‹ Prequel: Obsticles
Sequel: Settled

Adjustments

Hodges

Greg stormed into the hospital, unamused that Hodges was responsible for this panic frenzy. If he had a gun, he would have shot Hodges before leaving the lab…but that was a different story (and a different chapter entirely!).

Nick stood up from his chair “Alright, they’ve managed to stop the labor, but they’re going to keep her here for the night…limit her mobility!” he said, explaining the situation.

“Does Grissom know?” Greg asked.

Nick smiled at Greg “Have you killed Hodges, yet?” he asked.

Greg shook his head “No.” he sassed.

Nick shook his head “Then no. If you don’t kill Hodges, Grissom surely will…” he said.

“Grissom doesn’t have to know about it being Hodge’s fault she’s here!” Greg insisted.

Nick sighed heavily “Oh, Greggo…if only you knew that Grissom specifically wants every detail when it came to Emily’s premature labors...” he said.

Greg rolled his eyes “Fine, what room?” he asked, getting a little annoyed with the entire situation. If this was how Grissom felt all the time, then he wanted to quit his job and go back to the lab ASAP.

“…412…” Nick said, sitting back down in the chair, letting Greg have his moment.

________________________________________________________________________

Emily relaxed in the bed as Greg walked in slowly, she seemed asleep which disappointed Greg a little.

Greg took Emily’s hand as he sat next to her, he just relaxed for a moment before Emily turned, then looked at Greg.

“You know that house we looked at last week?” she whispered to him.

Greg nodded “Yeah,” he said.

Emily sighed for a moment “…lets but it…” she said bluntly.

“…are you sure?” he asked.

Emily nodded slowly “Yeah, I’m sure…I found out the sex of the baby today.” She whispered to Greg, who smiled brightly.

Greg kissed Emily’s hand “And are you going to tell me?” he asked.

“Do you want to know?” she asked, slowly turning towards Greg who smiled brightly.

Greg shook his head “No, I wanna wait…for a little longer,” he said, rubbing her stomach.

Emily nodded “Okay,” she muttered.
________________________________________________________________________

Emily was going through files in Grissom’s office as she felt someone right behind her, she turned around and smiled as she saw her father behind her.

“Hey!” she said, not getting up from her seat.

Grissom just looked at his desk, all the mail that had piled up from his 4-week sabbatical.

“I know, it’s overwhelming!” Emily said, pushing herself out of the chair and smiling at her father as he simply put his suitcase down.

Emily just watched Grissom as he walked towards his desk that had been piling up with mail.

Grissom sighed “Well, at least it’s not a river!” he said.

Emily nodded, being quiet as Grissom looked everything over before he looked up at Emily and smiled.

“So, how are you?” he asked.

Emily smiled “I’m okay, I’m supposed to be on bed rest…but…” she trailed off, looking away from Grissom.

Grissom looked at Emily “And why aren’t you?” he asked.

Emily smirked “Because being here is more exciting!” she said.

Grissom groaned “…alright, then…” he said.

Grissom and Emily walked out of his office to get everything organized, Grissom looked at Emily “So, what happened while I was gone?” he asked.

Emily shrugged her shoulders as she waddled with her father “…Keppler…oh, and Hodges put me in the hospital…” she said, just letting the information sink in with Grissom, when he stopped.

“What did Hodges do?” Grissom asked sternly.

Emily smiled “He broke an entire case’s worth of DNA Test Tubes, which put me in a frenzy and another premature labor visit to the hospital…” she said, her smile getting brighter.

“And nobody called me, why?” Grissom asked.

Emily giggled “Because Greg and Nick are still debating on how they should kill him…” she said.

Grissom rolled his eyes “I’m so glad I’m back…” he said, beginning to walk again towards Catherine’s office.
________________________________________________________________________

“I am an ass man,” Nick said, walking out of the Morgue just as Emily was walking by, she turned around to follow him closely.

Emily groaned “Wait up! I can only waddle so fast!” she said.

Nick smirked “…what’s up blimp?” he said, waiting for Emily.

Emily smiled “So I was told you guys got a lead?” she asked.

Nick chuckled “A butt implant!” he said, turning into a teenage boy.

“Oh, Nicky…” she said, following him closely “So, dad’s back…and glad to be home…he knows about the whole Hodges thing, and is willing to overlook it…but we have to break a bone!” she said.

Nick shook his head “I’m not breaking my arm!” he said.

Emily shook her head “No-no, break one of Hodges’ bones!” she said, stopping all of a sudden “But anyway, here are those OTHER test results. Now if you excuse me, I’m going to waddle my pregnant ass to lunch!” she said.

Nick smiled “I love you, Emily!” he said, almost in a joking sort of way.
________________________________________________________________________

Grissom and Keppler were getting acquainted as Emily walked up to the both of them, trying to not interrupt their conversation when Keppler turned to Emily and smiled.

“Emily,” Keppler said.

Grissom smirked “You’ve met Emily, I’m guessing?” he asked.

Keppler nodded “Yes, Mr. Grissom, your daughter is the smartest girl I’ve ever met…how are you feeling?” he asked.

Emily shrugged her shoulders “My feet hurt.” She said, not complaining of anything.

Grissom sighed “Well, I’m glad you’ve enjoyed my daughters’ presence, but unfortunately as of today, she’s going on bed rest.” He said, turning to Emily.

“I talked to Ecklie, you’re getting too big to reach across the lab counters…” he said, almost embarrassing Emily in front of a superior.

Emily huffed “Fine, be that way!” she said, waddling away.

Keppler smirked “She’s very stubborn isn’t she?” he asked.

Grissom nodded at his comment “After awhile, I just maneuver my way around it…she grew up in this lab, so it only makes sense she has a strong attachment to it…” Grissom said.

“Well, Emily is definitely someone worth having around, it’s a shame I won’t be able to work with her again,” Keppler said, walking down the hall with Grissom.