Status: Active please comment

Nothing Could Come Between Us

Cold Shoulder Mornings

Peeling her legs from the cracked vinyl of the bench seat for the millionth time, Marcella sighed. She mental kicked herself, as she tugged her daisy duke shorts down, for her wardrobe choice. Finally getting re-situated, Marcella rolled her eyes as her brother, who had removed his arm to allow her to adjust herself, tossed his arm back on top of the bench to prevent Matt from doing the same. They had been at it all morning. Their little jibes at each other were blatantly obvious and Marcella just wanted to pull her hair out. To say the least things were awkward.

Clearing his throat yet again Marcella continued to ignore Matt’s attempts to catch her attention. She felt bad for ignoring him but she wasn’t quite sure how she felt about the whole situation yet.

“Dude I offered you a cough drop already!” Brian spoke without looking at Matt, sarcasm dripping from his words.

“Don’t need a cough drop; I need a blanket for all this cold shoulder I am getting.” With that Matt stood walking away from their table to the jukebox that was placed in the corner of the 50’s themed dinner.

“Jesus they must have had to round up the chickens to collect the fucking eggs for us guys. How long have we been waiting for our food?” Brian spoke in true Synyster manner pretending that nothing happened.

“Chelle?” Marcella nodded her head toward the restroom not bothering to finish her sentence.

“You read my mind girly…” Michelle waited for Marcella to exit the bench before pushing Brian out of her way to follow.

“Why in the hell do they pee in packs?” Johnny asked watching them walk away.

Marcella pushed the door open only to find one other lady there washing her hands. Motioning for Michelle to take the open stall Marcella leaned her head against the black and white tiled wall. As soon as the lady left Michelle exited the unused stall and sat down on the counter.

“Spill.”

“I don’t even know where to start!” Marcella groaned looking anywhere but at her friend.

“How about you start at the part where you are scared to admit that you liked what happened last night.”

Snapping her attention to Michelle seeing she had a serious expression she sighed.

“’Chelle I did and I didn’t. I don’t know what to do. You know if I let myself fall for him your
fucktard sister will coming in and fucking fuck everything the fuck up!”

“Wow four fucks in one sentence you really are tore up M. But on the brighter side it looks like Matt enjoyed it to. He’s been trying to get your attention all morning. I’m surprised he hasn’t texted your phone into oblivion.”

Lowering her hand to her shorts pocket as Michelle finished talking she sighed, “He probably has I left my phone on the table…”

Nodding Michelle jumped down from the counter. “Don’t worry about my sister, sister. We will figure this out.” With that they exited the bathroom laughing as they both tried to walk out the door at the same time.

It didn’t take long to return to the table where only Michelle and Marcella’s plates had been untouched and something small and red was being passed around.

“Give me my fucking phone Z.V. or I will remove your testicles with a flaming hot spoon and force feed them to you.” Marcella growled pushing passed her brothers failed attempts to block her from reaching Zacky and jerked her phone away.

“God you are all just a bunch of vultures!”

Quickly scanning through her messages she sighed. She had six new unopened texts from Matt and two opened messages from Ty.

‘You must have had a hell of a night if you’re to hung over to text back –Ty’

‘Hey I was just kidding be4 don’t be mad –Ty’

“Oh how nice you guys read my messages!” Marcella shoved her phone into her bra before glaring at everyone at the table as if daring them to try and get her phone now.

“Not all of them.” Zacky smiled innocently as he spoke.

“Yeah I saw that…” Marcella mumbled around the forkful of egg she jammed into her mouth.

“Looks like you didn’t read all of your messages either.” Matt’s voice made Marcella jump.

Shoveling as much of the food on her plate into her mouth, so she wouldn’t have to answer or look at Matt; Marcella chugged the rest of her orange juice and pushed herself off the bench again.

“I’m ready to get out of here.”

Following suit the rest of the group exited the corner booth and followed Marcella to the doors.

“Who is paying?” Brian hollered over his shoulder as he pushed the diner door wide open.

“Obviously not you, I got it.” Michelle answered back before grabbing Matt’s arm as he tried to follow the rest out of the diner.

“A word Shadz?”

---------

Watching everyone rush around setting everything up Marcella felt really out of place. It seemed everyone had their own little jobs to do and all she could do was stay out of the way. Dodging out of Zacky’s way as he started to string cords toward the stage Marcella just gave up and started to wonder around looking for the guys’ dressing room.

Finally finding it she reached for the door handle just in time to have it open from the other side. Jerking her hand back in time to see Matt’s face change from shock to an uncaring mask Marcella sighed.

“Well I gotta go Val, I will talk to you some time.” With that he shut his phone and looked down to Marcella.

“Yeah?”

Standing dumbfounded as a hundred thoughts thundered through her mind Marcella wanted to gouge Matt’s eyes out for looking down at her like he was now.

“Oh I see we are still giving the silent treatment, nice very mature there M. Now if you will excuse me I have work to do.” With that he walked around her toward the stage.

Slamming the dressing room door behind her Marcella threw herself on the couch and buried her face in the cushion. Allowing a small muffled scream to help release the emotions she felt, Marcella flipped over onto her back removing her phone from her bra.

She didn’t know which was worse, the fact that he was mad at her, or the fact that he was talking to Valary again. Stewing on that for a minute Marcella flipped open her phone.

“Two can play that game!” Marcella had every intention of texting every guy in her phone but as her eyes landed on her still unread texts from Matt she faltered.

The first message was from four in the morning. ‘M, I don’t know what that was tonight but I don’t regret it. –Shadz’

The next five were from earlier today.

‘M we should talk about us, I don’t know what’s going on. We just need to talk. –Shadz’

‘M quit ignoring me – Shadz’

‘Is that how we are going to be now? –Shadz’

‘Fine obviously I misunderstood your actions last night – Shadz’

‘Fucking TALK to ME! –Shadz’

Closing her phone Marcella groaned. “Why am I the bad guy here?!”

Waiting a good ten minutes without moving Marcella finally broke and reopened her phone, texting first Ty then Matt.

‘Hey I wasn’t too hung over to text back just dealing with a lot of shit. Sorry – M’

‘Matt I know not talking wasn’t very mature but I am scared. – M’

Sliding her phone back into her bra Marcella smiled as the sound of the first song of the night could be heard. Rushing out of the dressing room and to her place beside Michelle, she watched from the left side of the stage as the boys played their hearts out.

Halfway through the concert Marcella received a text.

‘Oh. Did I get you in trouble last night? Your man looked pretty pissed. –Ty’

‘No you didn’t, I got myself in trouble all by myself lol –M’

‘That sucks want me to not text you? I’m sure that pisses off King Kong to. –Ty’

Laughing at the text Marcella shook her head.

‘King Kong? –M’

‘You know your man, the one with anger issues and tattoos? – Ty’

“Hold up here for just a second.” Matt yelled over the sound of Brian starting another song. “My phone has been going off for the last half hour let’s see what’s so damn important they would interrupt the concert shall we?”

Looking first to Michelle with a questioning gaze then back to Matt on the stage Marcella felt her heart race.

“Oh it’s a text. Want me to read it out loud?” Matt asked cockily like he knew the crowd wouldn’t tell him no.

The crowd screamed wildly and Marcella watched Matt’s eyes dart across the phone screen reading the text to himself. His cocky grin faded and Marcella felt her heart stop as he looked across the stage to her.

“Well what’s it say there Shadz, it must be good if you don’t want to share it with everyone all of the sudden.” Zacky laughed into his own microphone teasing Matt.

“Yeah come on man its gotta be good you interrupted my mad guitar intro for it after all.” Syn added.

“It’s nothing guys how about we finish this shin dig up alright?”

The crowd then began to chant, "READ IT READ IT." Following Johnny's lead and Matt grinned crookedly.

“Alright alright no need to riot! It’s from a very good friend of mine and it says…” Matt looked back over to the corner of the stage where Michelle and Marcella stood just out of view of the crowd and smiled.

Michelle by now had caught on and was shaking Marcella begging her to tell her what the hell was going on.

“It says ‘sorry I was a jerk face but I just got scared.” Matt smiled evilly to himself as he slaughtered what the message actually said.

Zacky laughed into his microphone not understanding what was going on any more.

“Ok well that was very informative…” Brian joked before turning to Matt with a what-the-fuck-are-you-doing look.

“I think we have held this party up enough so I’m going to finish it right now. Normally I wouldn’t end with this song but… This one is going out to my scared friend because she loves this song. But she has got to help us out with it.”

Turning his back to the crowd and drawing Syn closer to him he whispered into his ear making sure his microphone caught it.

“Let’s end it with Victim.”

The crowd screamed as Synyster nodded stiffly finally understanding the situation.

“Alright now scream really fucking loud for the one and only sister of Synyster Fucking Gates!” Matt shouted into the mic as he ran across the stage grabbing a protesting Marcella.

It took both Matt and Zacky to drag her on the stage. Handing her his microphone, Zacky gave her a quick hug.

Holding the mic in her shaking hands Marcella sang the female intro to Victim knowing they would stand there all night if she didn’t. After she finished and Matt started singing, Marcella slid the microphone back into Zacky’s stand and started to walk off stage. She had made it a few steps before Matt grabbed her waist pulling her to him.

Sharing his microphone Marcella sang the remainder of the song with him thinking the whole time,

Things just got a lot more complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is going out to Mrs. Austin Winkler and Miyah because they saved me from writers block with their comments.

And yes Tyler will be a major part of the story here soon so don't give up on me yet!

Like always please comment! I love comments and probably won't post again until I get three comments. So please please comment!

-Ke