Crying On A Saturday Night

Chapter Seven

"Char, up," I heard Brian say as he came into the room. I tried to open my eyes. "Get out of bed Charlotte," he said, his voice becoming sterner. I grumbled at him and my eyes slowly opened. "School is in an hour, get your ass up," he said before leaving the room. I yawned and rose out of my bed. I looked at my clock and it flashed 7:00 at me. I stumbled down the hall to the bathroom and got ready for school.

I stared at the chalkboard in a daze as the teacher droned on about whatever she was talking about. I bet if one were to look hard enough, they could find a pool of drool on my desk. Disgusting, yes, but probably true.

I was snapped back to reality when a balled up piece of paper was thrown in front of me. My eyes fluttered back to focus and I picked my head up off my hand, looking to my right. Demetra's eyes locked with mine and she motioned down to the paper. I slowly shifted my eyes down to the paper and began unballing it.

Come with me after this period. We're skipping.

I looked back up to Demetra and nodded my head. I just wanted to get the fuck out of there and get some sleep.

The bell finally rang and I went to my locker, grabbing my bag, and walked skillfully past the security guards and found Demetra waiting for me. We started to walk toward her house.

"You okay this morning, Charlie?" she asked as we walked in silence.

"Yeah. I just didn't get much sleep last night. It took me awhile to get home," I said through a yawn.

We kept walking, but ended up turning down a different street, heading in the opposite direction.

"Where the fuck are we going, yo?" I asked.

"Aryn's house," Demetra replied shortly. I just continued to follow her until she walked up to the front door of a house I didn't know. Aryn opened the door with a joint between his lips and ushered us inside without saying a word. He obviously lived with a few friends, because the inside of the house was a mess. That and the fact that said friends he lived with were sitting on the couch, passing around a bong.

"Hey," one of Aryn's friends greeted. I just nodded my head and took a seat next to Demetra as Aryn walked into the kitchen. He came back with a couple bottles of beer and set one each in front of Demetra and me.

"Thanks," I said, trying to stifle a yawn, and Aryn sat down next to me since Demetra moved to the other side of the couch to get her hands on that bong. I opened the bottle and took a drink. Soon the bong was passed down to me, where I took more than enough hits. I leaned back into the couch and rested my head against the plush cushioning, trying to get to sleep.

I could vaguely feel a prick and a long sting. I shot my eyes open and looked at my arm to see Aryn pulling the needle from my arm.

"Goddamnit. Why the fuck do you always have to--do--that..." I finished off as the waves of calmness and pleasure washed over me. I sighed as a slow lazy smile crept to my face. "Mmmm..." I sighed, my eyes drifting shirt again. "Get me another one of those, bud..." I said with a giggle. I opened my eyes and saw Aryn get up and go across the room where he filled the same needle up again. He came back over to me and pushed it through my skin. I couldn't feel it and I shut my eyes when he finished. And the next thing I knew, I was out.

I was cold and wet and shivering when I came to. I opened my eyes to see Demetra, Aryn, and his friends looming over me. I blinked and pushed my bangs away from my eyes as I gained my focus again. I saw Demetra holding onto a bucket. They threw water on me.

"What the fuck guys..." I grumbled.

"You passed out," Aryn said monotonously.

"Yeah, we thought you fell asleep... but when you didn't wake up for five hours we kinda took matters into our own hands," Demetra explained.

"Why the fuck did I pass out?" I asked skeptically.

"Your body probably wasn't used to that double shot of heroin....so your brain kinda had a temporary meltdown and you passed out," one of Aryn's friends said.

"What time is it?" I asked as I sat up from the couch.

"Almost 5..." Demetra said.

"Shitfucks.... I should probably get going then. I'ma be in trouble with Daddy-o," I said as I stood up. "Aryn, you got any I can take with me?" I asked, gesturing toward the bag on the table.

"Yeah... but it'll cost you," he said with a shrug.

"Can I pay you tomorrow? I don't have any cash on me right now. I'll give it to Vamp and she'll hand it over to you," I reasoned. Aryn looked from me to Demetra.

"I'll make sure she gives me the money tomorrow. She's trustworthy," she explained. He nodded his head and strolled over to the table where the bag was.

"How much do you want?" he asked.

"Uhh.... how much would I need to fork over to get two weeks worth?" I asked cautiously.

"Probably 250. Give or take."

"Okay. I'll get the money to you tomorrow then," I replied. He nodded.

"K. I'm only gonna give you 5 needles.. just re-use them and shit," Aryn said as he pulled out the pre-made heroin and handed a couple small bottles over along with 5 syringes.

"Alright, thanks man. I'll see you guys later," I said before I left the house. Aryn's house was actually closer to home than Demetra's so it didn't take me as long to get there. I made sure my right shirt sleeve was rolled down to cover the punctures from the needles, and made sure my stash was tucked away completely before walking through the front door.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Brian asked from his spot in the kitchen.

"I--I was at my friend's house to study for the Chem test tomorrow and I ended up falling asleep and I just woke up and walked home," I stammered, trying to think of something good.

Brian glared at me, his face stony. He didn't say a word for a little while and I wondered what exactly was going through his head at that moment. "Just... fucking call next time, alright?" he asked with a sigh. I nodded my head and went straight up to my room, hiding my stash away in a drawer under some papers and shit.

School was a drag. All I wanted to do was get home so I could shoot up. Pathetic that it was the only thing I had to look forward to, right? But I didn't care. School finally let out and I hurried outside, getting a ride with a senior in exchange for a blowjob. He dropped me off and I entered the house where Michelle was in the kitchen making dinner and Brian was with Jack in the living room.

"Hey," Brian greeted as I was passing through the living room.

"...Hello," I mumbled as I tried to get upstairs quickly.

"How was school?" he asked, as if he was the slightest bit interested in the matter. I sighed to myself and stopped walking.

"It was fine," I said, getting agitated. I just wanted my fucking drugs already.

"That's good to hear," he replied and went back to what he was doing. I stomped my way up the stairs for no reason and went down the hall to my room where I slammed the door behind me.

I threw my bag down on my bed and went over to the drawer I kept my stash in. I pulled out my chair and took a seat as I looked over my supply. Of the two bottles of heroin I got, I had 3/4 of one left, and two needles. I did actually pay Aryn, just a couple days later than planned. Getting the money wasn't that hard. All I had to do was sleep with two guys in one night and I was covered.

I rolled up my right sleeve and filled up a needle with the amount I wanted. I looked down at my arm, seeing all the tiny red scabs freckling the length of my vein, and stuck myself. I slowly started to push the caustic substance into my bloodstream and hissed in pain like I always did. I got about halfway done when there was a knock on the door.

"Charlie?" I heard Brian's voice from the other side. I panicked.

"Uhhhh..... hold on a second," I said, and hastily yanked the needle from my arm. I threw the half full needle and the heroin back into the drawer and slammed it shut. I pulled my sleeve down over my arm again. I got up and instantly felt the drug starting to take over my body. I was scare that it was obvious I was high so I hesitated to open the door. I tried my best to keep a straight face before I actually did open the door and stood there, squinting at Brian and trying not to smile.

"Um, dinner is ready..." he said eyeing me.

"I'm really tired and I don't feel good so I think I'm gonna go to sleep," I said, trying to remain coherent. My vision was starting to go so I couldn't really read the expression on his face.

"Oh. Alright. Well, we'll save some for you in case you get hungry later or something," he said before going back downstairs. I shut my door and flopped back on my bed, letting the hap hazardous smile creep to my lips.

That was a close one...