Walking Contradiction

A LOT CAN BE REVEALED

NAIMA'S POV:
As everyone finished there meals, the conversation grew again. People left the table continuing to socialise dance and have a good time. I saw Billie Joe go into the bar I remembered the bottle of Tequila. I used to be a bar tender a while ago I was only 15 I had the little gift of looking a hell of lot older than I was I was fired from that job after I became addicted to tequila. I entered the bar, and saw many men crowded around the bar not realising that the bar tender had left. I checked with Mr. Wong who owned the place and he okayed me serving drinks. Stepping behind the bar I approached Billie Joe and leant my chest on the bar tucking a pencil behind my ear

“So what can I get for you sir?” I laughed

“Bloody Mary,” He replied at this answer I was shocked I didn’t think Billie Joe was a Mary drinker.

“Sure thing,” I found the various rather disturbing ingredients that go into a bloody mary and shook them together in a metal martini shaker pouring it into a glass I slid it toward Billie Joe but a hand stopped it the glass toppled to the floor the bright red concoction seeping slowly down to the tiled floor I looked at the person who had done this. I saw a lady who I immediately recognised as Adrienne Armstrong, Billie’s now EX wife.

“Who the hell are you?” She asked accusingly “Some groupie whore?”

“Excuse You,” I asked my arms folded across my chest

“Adrienne,” Billie warned

“What did you call me?” My voice was low, murderously low

“A groupie whore.” Drawled Adrienne

“Adrienne.” This time it was Trè I was thankful and kind of embarrassed at the two guys standing up for me who they hardly knew

“Listen here. One even if I was you can’t do anything Billie is your EX husband. TWO I am not a whore. And THREE you ever call me one again you won’t remember you own name.” I snarled. Adrienne went completely silent.

“Fine, goodbye groupie,” This I didn’t mind I could live with groupie then she turned to Billie Joe “Bye man-whore. Have fun with your little home-wrecker.”

“She is not a home wrecker. You don’t even know her Adrienne.” Billie Joe snarled.

“I know your pissed over the divorce 80 but don’t take it out on Naima,” It was mike this time. I strode out from behind the bar, and placed my hands on my hips.

“Just leave Adie before you make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have.” Trè said

“Fine. Goodbye whores.” She sneered. I’ll admit it I did the wrong thing but she said it and something in me snapped, my hand clenched into a fist and it collided with her face a heard the crunch of nasal cartilage breaking and the eerie silence that filled the bar.

“You go now.” The words formed and left my lips sucking the last of Adrienne’s dignity as they faded away. She picked herself up and left still clutching her nose. I quickly excused myself and walked into the bathroom locking myself in a cubicle I sat down and cried. I heard the door to the bathroom open and someone knocked on my cubicle door.

“Naima?” I heard Brittney asked

BRITTNEY’S POV:

I knocked on the white door softly,

“Naima?” I asked

“Go away,” Her voice was angry and hurt

“No.” I said leaning my back against the door “I am not moving until you tell me what’s going on.” I felt the door push and I quickly moved and she opened the door. Her eyes were red from crying and mascara and eyeliner had smudged her face.

“I’m gonna die. They’re gonna murder me…”