily know about this?” she asked.

“She’s dancing with Grissom!” Greg said, walking with Sara to right next to Grissom and Emily where they began to dance.

Grissom and Emily looked at Greg and Sara who began to ‘get down’ which got a dance competition started.

“Oh, it is on!” Emily said, hiking her wedding dress up and began to Warrick.

Greg began to laugh as Grissom watched in pure shock as his CSI team and his daughter began to ‘fight’ for the title of the best dancer.